SunnyTiger

Montreal IR1 / CR1 Case Complete - waiting for interview

81 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a few questions and one regarding that interview time in Montreal. I received this morning an email asking for fees, complete IV and submit financial civil documents. I'm Canadian my husband American living with me in Canada near Montreal, we are planing to go live in US in his house (we are together for almost 9 years and married for 6 years). I'd like to private chat with some of you that can give me the right information. 

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, mandarines said:

I have a few questions and one regarding that interview time in Montreal. I received this morning an email asking for fees, complete IV and submit financial civil documents. I'm Canadian my husband American living with me in Canada near Montreal, we are planing to go live in US in his house (we are together for almost 9 years and married for 6 years). I'd like to private chat with some of you that can give me the right information. 

Thanks

@canadavisa22

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

3 hours ago, mandarines said:

Thanks

You can just post your question here and I'll do my best to answer.

Timeline
10 hours ago, canadavisa22 said:

You can just post your question here and I'll do my best to answer.

I received the email yesterday for the next step, which is pay some fees, complete the IV and send financial and civil document.  If its not clear enough let me know and I'll put more details or explain better.

1- Does my husband really need to leave Canada, go back where we want to live to establish domicile, find a job and send me proof of that to even complete the IV form? Or could it somehow be left incomplete in the section about the job and for him to go at the last month before the interview so we can actually complete it?

Otherwise, without that job in the US, I don't think I can complete that IV form.

We already have a domicile in NC which is his family's home/land and since his father passed away in 2018 his mother put him on the deed as well, he still has his US bank account, US credit card and transfers money from CA to US every month to pay the CC.  

2- Once I've paid and sent the required documents, approximately how much time does it take to have an appointment for the interview at Montreal? I read somewhere on the forum that cases were completed and took around 6-8 months to have the interview.

I don't understand how they can treat all cases the same way, there is a big difference between a couple that was together for 9 years and married for 6 and a couple that has only been together for a year.

That is unfair in my mind to require a couple to be separated for months when they built a life together for years with a kid involved (mine not his). Or asking the US citizen to leave Canada and his job than go back in US to establish domicile when nothing is 100% sure his spouse will be allowed to live in US.

3- Somewhere in the US immigration website it said we could have a sponsor, then we learned here that apparently it is not possible with Montreal but he can have a co-sponsor if he doesn't meet the financial requirement, there is no logic to that. link.

4- What are the options, if any? Is there anything we are not aware of that could make the things easier, faster...?

At first when we applied January 2019 we read that it to take around 8-10 months to complete the case and being able to move in US. Now its been a year a two months and we're apparently not even close to being finished.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, mandarines said:

I received the email yesterday for the next step, which is pay some fees, complete the IV and send financial and civil document.  If its not clear enough let me know and I'll put more details or explain better.

1- Does my husband really need to leave Canada, go back where we want to live to establish domicile, find a job and send me proof of that to even complete the IV form? Or could it somehow be left incomplete in the section about the job and for him to go at the last month before the interview so we can actually complete it?

Otherwise, without that job in the US, I don't think I can complete that IV form.

We already have a domicile in NC which is his family's home/land and since his father passed away in 2018 his mother put him on the deed as well, he still has his US bank account, US credit card and transfers money from CA to US every month to pay the CC.  

2- Once I've paid and sent the required documents, approximately how much time does it take to have an appointment for the interview at Montreal? I read somewhere on the forum that cases were completed and took around 6-8 months to have the interview.

I don't understand how they can treat all cases the same way, there is a big difference between a couple that was together for 9 years and married for 6 and a couple that has only been together for a year.

That is unfair in my mind to require a couple to be separated for months when they built a life together for years with a kid involved (mine not his). Or asking the US citizen to leave Canada and his job than go back in US to establish domicile when nothing is 100% sure his spouse will be allowed to live in US.

3- Somewhere in the US immigration website it said we could have a sponsor, then we learned here that apparently it is not possible with Montreal but he can have a co-sponsor if he doesn't meet the financial requirement, there is no logic to that. link.

4- What are the options, if any? Is there anything we are not aware of that could make the things easier, faster...?

At first when we applied January 2019 we read that it to take around 8-10 months to complete the case and being able to move in US. Now its been a year a two months and we're apparently not even close to being finished.

We have a similar journey... did he work in the USA in 2018 or 2019? If he did, you can submit that as the financial support.  I’m not sure he has to necessarily leave Canada. I’m Canadian and my husband is American... I can be in the USA 6 months less a day in a year.  

I don’t think there’s a faster way... at this point we filed in Feb and they’re working on cases from Dec. We’re waiting patiently 😊

Timeline
Just now, scottandlisag said:

We have a similar journey... did he work in the USA in 2018 or 2019? If he did, you can submit that as the financial support.  I’m not sure he has to necessarily leave Canada. I’m Canadian and my husband is American... I can be in the USA 6 months less a day in a year.  

I don’t think there’s a faster way... at this point we filed in Feb and they’re working on cases from Dec. We’re waiting patiently 😊

No he didn't work in US since 2014 because he moved here not long after our wedding. The US citizen need to return in US to establish domicile, find a job... So he need to leave Canada. When its time your husband will have to leave too, find a job and a place to live. 

Timeline
58 minutes ago, mandarines said:

No he didn't work in US since 2014 because he moved here not long after our wedding. The US citizen need to return in US to establish domicile, find a job... So he need to leave Canada. When its time your husband will have to leave too, find a job and a place to live. 

This thread may help you 

Hi! Please help. 
I am currently waiting for “case complete status”. I’m Canadian living in Canada and my husband is American living in Michigan.  
were expecting the interview to be in summer. Am I allowed to visit the states with my Canadian passport? Even if I have an open application ? Has anyone done this???? 

Edited by Arhb1234

11 minutes ago, Arhb1234 said:

Hi! Please help. 
I am currently waiting for “case complete status”. I’m Canadian living in Canada and my husband is American living in Michigan.  
were expecting the interview to be in summer. Am I allowed to visit the states with my Canadian passport? Even if I have an open application ? Has anyone done this???? 

Sure Canadians do that all the time.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

8 hours ago, Arhb1234 said:

Hi! Please help. 

HI

I have opposite situation I am waiting for N400 and my husband is Canadian I am traveling with GC 2 time per month to Canada. 

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Timeline
23 hours ago, mandarines said:

My husband has his PR in Canada but has been working in the US the last 1.5 yrs.  I’m currently going back and forth between Canada & US until my interview in MTL

On 3/9/2020 at 7:50 PM, scottandlisag said:

My husband has his PR in Canada but has been working in the US the last 1.5 yrs.  I’m currently going back and forth between Canada & US until my interview in MTL

How has he maintained his PR status?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

17 minutes ago, scottandlisag said:

Yes he has

I asked how not if lol.  There's lots of people whose spouse's are pr of Canada and they have maintained that by living with a Canadian spouse but I'm sure others are curious how to do as well. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.