Beddy2015

N400 October 2019 Filers!

1,174 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 9/24/2020 at 3:55 PM, aSangria said:

@oriana77 Have you heard back yet? Im from NYC and filed in October 2019. Just wondering :)

Hey, nope. I also filed in October 2019 and nothing yet. I hope getting some news from them before the year ends. They're literally taking forever 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/1/2020 at 3:57 PM, Boatman_ said:

Congratulations to both of you. Illinois is doing a lot better than NJ.

To all Newark,NJ Oct 2019 filers..any updates?

I am an Oct 22nd 2019 how about you!?

1 hour ago, Boatman_ said:

Almost the same as you. Submitted October 3, 2019 and last update is when i did the Biometric October 25, 2019

same here just checked. applied oct 2019, last update oct 2019 when i did my biometrics

current status : tbd

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Portland OR filer here - application submitted October 19 2019, interview on October 5 2020 - almost 12 months since I filed.  I really wanted to be able to vote!  I've always been overprepared for all my previous interviews but this one feels like it should be easy.  I'm a native Australian English speaker, I know the answers to all the civics questions, and haven't committed a felony - am I right to be relaxed about this or am I missing something?

Mine was extremely relaxed and almost kind of fun. Everybody was really polite and pleasant. All other times I was there people were always polite and professional, but somehow it felt different for this one.
Handed over my passport and green card, was sworn in, answered 6 questions. Read a sentence, wrote a sentence. That was the civics test (may have been 5 minutes). Went over all the question and answers on the N400 petition. Some were updated, some were corrected, some were captured incorrect. And that was it. whole thing took like 15 to 20 minutes.
I was her third and last interview of the day and she found it interesting that all 3 of us were Dutch and all three of us were there for the N400.
She explained why my AOS had not been approved yet and that she would do that after the interview and than would proceed with the approval of the N400. I had a 30 minute drive back to my house and got the approved AOS message before I pulled into the neighborhood.
I hope you get the same treatment. It was refreshing.

The oath ceremony was almost ridiculous. It was one of the first ones after the full lock-down and they went out of there way to get people through. Missing documents, incorrectly filled out. Everything was changed on the spot and nobody got turned away.

San Diego, CA Filer.

I got my interview letter in the mail last week (Sept 24th). My appointment is on October 7, 2020. I originally filed for the N400 back in October 2019.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I attended my interview yesterday. Everything was super quick. There were about five of us in the waiting area for N400 . 
Some of the questions that were asked: 

1.Who was president during World War 1

2. Who lived in America before the Europeans. 
3. Who is the Vice president now 

The reading and writing questions were: When is Columbus Day? - Columbus day is in October. 
then I was asked the all yes & no questions. 
When was the last time I travelled out of the country.

Now I have to wait for the oath ceremony . 

Praying for those of one still waiting to get an interview soon. 

Interview scheduled update today. Exactly 1 year since filing. Another friend also got interview letter exactly within 1 year of filing so I think the timeframe in Queens/NYC is 1 year for interview. Now waiting on actual letter. 

2 hours ago, MasNaz said:

Interview scheduled update today. Exactly 1 year since filing. Another friend also got interview letter exactly within 1 year of filing so I think the timeframe in Queens/NYC is 1 year for interview. Now waiting on actual letter. 

I hope your results are reproducible: My own year mark is ... tomorrow.

(But Manhattan, which appears to be (even worse) than Queens)

Anyway, congrats and thank you for this info! When are you scheduled? 

a.

1 hour ago, cacolac323 said:

I hope your results are reproducible: My own year mark is ... tomorrow.

(But Manhattan, which appears to be (even worse) than Queens)

Anyway, congrats and thank you for this info! When are you scheduled? 

a.

Didn’t receive letter yet, probably sometime in early-mid November 

I did my interview yesterday at the USCIS Office in downtown San Diego, CA. My appointment was at 10:30 AM. I originally submitted back in Oct 2019.

I showed up to the building 15 minutes before my appointment time as instructed in the interivew letter. To my surprise there were at least 20 individuals in line already, and it was not moving that fast. After 10 minutes, the line started to move and it was quick after that. I entered the building, checked-in, security clearance and went up to the 4th floor to the waiting area, by then it was 10:30 AM already. I didn't get called in for my interview until around 11:25 AM. The officer asked me to show him my appointment/interview letter along with my Green Card and CA State Drivers License. He did the english part of the exam first: Write "The capital of USA is Washington, D.C.", asked me to read of the iPad "Independence day is on July 4th" and that was that. Then we asked me about my timeline as a student since that's how I first came in to the USA (F1 Visa) and asked me how I met my wife. He asked what date I got married and asked to see my Original Marriage Certificate. Then he reviewed my employement timelines and proceeded to ask if there were any changes since my application to the N-400. I explained that I had since moved to a new address (asked me how many bedrooms, and what the rent was) and that I had a baby girl in May. He asked to see a copy of the Birth Certificate for my Daugther which I had with me in my files. After that we did the Civics questiosn, which he asked me six questions. Who is the VP of USA? What ocean is on the east coast? States that Border Mexico? Give two rights that every CItizen has? WHo is the father of USA? How many senators are there? I answered all correctly. Then proceeded to review all the "No" questions on the N-400, have you ever been convicted of such an such? are you involved with terroriste organization? Communism? Ever hurt or killed someone? That takes a couple of minutes. Finally he made me review the changes or additions that were made to my N-400 (new address and a child), I signed (digitally) on the iPad and that basically finished the interview process. There was very little small talk with the office, but he seemed pretty relaxed, not super serious or trying to be intimidating. After that the office gave me the great news that I had been APPROVED and as of that moment I was a US Citizen. He explained that sometimes they mail out the Certificate of Naturalization, but to my luck they did have the the materials needed and provided me with the document right there and then. The whole thing took about 35 minutes and he explained that it is usually not that long, because we had to wait another 10 minutes to get the certificate printed out. Officially done with N-400 and already registered to VOTE. I will do my passport application tomorrow, since I can't come back in to the USA now if I decide to travel. He did keep my 10 year Green Card with him.

Best of luck to all of you!

Updated timeline:

N-400/Naturalization application

·         10/28/2019 - Filed N-400 Online - Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed

·         11/02/2019 - NOA dated October 30 available online

·         11/02/2019 - my.uscis.gov: Status Changed to Biometrics Appointment Was Scheduled

·         11/06/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice dated November 1 available online

·         11/06/2019 - Biometrics Appointment scheduled for 11/21/2019 @3:00 PM

·         11/21/2019 - Biometrics Appointment complete 11/21/2019 @3:00 PM/

·         03/18/2020 - Interview scheduled notice received 

·         04/02/2020 - Interview De-scheduled notice received 

·         09/16/2020 - Interview scheduled notice received 

·         08/07/2020 - N-400 Interview 

·         08/07/2020 - Citizenship APPROVED (Same Day)

-       

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 hours ago, CPanting said:

Updated timeline:

N-400/Naturalization application

·         10/28/2019 - Filed N-400 Online - Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed

·         11/02/2019 - NOA dated October 30 available online

·         11/02/2019 - my.uscis.gov: Status Changed to Biometrics Appointment Was Scheduled

·         11/06/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice dated November 1 available online

·         11/06/2019 - Biometrics Appointment scheduled for 11/21/2019 @3:00 PM

·         11/21/2019 - Biometrics Appointment complete 11/21/2019 @3:00 PM/

·         03/18/2020 - Interview scheduled notice received 

·         04/02/2020 - Interview De-scheduled notice received 

·         09/16/2020 - Interview scheduled notice received 

·         08/07/2020 - N-400 Interview 

·         08/07/2020 - Citizenship APPROVED (Same Day)

-       

Congratulations 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 hours ago, CPanting said:

I did my interview yesterday at the USCIS Office in downtown San Diego, CA. My appointment was at 10:30 AM. I originally submitted back in Oct 2019.

I showed up to the building 15 minutes before my appointment time as instructed in the interivew letter. To my surprise there were at least 20 individuals in line already, and it was not moving that fast. After 10 minutes, the line started to move and it was quick after that. I entered the building, checked-in, security clearance and went up to the 4th floor to the waiting area, by then it was 10:30 AM already. I didn't get called in for my interview until around 11:25 AM. The officer asked me to show him my appointment/interview letter along with my Green Card and CA State Drivers License. He did the english part of the exam first: Write "The capital of USA is Washington, D.C.", asked me to read of the iPad "Independence day is on July 4th" and that was that. Then we asked me about my timeline as a student since that's how I first came in to the USA (F1 Visa) and asked me how I met my wife. He asked what date I got married and asked to see my Original Marriage Certificate. Then he reviewed my employement timelines and proceeded to ask if there were any changes since my application to the N-400. I explained that I had since moved to a new address (asked me how many bedrooms, and what the rent was) and that I had a baby girl in May. He asked to see a copy of the Birth Certificate for my Daugther which I had with me in my files. After that we did the Civics questiosn, which he asked me six questions. Who is the VP of USA? What ocean is on the east coast? States that Border Mexico? Give two rights that every CItizen has? WHo is the father of USA? How many senators are there? I answered all correctly. Then proceeded to review all the "No" questions on the N-400, have you ever been convicted of such an such? are you involved with terroriste organization? Communism? Ever hurt or killed someone? That takes a couple of minutes. Finally he made me review the changes or additions that were made to my N-400 (new address and a child), I signed (digitally) on the iPad and that basically finished the interview process. There was very little small talk with the office, but he seemed pretty relaxed, not super serious or trying to be intimidating. After that the office gave me the great news that I had been APPROVED and as of that moment I was a US Citizen. He explained that sometimes they mail out the Certificate of Naturalization, but to my luck they did have the the materials needed and provided me with the document right there and then. The whole thing took about 35 minutes and he explained that it is usually not that long, because we had to wait another 10 minutes to get the certificate printed out. Officially done with N-400 and already registered to VOTE. I will do my passport application tomorrow, since I can't come back in to the USA now if I decide to travel. He did keep my 10 year Green Card with him.

Best of luck to all of you!

Congratulations 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.