2,997 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Cindygodisgood1 said:

Omg !!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

This is what i got today :(

20191119_155300.jpg

Don’t loose hope. It’s all going to be ok in the end. I was in the situation that after the interview I was told I will get a RFE for a missing form and my status got updated to the similar message as yours. I submitted whatever they needed 5 days after and after another week my case was approved. So the downside is the unease of unknowing where you stand. It’s normal, but try to busy yourself and pray 🙏 God will take care of you 👍😇

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, Lola_lalo said:

I'm back at it again. My EAD under my approved I-360 is Returned to USCIS because the post office didn't deliver it. The reason is my lawyer and his assistant didn't send their office address change. But on the day USCIS send the card we sent them the request. Do I have to send the attorney office address change and card re-send request again or wait? because when I contacted my congress man VAWA unit replayed  "Your constituent's form I-360 was approved. . . EAD has been sent. . . on the date the address on the form I-360 was changed to the new address. A request to re-mail the EAD to the above address will be submitted to the appropriate department should the card be returned to the VSC"

Your valuable advice please:idea:

If your attorney updated his address with USCIS then you don't have to do anything.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, maria betances said:

good morning, 

im new to this forum, i would like some help on how start the process for vawa. thank you

Maria I suggest you read the previous thread ,at least the last 5 threads and you will find tons of information about VAWA. But if you don't have a police report or a shelter letter then you have to attend therapy,5/7 sessions, and have a psychological evaluation done and if you have a diagnose of PTSD and /or depression you will be able to prove abuse,but the psychologist MUST state the abuse in detail.

16 minutes ago, maria betances said:

good morning, 

im new to this forum, i would like some help on how start the process for vawa. thank you

You're welcome here dear.😊 I will advice you to read previous post. By the time you're done...you'll be ready to show others how to handle the petition! Start from there..do research too online USCIS site..you can never go wrong! It's not like anyone can't break it down for you..but you'll be empowering yourself and arming yourself also with a truckload of information!👍

Timeline
22 hours ago, Pinkslays said:

I read the pdf of denials - almost everywhere they denied because of insufficient proof or cohabitating or shared residence . Don’t you think that’s catch 22 ? our abusers weren’t saints ... they refused to add our names to any bills or give us any evidence of joint residence thats the way they abused us .

how do you prove any of that if your abuser refuses to cooperate - that was exactly how they abused us - they refused to help 

I was shocked to see that cases got denied even when there was ample abuse evidence But was denied based on inability to show good faith marriage and shared residence ! 

those denials are scary 

@sandranj

can those denials be contested ? Did they ever get approved ? 

It's mandatory to prove commune residence and bonafide marriage. The person must write an affidavit with a lot of detail about the Courtship and  life after got married.The person should get affidavits from friends and family stating what they know about the time you were dating and after you got married, friends should mention in the affidavits if they met the abuser, when and where they visited your home ,if they attended the wedding if not why not.How many times the person saw your abuser in your home with you. If possible get a letter from the Landlord mentioning if he/she has knowledge that you lived there with your husband, how many times he saw you there with your husband and when. Talk to your neighbor see if he/she can give an affidavit as well. 

57 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Maria I suggest you read the previous thread ,at least the last 5 threads and you will find tons of information about VAWA. But if you don't have a police report or a shelter letter then you have to attend therapy,5/7 sessions, and have a psychological evaluation done and if you have a diagnose of PTSD and /or depression you will be able to prove abuse,but the psychologist MUST state the abuse in detail.

thank you, sandra for your reply, i dont have police report but i do have letter from my counselor that i has been seeing for the last couples of month.

52 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You're welcome here dear.😊 I will advice you to read previous post. By the time you're done...you'll be ready to show others how to handle the petition! Start from there..do research too online USCIS site..you can never go wrong! It's not like anyone can't break it down for you..but you'll be empowering yourself and arming yourself also with a truckload of information!👍

thank you!

1 minute ago, maria betances said:

thank you, sandra for your reply, i dont have police report but i do have letter from my counselor that i has been seeing for the last couples of month.

thank you!

You're welcome..continue attending counseling! I didn't have police report too..only a letter from counseling..gather all documents you can find..it will help your case. Please don't feel like these threads are too long to go through..there are wealths of infos embedded in each thread!👍

30 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You're welcome..continue attending counseling! I didn't have police report too..only a letter from counseling..gather all documents you can find..it will help your case. Please don't feel like these threads are too long to go through..there are wealths of infos embedded in each thread!👍

thank you so much

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
10 hours ago, flyup123 said:

Don’t loose hope. It’s all going to be ok in the end. I was in the situation that after the interview I was told I will get a RFE for a missing form and my status got updated to the similar message as yours. I submitted whatever they needed 5 days after and after another week my case was approved. So the downside is the unease of unknowing where you stand. It’s normal, but try to busy yourself and pray 🙏 God will take care of you 👍😇

Thank you so much for your words they reallly give me hope i will.let you guys kno what happens:( 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, maria betances said:

good morning, 

First you need.to get all the documents you need to prove your case together at least that is how i started and after i got everything together i went through the paperwork again and then i filed you will need prove of living together.. marriage certificate.. pictures together.. police reports .. protection orders .. letters from friends reporting abuse or saying they saw you living together.. police clearence from all places youhave lived last 3 yrs .. and all the required documents 

Those attorneys :ranting::ranting:.. When they sent new g28 for my cases, they missed a digit and now my c31 card is nowhere. I visited USPS to claim it and they didn't able to find as wrong PO Box number was there. I feel they will send it back to USCIS like @Lola_lalo. They are working on new G28 so that we can send it not more than tomorrow hopefully. Do you think if I involve congressman and send G28 through them, it will help me to get my card again very soon? 

Edited by Shroy123

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.