Beddy2015

N400 October 2019 Filers!

1,174 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 11:21 PM, oriana77 said:

Hey guys anyone from NYC? I haven't received any type of updated since my biometrics back in early November of last year. i have seen others states are moving but I don't know what is wrong over here.

My parents filed December 2019 and they are on the same boat. I have a friend who also filed on September 2019 and is still waiting for interview. No update as of yet. NYC is way too slow and no one seems to have any update.

33 minutes ago, Waiting_4Ever said:

My parents filed December 2019 and they are on the same boat. I have a friend who also filed on September 2019 and is still waiting for interview. No update as of yet. NYC is way too slow and no one seems to have any update.

@Waiting_4Ever Can you share whether your parents and your friend are Manhattan, Queens or Brooklyn filers? Thanks so much in advance! 🙏

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

hello good night, I have my i751 pending and the N400 too, last week I had an infopass and they stamped my passport for 4 months, that day they took my photo and fingerprints, my extension expires in August, is there anyone here who has the same?

Edited by Evetorres28

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 7/27/2020 at 8:03 PM, Waiting_4Ever said:

my USCIS office is in Brooklyn (the worst in nyc) in my opinion. I filed in October 2019 and biometrics taken in Nov 4 2019. I emailed them and they told me my case is in the slot waiting to be assigned for a interview date BUT when I called USCIS they told me the offices in NYC aren't even open yet. my green card is now expired and I don't even want to bother myself renewing it because that's also another long wait and i was advised to simply wait for my naturalization to be done, i'm happy for the other applicants in other part of the country, but this situation in NY/NJ area is driving me NUTS. 

11 minutes ago, oriana77 said:

my USCIS office is in Brooklyn (the worst in nyc) in my opinion. I filed in October 2019 and biometrics taken in Nov 4 2019. I emailed them and they told me my case is in the slot waiting to be assigned for a interview date BUT when I called USCIS they told me the offices in NYC aren't even open yet. my green card is now expired and I don't even want to bother myself renewing it because that's also another long wait and i was advised to simply wait for my naturalization to be done, i'm happy for the other applicants in other part of the country, but this situation in NY/NJ area is driving me NUTS. 

If it is any comfort, there is a Brooklyn redditor (August 2019) filer who got his interview rescheduled for July 21st. So your turn will come hopefully soon! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
9 minutes ago, lesly87 said:

If it is any comfort, there is a Brooklyn redditor (August 2019) filer who got his interview rescheduled for July 21st. So your turn will come hopefully soon! 

Yes, thanks! somehow your msg give me some hope, I called USCIS July 8. taking your info i'm assuming USCIS is finally open in Brooklyn/NYC. I was hoping to become a citizen in October so i could be able to vote but at this point i just want to be done with this. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

done with the oath ceremony , in salt lake, it was held on the top floor of parking lot, 10 people were being naturalized at that time, we were seated and after check in quickly sworn and done, take around 10 min.

applied passport next day morning with appointment at USPS location.

good luck everyone

F1 student

06-2013 - Got married to USC

08-2013 - Preparing all documents

10-2013 - Preparing all documents

10-22-2013 - Sent out application package (I-130,I-485, I-765, I-131) with USPS priority express guarantee delivery on 10-24 ( Thursday) by noon

10-28-2013 - Got email/text notification for all four applications (I-130,I-485, I-765, I-131)

11-04-2013 - Received Biometric appointment notice for I-485 and I-765 on 11-18-2013

11-18-2013 - Done Biometric appointment

11-27-2013 - I-485 Status changed to Interview and Testing

12-19-2013 - I-765 online status changed to Card/Doc. Production, I-131 Approved, status change to Post Decision

12-24-2013 - I-765 online status changed to Card Mailed. without tracking number.

12-27-2013 - Received EAD/AP combo card in mail

03-26-2014 - Email/Text Notification Interview Date scheduled on April 29.

04-29-2014 - Interview at Salt Lake office, 15 min, Approved.

04-29-2014 - Status changed to Card Production/Decision

05-02-2014 - Status changed to Card Mailed and will arrive on May 5th.

05-03-2014 - Received Green Card in mail earlier than scheduled.

05-06-2014 - Received Approval Notice letters for both I-130 and I-485

03-12-2016 - Sent out I-751 remove condition

04-07-2016 - I-751 Biometric appointment

11-14-2016 - I-751 Request for Evidence

01-26-2017 - I-751 Sent out respond for RFE

02-07-2017 - USCIS Ordered the New Card

02-10-2017 - New card was mailed

02-14-2017 - New card arrived in mail

Done with my Oath Ceremony yesterday in Chicago IL office. It was pretty quick. Started at 1:30pm sharp and we were out by 1:55pm. Thank you all for sharing all your experiences. It helped me a lot. 

Now need to 1. apply for the US passport 2. update ssn status 3. register in Voting system 4. Celebrate :)

All the best guys. Please stay safe and healthy.

Edited by KP2019

On 7/27/2020 at 8:03 PM, Waiting_4Ever said:

I filled in September 2019, queens, NY, no update.

7 hours ago, KP2019 said:

Done with my Oath Ceremony yesterday in Chicago IL office. It was pretty quick. Started at 1:30pm sharp and we were out by 1:55pm. Thank you all for sharing all your experiences. It helped me a lot. 

Now need to 1. apply for the US passport 2. update ssn status 3. register in Voting system 4. Celebrate :)

All the best guys. Please stay safe and healthy.

Congrats  Lucky you!

Did you have chance to speak anybody outside the building while waiting? Anybody there for citizenship interview?

14 hours ago, Minimets said:

Congrats  Lucky you!

Did you have chance to speak anybody outside the building while waiting? Anybody there for citizenship interview?

Thanks. No I didn't speak with anyone while I was waiting outside of the building. I spent my time in Dunkindonuts which is just 0.1mil away . But there were few folks waiting for the interview as they were prepping from the book. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.