31 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
6 hours ago, Rusk Marcotte said:

Yes but we still have the date of Oct 26 th ! When we get married ! I know they are changing 

the form but we will just have to wait ! I am sure 

they will roll out there new forms ! Are just have us file under the old ones if not ready ! I don’t think the change will affect me because of income ! 

Due to current enhanced immigration inforcement, it is generally recommended that she submits her AOS paperwork as soon as possible after marriage. There are reports of mobile CBP checkpoints along the southern border states, and ICE immigration enforcement at egg farms in Minnesota. It you are married, have an expired I-94, and have not filed your AOS paperwork, you are technically out-of-status. ICE agents and CBP officers can detain you, until you are have hearing before an immigration judge. Look at the situation about detention and waiting for an immigration hearing, and associated time frames. 

When you file your AOS/EAD/AP, you should receive the Form I-797C (NOA1) AOS receipt notice. This notice confers legal status for you to stay, and finish the AOS adjudication process. It is generally recommended that when you file your AOS, you should also concurrently file for Employment Authorization Document (EAD) and Advance Parole (AP) documents. The application fees for EAD/AP apps are waived if filed with AOS. Due to the current prolonged processing times, the ability to work and for international travel can be important while waiting for AOS adjudication. For further information, read some other threads in these AOS Process and Working/Traveling Forums. I will include a list of sites, that have information about filing AOS/EAD/AP.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-485 , see special instruction tab for EAD/AP concurrent filing.

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos/

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1aos/

https://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips

https://www.visajourney.com/content/examples/

Good luck on your immigration journey.

(If you need more information, check out a couple of pages of forum postings, there is plenty of good recent info posted....usually daily.)

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What forms can I start to fill out ! For next section ! I-485 will be later after marriage but the others can I start ! I have to do one set for oksana and one set of forms for Ivan ? For work and early release and green card ? 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Rusk Marcotte said:

What forms can I start to fill out ! For next section ! I-485 will be later after marriage but the others can I start ! I have to do one set for oksana and one set of forms for Ivan ? For work and early release and green card ? 

So it sounds like you have one K1 set of applications and two K2 sets of applications. 

Here is a good source of K2 AOS info: https://www.visajourney.com/content/k2-visa-adjustment-of-status-tips/ , which when included with the other links previously provided to you should be all of the information that you should need to successfully complete your three sets in total.

Start with this guide of the K1K3 AOS Step by step Guide: https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos/  . Do the K1 set first, then following the other guides, complete the K2 sets, using the new forms.

-->Be sure to keep in mind that there are new forms being released around Oct. 15th, check out the numerous posting in the AOS forum for particulars and applicability to your situation. Here is but one such posting about the new forms: 

The old forms will not be accepted after Oct. 15th. Here is the USCIS link to get the new forms: https://www.uscis.gov/forms

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Timeline

Hi I have a 17 yr old son on a k2 visa ! Can I do a 

form 1-765 on him ? He has no A number and I will be doing a I-485 on his mother and him after the 15 th ! 

1 minute ago, Rusk Marcotte said:

form 1-765 on him ? He has no A number and I will be doing a I-485 on his mother and him after the 15 th ! 

Yes, an I-765 can be filed for a K-2 recipient.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A number not required 

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Question ? On form I-765 my son is a k2 visa 

the question is eligibility category ? Will his be a C 9 also ? 

Yes, because it is based on the i485 application 

YMMV

Timeline

Thanks ! Now we wait for the I-485 forms to change along with the I-864 ! Everything else is done ! Except getting photos and necessary 

documentation ready ! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Rusk Marcotte said:

Thanks ! Now we wait for the I-485 forms to change along with the I-864 ! Everything else is done ! Except getting photos and necessary 

documentation ready ! 

Don't know if it is of consequence to you. But K2 w/ I-765 card, can apply for SSN. May as well do concurrent I-485/I-765/I-131 for K1 and K2. No extra fee if concurrently filed, and the I-765 and I-131 forms are a piece of cake compared to the other AOS monsters. USCIS site link previously provided in above posting.

YMMV

Timeline
On 9/28/2019 at 2:22 PM, Shiran said:

Yes, get a few of them. Not sure what the price in New Orleans is, over here it was $15 per copy. They were ready to be printed about a week after marriage, but might take longer. That is the only thing you have to wait for after marriage. 
In the mean time print out I-94, will need a few of those either, and fill out I-864 + tax transcript. If you do not file it in next 2 weeks or so, the I-864 and I-485 will be no longer valid after Oct 15. 

Timeline

Question ? On health care for oksana and child ?

when am I required to get this insurance? After green card ! Second do you know of where I can get cheap health care for now ? 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/28/2019 at 9:29 AM, Rusk Marcotte said:

After marriage on a k1 visa .. when can you file for the adjustment! Do we have to wait for the state to send anything back ! Are once we have marriage license we can apply ? 

Hi getting all paperwork done ! Have questions

on sending all documents to Uscis ?

i will be doing I- 485 , I-131, ,I-765 , I-864. ! 
I need to know what documentation to send 

I-94 , 2ea passport photos for I-765

copy of passport 2 ea passport photo for I-131

evidence of federal income 3 yrs , employment letter , bank records , birth certificate for I-864 

my question do I need to fill out same for child 

17 yrs old ? Are since he is mentioned I don’t have to ! Is there anything I am missing ?

i haven’t done the I-485 yet maybe tomorrow! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.