1,349 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Our Lawyer said My understanding is that the executive order suspending issuance of visas from April 22 was extended until December 31,2020. The order will be reviewed in 30 days and then possibly every 60 days to determine if the sanctions can be lifted. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi guys, Did anyone fly to States recently? If yes please do you mind sharing  your experience. I am planning to visit my husband end of this month and worrying about the customs at YYZ airport. Thanks 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Vijayg said:

Hi guys, Did anyone fly to States recently? If yes please do you mind sharing  your experience. I am planning to visit my husband end of this month and worrying about the customs at YYZ airport. Thanks 

Why?  Spouses of USC are exempt from any travel ban.  In addition,  Canada is not a banned country 

YMMV

• 1 month later...
Timeline

An update from the Consul general. If you had a scheduled interview that was cancelled, please let us know if they contacted you to reschedule it.

https://twitter.com/usconsmontreal/status/1293940390853304322?s=20

Edited by Casey_

Timeline

🤞 anyone interview got cancel and waiting for re schedule in this group? if so did they get an email? I heard citizen's spouse getting email for an interview in September. Let's hope for the best.

• 6 months later...

Alhamdulillah, F2A , DQ on 8/5/2020 , when my kids will be scheduled ? Our Embassy is Islamabad, they issued regular IL up to16 June 2020 , do F2A will be followed by same Que or will be put in different line. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Has anyone heard from the Montreal Consulate since President Biden revoked the proclamation?

I have a feeling they weren't ready and it could be weeks before they start processing F2A interviews.

2 minutes ago, Casey_ said:

Has anyone heard from the Montreal Consulate since President Biden revoked the proclamation?

I have a feeling they weren't ready and it could be weeks before they start processing F2A interviews.

I know some other embassies just started rescheduling cancelled appointments. I guess Montreal will start soon. when is your DQ?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Aram said:

I know some other embassies just started rescheduling cancelled appointments. I guess Montreal will start soon. when is your DQ?

I got my DQ notice January 2020, I estimate at least another 6 months for them to get to me. How about you? 

Edited by Casey_

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.