Karim2018

questions about I-864 (merged topics)

62 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Can someone please confirm if once you're asked to fill out the I-864 form (at NVC stage)  do you fill-out the form online and e-sign it (all online) OR you have an option to print it and wet-sign it, then scan and upload it back to the NVC site? Thanks!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You will fill it out online on the CEAC site 

no longer print it out and mail in

make sure you have all your supporting documents with you when you are ready to do this

and still Label all pages in the upper right hand corner with case #,  both names and both DOB's  Immigration still has lost or misplaced supporting pages

Timeline
27 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

make sure you have all your supporting documents with you when you are ready to do this

and still Label all pages in the upper right hand corner with case #,  both names and both DOB's  Immigration still has lost or misplaced supporting pages

Thank you for your swift response! Filling out the form online is fine, what I'm asking about is the signature? Do you e-sign it online as well or do you print the sig page, wet-sign it scan and upload it? If you don't wet-sign the form, the petitioner won't be able to bring the original form (with wet signature) to the interview, and I'm told that it is required. CO in Casablanca have been asking for the original form w/ wet sig and not a scanned copy!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Uhmmmm CEAC is the DS-261 and DS-260. 

2 hours ago, Karim2018 said:

Can someone please confirm if once you're asked to fill out the I-864 form (at NVC stage)  do you fill-out the form online and e-sign it (all online) OR you have an option to print it and wet-sign it, then scan and upload it back to the NVC site? Thanks!

You dont have to print all pages, you can just print the signature page , sign it and then scan and edit it into the OG one using a PDF editor*. That would mean only printing and scanning one page.

* Look into Foxit PDF previous version that is available for education for free or PDFExpert on Mac for one time cost or just sign up for a trial of Adobe if you want to.

Timeline
10 hours ago, saladboye said:

Uhmmmm CEAC is the DS-261 and DS-260. 

You dont have to print all pages, you can just print the signature page , sign it and then scan and edit it into the OG one using a PDF editor*. That would mean only printing and scanning one page.

* Look into Foxit PDF previous version that is available for education for free or PDFExpert on Mac for one time cost or just sign up for a trial of Adobe if you want to.

Thank you!

Timeline

Hi Guys, Do I count my Ex as part of my household, knowing that she doesn't live with me nor does she show as one of my dependent on my 2018 tax return. I'm, however, paying her alimony, which is already captured/shown on my taxes. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Karim2018 said:

Hi Guys, Do I count my Ex as part of my household, knowing that she doesn't live with me nor does she show as one of my dependent on my 2018 tax return. I'm, however, paying her alimony, which is already captured/shown on my taxes. Thanks.

Did you sponsor her for a spousal visa at one time?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
5 hours ago, Karim2018 said:

You only would count her if you sponsored her as an immigrant and she is still an LPR.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Hey VJ's,

Filling out I-864 and I've checked YES in

PART 3

1. I'm sponsoring the principal immigrant in Part 2

I don't think I have to worry about about putting N/A or NONE for the next slew of questions where they're asking about Family Member # 1, 2, 3, etc...

I'm just leaving those fields blank, as they really don't pertain to my case (I'm only applying for my wife, no kids and no family members).

I think it's common sense , but thought I'd ask anyway...

Correct?

Thanks

Edited by Karim2018

Timeline
On 12/31/2018 at 7:44 PM, geowrian said:

Count each person only once. So if they are counted in 1.a, then they are not counted in 1.b onwards.

CLARIFICATION: If I enter '1' in 5.1 (I-864), should I then enter '0' in 5.3 or leave it blank?  It clearly says (in the I-864 instructions ) that if you're not married enter '0'. I feel as if I'm lying if enter '0' in 5.3 because I'M MARRIED  and my spouse is the applicant, so yes, I understand that I shouldn't count her twice, but their instructions say to enter ZERO  in 5.3 if you're not married!!! Thus is the epitome of silliness and confusion! Please help.... Thanks!

Edited by Karim2018

Count each individual only once. So if they are already counted above, they are not counted ever again, making the result "0".

I get that it may feel incorrect as you are married, but this is simply how it is done and how many others have done it. It's not an issue.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
1 minute ago, geowrian said:

Count each individual only once. So if they are already counted above, they are not counted ever again, making the result "0".

I get that it may feel incorrect as you are married, but this is simply how it is done and how many others have done it. It's not an issue.

Thank you for your prompt response!

Timeline

I'm currently employed and will get a W2 form my employer at the end of the  year, as I did last year. HOWEVER, in addition to my "standard" job, I'm also a Realtor (part time), which in most, if not all states, is considered to be "self-employment", My question is in Part 6 Sponsor Employment and Income on I-864, should I check boxes 1 AND 4? Knowing that my income from my regular 8-5 job should be enough, as it's more than 2X the amount they require. Thanks!

Timeline

I have been reading conflicting posts about writing OR typing Case#, Petitioner and Applicant Name on each page of the I-864 packet including all fed tax pages, w2's , letter of employment, etc... Can some please confirm what to do?

1. Is it needed and if so, do you do it on each page or every doc you upload?

2. Do you type it (print using adobe editor) or should it be handwritten, then scanned and uploaded?

3. What about civil docs (i.e. police report, birth certs, marriage/divorce decree? Should they also have case#, etc...written/typed on them?

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.