Smokey Bear

K1-VISA Income/Household & Joint Sponsor Question

59 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Johnny Yukon said:

So - my Fiancee fills out i-134 and I take it to interview?

Seems odd, how do I get the form to take?

Please read the instructions on the USCIS website for the K1 visa.The US citizen fills out the I 134 form and sends it to the beneficiary along with the supporting documents . For a cosponsor another form filled out and their documents . You take the whole package to your interview at the Embassy. 

Just now, Johnny Yukon said:

Gotcha. No driving. :)

Or working.

Etc.

Or travelling back into the US if you happen to need to leave before you have advanced parole.

17 minutes ago, Johnny Yukon said:

So - my Fiancee fills out i-134 and I take it to interview?

Seems odd, how do I get the form to take?

Seems odd?  But she is sponsoring you.

1 minute ago, alun said:

I think they are agreements with some countries ( UK, Canada, Germany ) and you can drive on your licence

Again, it varies by state.  My state for example only recognizes a few:  S. Korea and British Columbia, Canada.

Just now, Johnny Yukon said:

I mean - she will have to POST it to me - in the days of electronic forms.

Or she could just scan and email it to you.

1 hour ago, Johnny Yukon said:

Hi there, I am Max, in the UK :)

I am getting on top of FORM i-134 and have a few queries.... :)

QUESTION:

1. The household will be my FIANCEE'S parents - who live there with her. So the FULL TIME occupation is THREE (3) - HOWEVER , she has 3 children (9-11-14) who are there 3 days a week. What is the correct way of stating the household occupancy? - I believe she is NOT the MAIN CAREGIVER.

If the children don’t live with her, ie, they just visit 3 days per week, my assumption would be that the occupants are three (her and her parents)...I’m working on assumptions here though.

2. If a JOINT SPONSOR is required - where on the form i-134 do you add this information - so it is taken into account? Just use the SPARE PAGES at the back?

I believe a joint sponsor would need to complete an entirely separate I-134 of their own.

3. FINALLY - Question 38 (I DO/DO NOT Intend to make specific contributions etc...) - I am not sure what to put here - as I will be working (intend to in IT) and want to take nothing from her. I expect to find work fairly swiftly.

I and others explained the ‘not working quickly’ element below, so I won’t repeat that. Whoever fills in the form will need to tick ‘does not intend’ and write next to it something like ‘N/A - K1 visa’ - the key part of that sentence is ‘specific contribution’ - as a K1, your sponsor won’t be making ‘specific’ or limited contributions- they’ll be supporting you until you don’t need supporting - could be months, could be years.

Your replies will be welcomed.

Many Thanks

Max

Anyway, when you are ready to the form in (and I’d suggest it’s way too soon to do it now), there’s my answers ^. Can only speak from personal experience re question 3.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

Anyway, when you are ready to the form in (and I’d suggest it’s way too soon to do it now), there’s my answers ^. Can only speak from personal experience re question 3.

Many thanks. YES it's really early,  - but I am process driven, I just MUST understand all the things as best I can. I hope I am not bothering you too much.

19 minutes ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

If the children don’t live with her, ie, they just visit 3 days per week, my assumption would be that the occupants are three (her and her parents)...I’m working on assumptions here though

I believe they should be included in the household.  @geowrian,@SusieQQQ or @pushbrk may be able to confirm.

Edited by Jorgedig

14 minutes ago, Johnny Yukon said:

Many thanks. YES it's really early,  - but I am process driven, I just MUST understand all the things as best I can. I hope I am not bothering you too much.

No bother - just don’t want you to spend a long time filling the form in, to then need to do another later on, because something has changed 🙂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.