2,997 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, sandranj said:
36 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Your attorney must answer the RFEย even if it's a mistake made by the USCIS. ย Yes the Court will stop yourย ย removal until final adjudication of your I-360, of course the attorney must ask the Court to stop ย your removal.

Thank you @sandranj

39 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) you are ย eligible to apply after three years thatย you received your green card,but legally speaking you can apply after 2.9 months.

This only applies for Applicant who Abuser was a US citizens.ย  Am correct???ย  For those applicant who abuser was an LPRย  they still have to wait for 5 years right.?

2 hours ago, Iceman1 said:

The issue is, Im in removal proceedings, and theย court will not cancel the removal proceedings till I can prove that my case was approved. I don't care if they approve my case online as long as I can get the notice of approval letter from them. That way I can submit it to the court and have my Removal proceedingsย terminated in court. I can't even file for I-485 with USCIS till the case is dropped from court.ย 

My attorney said to wait at least 30 days before we can submitt an inquiry with USCIS. (30 days from the day my filing date became current)ย 

Why you want to wait for 30 more days? Just involve your congressman and inquireย 

2 hours ago, Iceman1 said:

What's the process of getting the congressman involved? Do I just call the local congressman and submit an inquiry?ย 

google your local congress person by entering your zip code. I would prefer go there and ask them to ask.ย 

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

ย 

Hi guysย 

Four weeks ago my Attorney sent myย ย Prima Facieย for extensionย ย and I still havenโ€™t received any Extension,ย  Receipt Or Letter.ย ย This is the first time I am askingย  for extension. Myย one yearย prima facie will be expired on Monday 10/21/2019. The one that will expire on Monday says ย  " You willย  automatically receive an extension within 60 days of the ending date. Any advice Pleaseย 

3 minutes ago, i-need-help-pls said:

ย 

Hi guysย 

Four weeks ago my Attorney sent myย ย Prima Facieย for extensionย ย and I still havenโ€™t received any Extension,ย  Receipt Or Letter.ย ย This is the first time I am askingย  for extension. Myย one yearย prima facie will be expired on Monday 10/21/2019. The one that will expire on Monday says ย  " You willย  automatically receive an extension within 60 days of the ending date. Any advice Pleaseย 

...within 60days of the expiration date! It's not late yet! Also good thing the renewal request has been sent! You'll just have to wait for the response!

On 9/29/2019 at 4:05 PM, flyup123 said:

Yes, with the God's will- getting there.ย 

So here is the timeline for Chicago office:

April 25, 2017- Filed VAWA application. Had 3 Prima facies extensions.ย 

August 6, 2018- RFE for GMC & abuse evidence.

October, 2018- Received my RFE response

January 7, 2019- VAWA approved

January 11, 2019- Received EAD (C31).

February 1, 2019- Filed I485, I131. Included my medicals along with the application

March 11, 2019- case was transferred to another office.

September 25, 2019- Interview notice

The online status didn't change since March 11th.ย 

ย 

So average i would say 8 months from the transfer date.

Will keep you posted how the interview goes.ย 

ย 

ย 

Today I had my AOS interview and would like to share my experience with everyone here.ย I was nervous and calm in the same time cause I knew God will be with me and guide me through. My attorney could not accompany me as she had something else scheduled. A very polite lady called my name 15ย min after the appointment time, leaded me to her office and sweared me in. Took a picture and my indexes fingerprints.ย 

Asked me about:

*my Id/passport

*general questions out of I485

* why did I overstayed

* about my past/current work

* DOB(s), important dates of when I got married, divorced and so on.

* didnโ€™t mention anything about my VAWA or marriage whatsoever.

asked about my form 864W, which I didnโ€™t have and didnโ€™t know that I should and she said I will get a RFE about it. Therefore a decision about my case hasย not yet been made.

The whole interview took 25 min exactly but for me it felt like an entire hour.ย 

Right now I am still trying to come to myself down, and I think all went well, otherwise they wouldnโ€™t ask for the form. ๐Ÿ˜‹โ˜บ๏ธ Happy I am over with it, even though still have to wait.ย 

Anyone knows, can I submit this form in person to drop it off to the office, or should I wait for the RFE and have my attorney submit it?

Thanks everyone for all the help and guidance. ๐Ÿค—

ย 

ย 

ย 

3 minutes ago, flyup123 said:

Today I had my AOS interview and would like to share my experience with everyone here.ย I was nervous and calm in the same time cause I knew God will be with me and guide me through. My attorney could not accompany me as she had something else scheduled. A very polite lady called my name 15ย min after the appointment time, leaded me to her office and sweared me in. Took a picture and my indexes fingerprints.ย 

Asked me about:

*my Id/passport

* why did I overstayed

asked about my form 864W, which I didnโ€™t have and didnโ€™t know that I should and she said I will get a RFE about it. Therefore a decision about my case hasย not yet been made.

The whole interview took 25 min exactly but for me it felt like an entire hour.ย 

Right now I am still trying to come to myself down, and I think all went well, otherwise they wouldnโ€™t ask for the form. ๐Ÿ˜‹โ˜บ๏ธ Happy I am over with it, even though still have to wait.ย 

Anyone knows, can I submit this form in person to drop it off to the office, or should I wait for the RFE and have my attorney submit it?

ย 

ย 

ย 

Congrats in advance!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘ I'm not sure if you should send it in before the RFE..but it may be faster if you send it in before the request..๐Ÿ’ you should have asked her if it will be okay to send it in right away..anyways goodluck hun!๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜Š

16 minutes ago, flyup123 said:

Asked me about:

*my Id/passport

* why did I overstayed

ย 

ย 

ย 

Was going to ask if you ever filed i864w when you sent i485 petition..but obviously from your post above, you didn't..right? Wondering if the rest of us that had a previous i485 with i864 included need this here i864w due to VAWA?๐Ÿ’ for those wondering what this is ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡

ย 

I-864W, Request for Exemption for Intending Immigrant's Affidavit of Support

ย 

Use this form to establish that applicant is exempt from the Form I-864 requirements.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

Was going to ask if you ever filed i864w when you sent i485 petition..but obviously from your post above, you didn't..right? Wondering if the rest of us that had a previous i485 with i864 included need this here i864w due to VAWA?๐Ÿ’ for those wondering what this is ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡

ย 

ย 

Use this form to establish that applicant is exempt from the Form I-864 requirements.

I did provide the form I-864W along withย a letter requesting the Officer to change the basis of my I-485 to be based on my VAWA I-360 when I went to my marriage based interview.

15 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

ย 

ย 

Yes, she did say that due to VAWA filing i need the form I864W. It's ok, i will submit that as soon as i get the RFE.ย 

17 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

ย 

ย 

And yes, i never submitted this form before. So have it ready everyone :)

38 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

Alright dear! Thanks!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’–

Just reading this thread... I have an I-485 pending from my marriage before I-360... never heard about I-834w, so I should file it? Not sure whatโ€™s the purpose of it, sorry I am lost...

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.