VikaShew2017

Medical records for green card interview

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi! 

I have question  for  spouses  who  had green card interview.   I got my interview  notice  with list what I need to bring  to  interview.  I am a little  confused  about  medical  records.  Do I need to  do medical  exam here in the USA or I can use records  which I got in Kiev before  visa interview?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/7/2019 at 11:05 PM, VikaShew2017 said:

Hi! 

I have question  for  spouses  who  had green card interview.   I got my interview  notice  with list what I need to bring  to  interview.  I am a little  confused  about  medical  records.  Do I need to  do medical  exam here in the USA or I can use records  which I got in Kiev before  visa interview?

Not for a k1 adjustment if your vaccinations were complete prior to entry 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Shiran said:

we just had AoS interview, and were not asked for medical. Is your DS-3025 marked as complete? 

Yes, it's  complete. So I can use it? 

How was the interview?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 minutes ago, VikaShew2017 said:

Yes, it's  complete. So I can use it? 

How was the interview?

Yes, I would expect they would not ask about your medical at all. Things that are listed on interview notice that were never asked for: Petitioner's birth cert (they did ask for passport, and for beneficiary's birth cert/translation), I-864, medical things/I-693, I-94. 

Interview was fine, a bit long/through but never felt as it was hostile. At the end young lady conducting interview walked out to check with her supervisor, and then returned to confirm that we were approved. As of today she is considered (conditional) permanent resident. We will have to go through RoC process in 21 months. 

hJETl5q.png

Edited by Shiran

Timeline
On 9/8/2019 at 12:05 AM, VikaShew2017 said:

Hi! 

Didn't you file your medical record as evidence with I-485? My/my son's vaccinations records were not complete so we had a whole lot of them here upon arrival (some of them repeated for whatever reasons), then visited a civil surgeon who gave us new sealed envelopes pretty much like those from Medicom which we mailed to the USCIS along with all the stuff. It takes abt 12 mos in NYC to get to an interview and I sincerely hope they will find our records sufficient/still valid by then. Btw, civil surgeon's summary is only valid for 60 days, we were told. Not sure if true or false.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 hours ago, Shiran said:

we were approved

Congratulations!  A great feeling.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
15 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

Congratulations!  A great feeling.

Run e-Verify self check and it shows as "Authorized for work" even though we still do not have GC on hand. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You're ahead of the power curve there!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 9/9/2019 at 6:50 PM, Shiran said:

Yes, I would expect they would not ask about your medical at all. Things that are listed on interview notice that were never asked for: Petitioner's birth cert (they did ask for passport, and for beneficiary's birth cert/translation), I-864, medical things/I-693, I-94. 

Interview was fine, a bit long/through but never felt as it was hostile. At the end young lady conducting interview walked out to check with her supervisor, and then returned to confirm that we were approved. As of today she is considered (conditional) permanent resident. We will have to go through RoC process in 21 months. 

hJETl5q.png

They asked for a birth certificate translation?  Wasn't that part of the AoS package already?  I provided one to my attorney who is preparing the package to the USCIS (if he moves his southern hemisphere I think he'll be sending that in this week for us).

I am wondering if my lady and I can simply handle the RoC in 21 months.  I may be wrong in this assumption but perhaps a simpler process?

Timeline
5 hours ago, TastyCake said:

They asked for a birth certificate translation?  Wasn't that part of the AoS package already?  I provided one to my attorney who is preparing the package to the USCIS (if he moves his southern hemisphere I think he'll be sending that in this week for us).

They want to see original of the beneficiary's birth certificate. You do not send original in AoS packet, that would be bad. But yes we just printed out copy of same translation we submitted with AoS

Edited by Shiran

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.