Exanuage

Egyptian birth certificate rejected and sponsor rejected

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi,

We're petitioning for a CR-1 visa and we uploaded everything to the CEAC, but they replied with accepting all documents exepct the birth certificate and it said "Please replace this with an acceptable birth certificate from a correct issuing authority. Please use our Document Finder at https://nvc.state.gov/find for acceptable documents guidelines"

What I uploaded was a PDF file with both the original Arabic one that I got from the Civil office and a translated copy from the Ministry of Health and Population. Is there another version I should get?

Also, it said that the sponsor (who's also the petitioner) does not meet the minimum income requirement to be a sponsor, even though she does. So what's going on with that as well? 

Thank you,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, Exanuage said:

Hi,

We're petitioning for a CR-1 visa and we uploaded everything to the CEAC, but they replied with accepting all documents exepct the birth certificate and it said "Please replace this with an acceptable birth certificate from a correct issuing authority. Please use our Document Finder at https://nvc.state.gov/find for acceptable documents guidelines"

What I uploaded was a PDF file with both the original Arabic one that I got from the Civil office and a translated copy from the Ministry of Health and Population. Is there another version I should get?

Also, it said that the sponsor (who's also the petitioner) does not meet the minimum income requirement to be a sponsor, even though she does. So what's going on with that as well? 

Thank you,

For the birth certificate you should get a bilingual birth certificate from civil status organization in abasseya it comes in both Arabic and English language 

No need for a translated copy cause it will be issued in both the languages

Edited by Gia & Dave

Timeline
4 hours ago, Gia & Dave said:

For the birth certificate you should get a bilingual birth certificate from civil status organization in abasseya it comes in both Arabic and English language 

No need for a translated copy cause it will be issued in both the languages

Thank you! Now I just need to sort this sponsor thing out.

2 hours ago, Jmeleecur said:

Is the sponsor well being the minimum requirements? 

Yes, she does make more than the minimum requirements. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Exanuage said:

Thank you! Now I just need to sort this sponsor thing out.

Yes, she does make more than the minimum requirements. 

Hi, sorry! I didn't realize my typo till now. I meant 'does she make well* over the min requirements'. I don't have much to contribute as an answer, sorry- I guess I'm asking more out of curiosity for my own application process. I realize that's no help at all to you tho 😁

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jmeleecur said:

Hi, sorry! I didn't realize my typo till now. I meant 'does she make well* over the min requirements'. I don't have much to contribute as an answer, sorry- I guess I'm asking more out of curiosity for my own application process. I realize that's no help at all to you tho 😁

It's okay. We now have to wait until someone helps both of us. Haha.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

No need to say exactly how much your spouse is making, but when one says "well over" it doesn't mean just a few hundreds over the $ amount stated in the guidelines, but at least a few thousands of dollars above and beyond the poverty guidelines. I've seen folks stating that their sponsor makes $22,700 when the the guideline is $21,137...That's obviously over the guidelines, but not by much. When you're that close, it helps to also show some savings and/or assets to help mitigate the risk of the immigrant becoming a public charge. Good luck!

Edited by Karim2018

Timeline
1 hour ago, Karim2018 said:

No need to say exactly how much your spouse is making, but when one says "well over" it doesn't mean just a few hundreds over the $ amount stated in the guidelines, but at least a few thousands of dollars above and beyond the poverty guidelines. I've seen folks stating that their sponsor makes $22,700 when the the guideline is $21,137...That's obviously over the guidelines, but not by much. When you're that close, it helps to also show some savings and/or assets to help mitigate the risk of the immigrant becoming a public charge. Good luck!

She actually makes about 8 grand over the guideline. This is why we think it's extremely weird.

Timeline
15 hours ago, Villanelle said:

Is she self employed (1099 tax forms typically) or an employee (w2) 

An employee. Our lawyer actually said that it's just a generic message they send out, but we're just worried. I'm sure everyone here knows how tense this whole process is so we were wondering if anyone went through the same situation.

• 4 months later...
Timeline
3 hours ago, SamyAmer said:

Hi,

I have the same issue with the BC of my son, Is there any possibility to show a sample for the bilingual BC?

I am trying to show it to the person who will try to issue it from Egypt.

This is the one we uploaded eventually and got accepted.

It looks exactly the same as the new marriage certificate. You will need to issue it at the Civil Status Record Office (Segal El Madani, Abbasiya Square)

1.jpg

Edited by Exanuage

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/28/2020 at 7:13 PM, Exanuage said:

This is the one we uploaded eventually and got accepted.

It looks exactly the same as the new marriage certificate. You will need to issue it at the Civil Status Record Office (Segal El Madani, Abbasiya Square)

1.jpg

I just got these new Bilingual Birth and Marriage Certificates and stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Could anyone please tell me if they need authenticated by the US embassy for future immigration to the US or not??

Timeline
10 hours ago, BeamerTv said:

I just got these new Bilingual Birth and Marriage Certificates and stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Could anyone please tell me if they need authenticated by the US embassy for future immigration to the US or not??

If you mean the ones you upload to the CEAC, then no. You don't have to get them authenticated or notarized.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.