22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Soon2019 said:

Hey! We applied for GC in 18th July after we get married in Michigan till now we didn’t receive any letter from USCIS saying they received it and our lawyer don’t wanna answer the phone to see if he really sent it to lockbox. I’m wondering if that’s normal taking all this time waiting for it. 

I can't speak for you, but in our case, we filed for AOS (i-485) on the 15th of March, 2018, and got our NOA 30th of March,  2018.  So yeah, 2 weeks, and I would think maybe 3 weeks tops.  The Biometrics was 4-25-2018, so you are at about 2 months from filing.  Did you file on line with some lawyer or dealt in person?  I would be calling USCIS  (others here will guide you to do that with more info than I can give.  )  I will private message you.

Call USCIS within 30 days of filing and ask what's going on. You should have received it within 30 days.

5 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Call USCIS within 30 days of filing and ask what's going on. You should have received it within 30 days.

We called them many times and they don’t have any new alien number for me and they don’t have anything yet. We just made an inquiry with them on the phone today we should wait another 30 days its just wast of the time. The crazy thing we didn’t know what the lawyer did and it’s been two months he didn’t want to answer the emails or the phone.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, Soon2019 said:

Hey! We applied for GC in 18th July after we get married in Michigan till now we didn’t receive any letter from USCIS saying they received it and our lawyer don’t wanna answer the phone to see if he really sent it to lockbox. I’m wondering if that’s normal taking all this time waiting for it. 

Do you have a tracking number for your submission?

YMMV

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Do you have a tracking number for your submission?

☝️☝️this.

Its a possibility your lawyer was lax in filing for you if they filed for you at all. Can you go to their office and demand an answer with proof they sent your application?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

☝️☝️this.

Its a possibility your lawyer was lax in filing for you if they filed for you at all. Can you go to their office and demand an answer with proof they sent your application?

In addition,  once you know the tracking number you can see if it was delivered,  if it was then contact lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov and have them trace it

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, Soon2019 said:

We were waiting for the lawyer to give us the trucking number and unfortunately he didn’t and he don’t want to answer the emails when we asked them. 

I think you have identified your problem 

YMMV

23 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

☝️☝️this.

Yeah when we went to his office to file it we did it ourselves on his laptop and he didn’t do anything all he said to ask if we need to know about any questions. Then we gave him all the documents and paperwork the check for the USCIS then now when it takes forever to know he doesn’t want to answer us.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Soon2019 said:

Can we email them even if we don’t have the tracking number?

Can you?  Of course you can.  The question is  will it be successful considering that you can't give them much to go on.  No tracking number,  no delivery method,  no delivery date, nothing.   Remember,  this is a facility that receives thousands of applications.   

YMMV

6 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Can you?  Of course you can.  The question is  will it be successful considering that you can't give them much to go on.  No tracking number,  no delivery method,  no delivery date, nothing.   Remember,  this is a facility that receives thousands of applications.   

I will let my husband know about that too I’m not sure what I will write in the email for information we don’t have any tracking number or what’s the date the lawyer sent it. We will go see another lawyer this week to do it again then we know this time is there and my husband said he’ll take the lawyer to the court because he got thousands of money and he didn’t even want to track it or stay on the top of it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

If the check has been cashed, then your application was accepted. 

K1 Timeline

5/17/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS Lewisville, Texas via FedEx Ground Shipping
01/03/2018: NVC Received I-129F and Case Number Received
01/23/2018: Embassy Received
02/09/2018: Medical
03/19/2018: Interview 
03/19/2018: APPROVED!
03/21/2018: Visa in Hand

08/04/2018:  MARRIED!

AOS Timeline (I-485)

08/29/2018: AOS/EAD/AP sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

09/12/2018: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail

09/24/2018: Biometrics Appointment

12/27/2018: AOS Interview Scheduled by USCIS

02/13/2019: Interview

02/14/2019: AOS APPROVED!!!

02/20/2019: GREEN CARD ISSUED!!!

02/21/2019: GREEN CARD IN HAND!!!

Removal of Conditions Timeline (I-751)

11/13/2020: 90-day application window opened

12/12/2020: I-751 sent to USCIS Phoenix via UPS

12/17/2020: Received by USCIS

01/28/2021: Received NOA1 hard copy via mail

02/04/2021: Biometrics Waived 

11/08/2021: Received NOA hard copy for 24-month extension via mail

01/11/2022: Removal of Conditions Approved

01/15/2022: Hard copy of NOA received

01/18/2022: Permanent Resident Card in Hand!

Citizenship Timeline (N-400)

08/04/2021: 3-year marriage-based window opened

09/12/2022: N-400 filed online, Received by USCIS, NOA1 Digital copy received

09/14/2022: Biometrics Waived 

12/21/2022: Citizenship Interview Scheduled by USCIS (Vermont Field Office)

02/07/2023: Interview 

06/23/2023: Citizenship Oath!!!

VJ Was With Us From Beginning to END...THANK YOU VJ!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.