1,286 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All,

I am wondering if we can request for passport pickup from nearest postal service or courier service while registering for courier service rather than home delivery?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, JasmineSmith said:

Hi All,

I am wondering if we can request for passport pickup from nearest postal service or courier service while registering for courier service rather than home delivery?

yes we have Premium service option for that , don't give home address but nearest location - it costs $13

This is the link to Register for Courier Service:

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/iv/information/iv_services

Timeline

Hi @Blueeyes1989 no I haven't received IL yet. I was under F2A category till last week. This week it got upgraded to CR1 after my husband's naturalization.

My DQ is Sep 2021. Hoping for get updates on IL soon. 

I have to move to new place in end of Aug so was looking for option for passport pick after interview.

Hi All,

I'm preparing for interview at Montreal, and I see on Pre-Interview Checklist to bring 'Original or certified copies of birth certificates for all children of the principal applicant (even if he or she is not accompanying).', my question is that my child is an adult now is not applying for f2a visa with me, do I still need to bring her birth certificate with me for interview? Please let me know if anyone knows about it, thanks!

Edited by yhgf

Timeline
On 7/20/2022 at 5:30 PM, JasmineSmith said:

Hi @Blueeyes1989 no I haven't received IL yet. I was under F2A category till last week. This week it got upgraded to CR1 after my husband's naturalization.

My DQ is Sep 2021. Hoping for get updates on IL soon. 

I have to move to new place in end of Aug so was looking for option for passport pick after interview.

Today morning received interview date for 7th Sept.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, JasmineSmith said:

Today morning received interview date for 7th Sept.

Congrats,

How long did it took for F2A to CR1 upgrade. 

Edited by georgy2030

Timeline
3 minutes ago, georgy2030 said:

Congrats,

How long did it took for F2A to CR1 upgrade. 

2 months. It is exactly aligned to NVC processing query timeline.

Timeline
21 hours ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

@lilyhc How was your interview today?

@yhgf @AWC @njshah Best of luck for your upcoming interview!

@F3 Guitarist @BranMBboy @Dax @NeilPlease let us know when you get your IL. You are next in line in our tracking sheet

Hi @Blueeyes1989! My interview went smoothly! I was super nervous because last minute I was told to bring my 1 year old and I was very worried she would be an absolute terror in the waiting room, but thankfully she didn't freak out and actually seemed to enjoy being in a new environment... I don't see this mentioned often, but I was able to bring in my stroller, diaper items and sealed snacks for baby (I just had to get them screened at security). 

I waited around 90 minutes until I was called to a window to present my documents such as birth certificate, photo, etc (basically all your civil documents). Then I waited another 20 or so minutes to be called up for my actual interview. Interviewer was a very nice gentleman that asked the usual questions like:

1) "How did you meet your spouse?"
2) "When did you guys get married?"
3) "Is this the first marriage for you both?"

I don't super remember all the questions but it's nothing surprising! The waiting is the longest part. Interview takes about 5-10 minutes. I thought everyone was very efficient and well-versed with their jobs at the consulate. 

6 minutes ago, lilyhc said:

Hi @Blueeyes1989! My interview went smoothly! I was super nervous because last minute I was told to bring my 1 year old and I was very worried she would be an absolute terror in the waiting room, but thankfully she didn't freak out and actually seemed to enjoy being in a new environment... I don't see this mentioned often, but I was able to bring in my stroller, diaper items and sealed snacks for baby (I just had to get them screened at security). 

I waited around 90 minutes until I was called to a window to present my documents such as birth certificate, photo, etc (basically all your civil documents). Then I waited another 20 or so minutes to be called up for my actual interview. Interviewer was a very nice gentleman that asked the usual questions like:

1) "How did you meet your spouse?"
2) "When did you guys get married?"
3) "Is this the first marriage for you both?"

I don't super remember all the questions but it's nothing surprising! The waiting is the longest part. Interview takes about 5-10 minutes. I thought everyone was very efficient and well-versed with their jobs at the consulate. 

Hi thanks for sharing your experience I have 2 yr old baby will they allow any other person to handle the baby or no?? Plz reply

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ravinder kaur said:

Hi thanks for sharing your experience I have 2 yr old baby will they allow any other person to handle the baby or no?? Plz reply

@Ravinder kaur You only need to bring your baby if his or her name is in the interview letter. If you do have to bring your baby, only you can handle the baby and no other person can join you.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Ravinder kaur said:

Yes she is in IL thanks for ur reply but is it hard or no

Is it hard to bring a baby? Haha I think that depends on how your baby is normally! I thought it was a challenge because you're handling all your documents while also handling the baby by yourself, but everyone at the consulate is understanding so you can take your time.

32 minutes ago, lilyhc said:

Is it hard to bring a baby? Haha I think that depends on how your baby is normally! I thought it was a challenge because you're handling all your documents while also handling the baby by yourself, but everyone at the consulate is understanding so you can take your time.

Yes handling docs Nd baby will be hard otherwise it’s fine

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.