Amanda880

Nervous about Petition

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

HI All,

I've been pouring through these forums and I think I"ve made myself more nervous then when I initially filed. Giving a bit of back story:

I've been talking with my fiance for about 6 years 4 and some change of those as just friends online. We do have an age gap. I'm 14 years older than him. I am 39 he's 25. I'm Christian and he's Muslim.  I've gone on two trips there in the last year and a half 1 for 10 days and the second for almost a month in January. I haven't been able to get back due to using up my vacation time for the larger time trip in January. Is that enough facetime? We talk everyday but from what I"m reading that might not be enough as chat evidence is weak for proof of relationship. I provided many pictures of us with his family ( his mom, brother, aunt, cousins) and friends. I didn't front load like I could have because I used a service and now I"m freaking out we will get to the interview and it's not enough. Our main reason for applying for the K1 and not just doing the wedding in Tunisia and applying for a  CR1 is because I'm my parents only child and I want them at the wedding. They aren't in the best health and couldn't make that kind of trek. I'm just stressing any help would be or advice would great! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

What stage of the process are you in? You can sideload at NVC stage. You can also send him to interview with more proofs. 

If you have time, you should probably go back to visit once more before the interview. 

I would also be prepared to file CR1 if your K1 goes to AP purgatory or gets denied. 

Of course you'll have to marry first then do CR1. 

You can do another wedding in the states later. 

• Spoiler

• Met 09/2016
    • Engaged 11/2016
    • Moved to Algiers, Algeria 03/17/2017
    • Married in Algeria 07/26/2017
    • Decided to relocate back to the US in 08/2018
    • Currently still living in Algeria as of 09/20/2018
    • Mailed petition to FL to be sent by friend to USCIS 09/23/2018
    • Petition sent to Chicago Lockbox 09/27/2018
    • USPS shows Petition delivered to Chicago Lockbox 09/29/2018

Timeline

Yeah, sorry. Blanked out for a second.  Looks like interview it is. 

1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

Not a thing with K-1s.

• Spoiler

• Met 09/2016
    • Engaged 11/2016
    • Moved to Algiers, Algeria 03/17/2017
    • Married in Algeria 07/26/2017
    • Decided to relocate back to the US in 08/2018
    • Currently still living in Algeria as of 09/20/2018
    • Mailed petition to FL to be sent by friend to USCIS 09/23/2018
    • Petition sent to Chicago Lockbox 09/27/2018
    • USPS shows Petition delivered to Chicago Lockbox 09/29/2018

Timeline

We are still waiting for the NOA2 so extremely early in the process. I will have time in January to go back. Would it help if I was there when he interviewed? I already supplied my boarding passes there, both our boarding passes for our small trip to turkey, Hotel receipt. Airbnb receipt. Dont have really any accommodation receipts for my second trip ( other than the above stated istanbul trip) as I stayed with his family...  I have a lot of pictures of us I could have put in but only provided 10 pictures 5 pages 2 per page with description.

We will of course get married regardless. You're right we will have two weddings anyway just the order would change. 

Timeline

Don't freak yourself out! Everything will work out and you'll get him here,  just be patient and believe it will be a positive outcome. As others have mentioned, if it came to it, there's always the I-130  route, but cross that road when you get to it. My husband and I got married (actually in Tunisia, but he's Algerian) and we plan to have a (small) wedding once he's here so my parents and family can be apart of that celebration also. I understand the hesitation of being married without your parents present, but you have options! I wouldn't worry about the age difference too much. It is what it is, and maybe they'll bring it up in the interview but as long as your fiance is honest with his intentions and the age not being an issue, it doesn't matter- we can't know how they're going to judge the situation, we can only be honest, that's the only control we have in this process. I think any additional face to face time is always a plus, both for you guys & this visa application. Even though you didn't front load with RapidVisa like you probably would have on your own, that's okay. If they want more proof you'll get a request for evidence, and just send it then! From what I've seen, it doesn't seem like people who get RFE's are stalled too much as long as you respond & provide what they want as quickly as you can. Everything will fall into place.

Hello, it seems that you have a lot of proof by meeting his family and traveling there more then one time. I would highly recommend to be with him at the interview. As the petitioner, I was able to be at the interview in Algeria an answer questions.  It was also helpful to mention that during the AOS interview because is not a usual thing to take that extra step. Note that not all the countries will let you in to join him during the interview though.  

Timeline
9 hours ago, Jmeleecur said:

Don't freak yourself out! Everything will work out and you'll get him here,  just be patient and believe it will be a positive outcome. As others have mentioned, if it came to it, there's always the I-130  route, but cross that road when you get to it. My husband and I got married (actually in Tunisia, but he's Algerian) and we plan to have a (small) wedding once he's here so my parents and family can be apart of that celebration also. I understand the hesitation of being married without your parents present, but you have options! I wouldn't worry about the age difference too much. It is what it is, and maybe they'll bring it up in the interview but as long as your fiance is honest with his intentions and the age not being an issue, it doesn't matter- we can't know how they're going to judge the situation, we can only be honest, that's the only control we have in this process. I think any additional face to face time is always a plus, both for you guys & this visa application. Even though you didn't front load with RapidVisa like you probably would have on your own, that's okay. If they want more proof you'll get a request for evidence, and just send it then! From what I've seen, it doesn't seem like people who get RFE's are stalled too much as long as you respond & provide what they want as quickly as you can. Everything will fall into place.

Thank you so much that really calmed my mind quite a bit! It really wont be the end of the world if the first wedding is in Tunisia. The point is to be together and we all of course want sooner rather than later :) I just need to practice more patience and allow the process to unfold as it will. Thank you again. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Zjazzy said:

Hello, it seems that you have a lot of proof by meeting his family and traveling there more then one time. I would highly recommend to be with him at the interview. As the petitioner, I was able to be at the interview in Algeria an answer questions.  It was also helpful to mention that during the AOS interview because is not a usual thing to take that extra step. Note that not all the countries will let you in to join him during the interview though.  

Thank you feeling a bit better on the evidence part. :) We will ask when he sets up the interview if I'm allowed to attend.I think I'll go regardless as I miss him so much and I can atleast ride with him there to support him. :)

14 hours ago, Amanda880 said:

Thank you feeling a bit better on the evidence part. :) We will ask when he sets up the interview if I'm allowed to attend.I think I'll go regardless as I miss him so much and I can atleast ride with him there to support him. :)

Ohhh and for sure the best part was celebrating like two crazies outside the embassy hhh.   😍❤️

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
19 hours ago, Amanda880 said:

If your not allowed to attend the interview, make sure he lets them know your there , waiting outside.

Best Wishes.

Formally Beth & Achraf,    Lost my sign in details.

Been here a Veryyyyy Long time. 

MY HUSBAND'S :   N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

04/09/2024:     INTERVIEW SCHEDULE:  HOUSTON OFFICE: MAY 14 2024   ♥

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 5 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response per NOID,   Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thank you everyone for the advice . I had to step away from the site for a bit as one can drive themselves crazy reading every possible post while waiting lol I realize not much can be done while waiting for the first approval. I have never believed sugarcoating is a good thing in these situations, one must be realistic with thier expectations. I am very grateful for the responses and will come back for advice as we get farther in the process of course. :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/5/2019 at 3:24 AM, Amanda880 said:

HI All,

I've been pouring through these forums and I think I"ve made myself more nervous then when I initially filed. Giving a bit of back story:

I've been talking with my fiance for about 6 years 4 and some change of those as just friends online. We do have an age gap. I'm 14 years older than him. I am 39 he's 25. I'm Christian and he's Muslim.  I've gone on two trips there in the last year and a half 1 for 10 days and the second for almost a month in January. I haven't been able to get back due to using up my vacation time for the larger time trip in January. Is that enough facetime? We talk everyday but from what I"m reading that might not be enough as chat evidence is weak for proof of relationship. I provided many pictures of us with his family ( his mom, brother, aunt, cousins) and friends. I didn't front load like I could have because I used a service and now I"m fdreaking out we will get to the interview and it's not enough. Our main reason for applying for the K1 and not just doing the wedding in Tunisia and applying for a  CR1 is because I'm my parents only child and I want them at the wedding. They aren't in the best health and couldn't make that kind of trek. I'm just stressing any help would be or advice would great! 

Do not worry I know a couple who is exactly the same as you ( 14 age difference) they did k-1 got approved. 3 visits total. WOosaaah  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.