Michael_88

ROC!!! received RFE!!! need help!!!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello Visa Journey!

I'm really at a point right now where I'm just overwhelmed with  this  whole process. I don't feel to fabricate or manufacture evidence after the fact we've received and RFE, as to me it just looks like its being done out of convenience at this point. What we sent off to USCIS originally  included: photo's, statements of our shared bank account, medical power of attorney, affidavits from friends, Lease agreement  letter and a 2016 tax statement. Looking back I should've sent every page of evidence from what I have listed but I only sent a few pages from each document (not smart!!). Since the original ROC application was sent out the only real update in terms of valid evidence I feel would  be I recently got health coverage from my job in which my wife's name is included on, rent  receipts from our family friend who we live with and more affidavits from friends and family. I'm really not trying to pull out the " feel sympathy for us"card but we haven't had the easiest time since being married.  As I stated before we live with a family friend who we pay to stay with so we don't have any utilities or actual hard copy bills per say.

For a long period of time my wife wasn't working so it was me picking up multiple part jobs to support us. We do have a joint account that has been active since 2016 but no credit cards because her credit is shot! I've tried plenty of times to apply for credit whether it be secure or not and have had no success getting approved,which is odd because my social security would be considered spanking new. I've recently been approved for an amazon " Credit builder" card maybe I can state this in my packet to show as some proof me trying to get things in order?!? In the RFE Letter USCIS states the evidence is insufficient because the information doesn't cover the period of date from  marriage until now which I understand because I  didn't make full copies  of the transcripts I submitted. What has me confused is the letter also states don't send previous copies of what was previously submitted My question now is do I not resubmit  the full transcripts along with the updated evidence I now have? Should we maybe write a letter explaining why we don't have certain evidences requested on the list? I'm now wondering if this is even worth fighting for and considering returning  home to Canada with my wife I understand its all protocol on their end but every case is unique in a sense. ever Answers would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

First of all, take a deep breath and don't be rash about leaving the country.  If you abandon status now you might regret it later.  People receive RFEs all the time and are approved with no other problems.  You can only submit what you have, so don't worry about not having credit cards and utility bills. 

If you sent incomplete documents, send the complete versions of what you already sent (ALL pages, even blank pages, if they see anything missing it looks suspicious), you won't get in trouble for submitting more complete versions of what you've already submitted.  

If you don't have utility bills do you have any mail addressed to both of you received at the address?  Failing that, some mail addressed to you and some addressed to your spouse both showing the same address.  Health insurance statements, other kind of bills, student loan documents, anything like that. 

You can request tax transcripts for free from the IRS to prove you've filed jointly since you married, get those for every year you've filed jointly.  

Include the recent change in health care coverage because it helps your case.  

It sounds like part of the problem is you didn't have enough evidence starting from the date of the marriage, so include bank statements starting from as soon after the marriage as possible.  "Outdated" documents from earlier in the marriage are also good to send: old lease agreements, old car insurance documents, anything that has an earlier date on it even if it's no longer up to date/valid. 

You can also highlight things on bank statements even if you don't have other hard copy proof of them, such as paychecks being deposited, grocery shopping, charges for internet service at your address, etc. 

Other forms of evidence you might not have considered:  birth certificates of any children, pet adoption papers or vet records in both names, any memberships or loyalty cards in both names (gym, Costco?) rental insurance in both names, car insurance documents in both names retirement account documents proving beneficiary status, life insurance documents proving beneficiary status, phone bills in both names.  

Edited by Hawksquill

August 20, 2016 ----> May 5, 2021

1,720 days ----> 4 years, 8 months, and 16 days

DONE with our visa journey and USCIS!

K1:

Spoiler

8/20/2016: I-129F packet mailed
10/20/2016: NOA2

1/20/2017: Interview (approved!)

2/20/2017: POE Philadelphia

3/18/2017: Wedding!

Adjustment of Status:

Spoiler

5/11/2017:  I-485, I-131, and I-765 packets mailed to Chicago lockbox

5/18/2017: NOA

5/30/2017:  Biometrics completed (walk-in, East Hartford, CT ASC)

8/2017-9/2017: Three service requests and case request to Congresswoman submitted for I-765

10/7/2017:  EAD/AP combo card received 

12/14/2017: Interview!

12/30/2017: GC received

Removal of Conditions: 

Spoiler

9/16/2019: Packet mailed to Dallas lockbox

9/23/2019: NOA date

10/24/2019: Biometrics completed (East Hartford, CT ASC) 

8/18/2020: Case approved

9/8/2020: GC in hand!

Citizenship:

Spoiler

9/17/2020: N-400 filed online

9/25/2020: Hard copy NOA received

11/12/2020: Biometrics reuse notice on USCIS account

3/19/2021: Email notification that USCIS has taken action on our case

3/31/2021: Interview notice

5/5/2021: Interview in Lawrence, MA (our field office is Hartford, CT)

5/5/2021: Approval and same day oath ceremony due to COVID-19!

OP i am sorry you are having such a hard time. Hope you can take  a breather over the weekend.

I agree with the posts above especially @Hawksquill wrote excellent suggestions.

You can make a list of those and cross one by one as you collect evidence. Just to feel less overwhelmed. 

Besides all the documentation mentioned earlier, you can also send transcripts of whatsapp messages or phone bill records. These don't replace bills and such,but is better than nothing.

If you are in a state where by default your spouse is the beneficiary in absence of will, you can mention that if you don't have will.

You can also write a letter explaining your financial situation and how it is getting better now, so you can get credit card etc.( I also had to get secured credit card at first, I think this is relatively common). 

good luck.. 

01/09/2019  Mailed ROC package via FEDEX to Lewisville,Texas

01/11/2019  Package delivered to USCIS office

01/16/2019  Received text message with service center as SRC

01/17/2019  Status on https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ as accepted. Check submitted electronically to my bank. Not cashed yet.

01/18/2019  Check cashed electronically. 

02/07/2019  Called USCIS regarding non delivery of receipt . They asked me to call back after 30 days have expired since delivery

02/11/2019  Called USCIS again regarding non delivery of receipt. Mentioned that license will expire along with greencard on 02/28.

The lady filed a request on my behalf so i could schedule infopass.

I separately also filed e-request(https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=ndn

by choosing I-751 and other option , before calling USCIS just in case.

02/13/2019 Got callback from USCIS that infopass cannot be scheduled,but they will mail

a duplicate notice.

11/08/2019 Biometrics got completed

03/24/2020 Case status got changed to card being produced

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Inappropriate post removed. Stick to answering the question and nothing more.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.