Jump to content
Exanuage

Egyptian birth certificate rejected and sponsor rejected

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi,

We're petitioning for a CR-1 visa and we uploaded everything to the CEAC, but they replied with accepting all documents exepct the birth certificate and it said "Please replace this with an acceptable birth certificate from a correct issuing authority. Please use our Document Finder at https://nvc.state.gov/find for acceptable documents guidelines"

What I uploaded was a PDF file with both the original Arabic one that I got from the Civil office and a translated copy from the Ministry of Health and Population. Is there another version I should get?

 

Also, it said that the sponsor (who's also the petitioner) does not meet the minimum income requirement to be a sponsor, even though she does. So what's going on with that as well? 

Thank you,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Exanuage said:

Hi,

We're petitioning for a CR-1 visa and we uploaded everything to the CEAC, but they replied with accepting all documents exepct the birth certificate and it said "Please replace this with an acceptable birth certificate from a correct issuing authority. Please use our Document Finder at https://nvc.state.gov/find for acceptable documents guidelines"

What I uploaded was a PDF file with both the original Arabic one that I got from the Civil office and a translated copy from the Ministry of Health and Population. Is there another version I should get?

 

Also, it said that the sponsor (who's also the petitioner) does not meet the minimum income requirement to be a sponsor, even though she does. So what's going on with that as well? 

Thank you,

For the birth certificate you should get a bilingual birth certificate from civil status organization in abasseya it comes in both Arabic and English language 

No need for a translated copy cause it will be issued in both the languages

 

Edited by Gia & Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gia & Dave said:

For the birth certificate you should get a bilingual birth certificate from civil status organization in abasseya it comes in both Arabic and English language 

No need for a translated copy cause it will be issued in both the languages

 

Thank you! Now I just need to sort this sponsor thing out.

 

2 hours ago, Jmeleecur said:

Is the sponsor well being the minimum requirements? 

Yes, she does make more than the minimum requirements. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Exanuage said:

Thank you! Now I just need to sort this sponsor thing out.

 

Yes, she does make more than the minimum requirements. 

Hi, sorry! I didn't realize my typo till now. I meant 'does she make well* over the min requirements'. I don't have much to contribute as an answer, sorry- I guess I'm asking more out of curiosity for my own application process. I realize that's no help at all to you tho 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jmeleecur said:

Hi, sorry! I didn't realize my typo till now. I meant 'does she make well* over the min requirements'. I don't have much to contribute as an answer, sorry- I guess I'm asking more out of curiosity for my own application process. I realize that's no help at all to you tho 😁

It's okay. We now have to wait until someone helps both of us. Haha.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need to say exactly how much your spouse is making, but when one says "well over" it doesn't mean just a few hundreds over the $ amount stated in the guidelines, but at least a few thousands of dollars above and beyond the poverty guidelines. I've seen folks stating that their sponsor makes $22,700 when the the guideline is $21,137...That's obviously over the guidelines, but not by much. When you're that close, it helps to also show some savings and/or assets to help mitigate the risk of the immigrant becoming a public charge. Good luck!

Edited by Karim2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Karim2018 said:

No need to say exactly how much your spouse is making, but when one says "well over" it doesn't mean just a few hundreds over the $ amount stated in the guidelines, but at least a few thousands of dollars above and beyond the poverty guidelines. I've seen folks stating that their sponsor makes $22,700 when the the guideline is $21,137...That's obviously over the guidelines, but not by much. When you're that close, it helps to also show some savings and/or assets to help mitigate the risk of the immigrant becoming a public charge. Good luck!

She actually makes about 8 grand over the guideline. This is why we think it's extremely weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Villanelle said:

Is she self employed (1099 tax forms typically) or an employee (w2) 

An employee. Our lawyer actually said that it's just a generic message they send out, but we're just worried. I'm sure everyone here knows how tense this whole process is so we were wondering if anyone went through the same situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...