7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJers, 

I need your help!!!

My husband is a December 2018 US Citizenship filer. He was finally scheduled for an interview on October 8. However, we received the letter September 10, a day after he shipped out for military training. Yes, he was enlisted for almost 2 years in the military as a green card holder and he finally been shipped out. 

We decided to push through with his citizenship application because we were not sure about his military journey since his ship date kept on getting pushed back. 

I have been trying to call USCIS and I have been searching for the local office's phone number but my calls are always been answered by the operator and there is no option to speak to a customer representative. I cannot find the local office's number as well. 

I have sent a secure email 3 days ago and I am not sure how soon they will answer.

I plan to send back their interview letter (as instructed on the letter) but I don't know how to explain to them nicely about the situation (and maybe request for some sort of consideration). 

As a civilian, if he passed his interview, he will most likely get his citizenship after a month. 

But since he is now in the military it will take up to 180 days for him to become a citizen. 

Please don't get me wrong. We are so grateful that these wonderful things are happening to us. We are not in a hurry and in God's perfect timing, then so be it. 

877-247-4645 Military hotline...

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/22/2019 at 8:13 PM, jarj said:

Hello VJers, 

I need your help!!!

My husband is a December 2018 US Citizenship filer. He was finally scheduled for an interview on October 8. However, we received the letter September 10, a day after he shipped out for military training. Yes, he was enlisted for almost 2 years in the military as a green card holder and he finally been shipped out. 

We decided to push through with his citizenship application because we were not sure about his military journey since his ship date kept on getting pushed back. 

I have been trying to call USCIS and I have been searching for the local office's phone number but my calls are always been answered by the operator and there is no option to speak to a customer representative. I cannot find the local office's number as well. 

I have sent a secure email 3 days ago and I am not sure how soon they will answer.

I plan to send back their interview letter (as instructed on the letter) but I don't know how to explain to them nicely about the situation (and maybe request for some sort of consideration). 

As a civilian, if he passed his interview, he will most likely get his citizenship after a month. 

But since he is now in the military it will take up to 180 days for him to become a citizen. 

Please don't get me wrong. We are so grateful that these wonderful things are happening to us. We are not in a hurry and in God's perfect timing, then so be it. 

Did they tell him why his ship out date is always pushed back looks like a background check issue to me, has he being spoken to by the private background investigator?

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, kemm360 said:

Did they tell him why his ship out date is always pushed back looks like a background check issue to me, has he being spoken to by the private background investigator?

Yes it was due to background check. And yes he had finished his background interviews as well. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, jarj said:

Yes it was due to background check. And yes he had finished his background interviews as well. 

Yes that is true he must have enlisted last year or 2017 because at that time they had this new law making green-card holders wait for about a year and put them in DEP program but that new law has now been squashed as the Pentagon stepped in, green-card holders will now ship out within the normal timeframe now.

Did he just finish his background interview recently or its being a long while he had it and they still had him wait?

Citizenship
Event Date
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  

Timeline
9 minutes ago, kemm360 said:

Yes that is true he must have enlisted last year or 2017 because at that time they had this new law making green-card holders wait for about a year and put them in DEP program but that new law has now been squashed as the Pentagon stepped in, green-card holders will now ship out within the normal timeframe now.

Did he just finish his background interview recently or its being a long while he had it and they still had him wait?

All correct and yes he finished his background interview. The interview was done like around May if i'm not mistaken. But their were no jobs available. 

He is  now in the boot camp. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, jarj said:

All correct and yes he finished his background interview. The interview was done like around May if i'm not mistaken. But their were no jobs available. 

He is  now in the boot camp. 

Okay gotcha, Goodluck to him :) 

Citizenship
Event Date
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.