AnaMarieW

Interview Stage, Question

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Okay so we finally became Document Qualified. I am slightly concerned that my income and our joint sponsors income isn't enough. I currently work at a popular Restaurant Dining Chain and I am in management (but my income was reflecting 2018s tax return and I only lived in America for 6 months. I am an American citizen, I was just living in Sweden temporarily so I didn't have a full year of work on my tax transcript. My GM wrote a letter of Guaranteed employment for my husband and I plan on mailing it to him for the interview, do you think that can help anything?? She put specifically how much he would be making and that it is effective immediately upon his approval to work once in the states. I also have a decent amount of Assets saved it just doesn't reflect in my actual income. This is so stressful. 

I-129F Sent : 09-28-2015 via USPS Priority Mail to PO Box in Dallas, TX

I-129F Delivered : 10-01-2015

I-129F NOA1 :10-13-2015

I-129F NOA2 : 11-04-2015

NVC Received : 11-17-2015

Packet 3 Received : 12-04-2015

Interview Date : March 3rd, 2016

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa Received : March 14th, 2016

US Entry : March 16th, 2016

Marriage : May 25th, 2016

Daughter born: May 13th, 2016

Now on I-130. A new adventure begins..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, AnaMarieW said:

Okay so we finally became Document Qualified. I am slightly concerned that my income and our joint sponsors income isn't enough. I currently work at a popular Restaurant Dining Chain and I am in management (but my income was reflecting 2018s tax return and I only lived in America for 6 months. I am an American citizen, I was just living in Sweden temporarily so I didn't have a full year of work on my tax transcript. My GM wrote a letter of Guaranteed employment for my husband and I plan on mailing it to him for the interview, do you think that can help anything?? She put specifically how much he would be making and that it is effective immediately upon his approval to work once in the states. I also have a decent amount of Assets saved it just doesn't reflect in my actual income. This is so stressful. 

Your current income .. what you will earn in 2019 based on your current payslips must be at or over the 125%. Lasts years lower income due to travel is not the critical issue. You need to demonstrate stable ongoing employment.. as per your own employment letter and adequate current income ... payslips. You can use assets to meet the requirement .. or make up a lack .. assets need to be worth 3x the income amount .. if you are down by say $10000 this year , you need 30,000 in assets that are considered able to be turned into cash within a year if needed. 

If your income isn’t adequate, you need a joint sponsor who meets the requirements.. you don’t get to add their income to yours. 

You said your GM wrote a “guarantee of employment letter “ for your husband .. that won’t help you meet the financial level.  , 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Your current income .. what you will earn in 2019 based on your current payslips must be at or over the 125%. Lasts years lower income due to travel is not the critical issue. You need to demonstrate stable ongoing employment.. as per your own employment letter and adequate current income ... payslips. You can use assets to meet the requirement .. or make up a lack .. assets need to be worth 3x the income amount .. if you are down by say $10000 this year , you need 30,000 in assets that are considered able to be turned into cash within a year if needed. 

If your income isn’t adequate, you need a joint sponsor who meets the requirements.. you don’t get to add their income to yours. 

You said your GM wrote a “guarantee of employment letter “ for your husband .. that won’t help you meet the financial level.  , 

I assumed that the letter would prove that he would have a stable income along with mine because I thought the whole point of this financial requirements is to show he can support himself in the states. I guess I had the wrong assumption. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
11 minutes ago, AnaMarieW said:

I assumed that the letter would prove that he would have a stable income along with mine because I thought the whole point of this financial requirements is to show he can support himself in the states. I guess I had the wrong assumption. 

Ultimately you still are the sponsor and are responsible for showing you are financially stable enough to support the both yourself and your husband, the person you are promising to financially sponsor, and show the CO that your husband will not become a public charge, especially should he for some reason not end up having the job. He can certainly take the letter, it wouldn’t hurt, but the CO does not know how valid the job offer is, or if the job offer will still even be available for your husband by the time he arrives, so ultimately, he will likely be mostly focusing on your and your joint sponsors income. If you feel like your joint sponsor doesn’t make enough then you might want to consider a different joint sponsor. Why do you feel the income from yourself and your joint sponsor is not enough? Do both you and the joint sponsor make above the 125% poverty guideline or is it just barely meeting?

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

Ultimately you still are the sponsor and are responsible for showing you are financially stable enough to support the both yourself and your husband, the person you are promising to financially sponsor, and show the CO that your husband will not become a public charge, especially should he for some reason not end up having the job. He can certainly take the letter, it wouldn’t hurt, but the CO does not know how valid the job offer is, or if the job offer will still even be available for your husband by the time he arrives, so ultimately, he will likely be mostly focusing on your and your joint sponsors income. If you feel like your joint sponsor doesn’t make enough then you might want to consider a different joint sponsor. Why do you feel the income from yourself and your joint sponsor is not enough? Do both you and the joint sponsor make above the 125% poverty guideline or is it just barely meeting?

At this point both of us are just barely meeting the 125%. I’m at a point in my career of moving up in Management so my income would increase dramatically. But obviously I can’t prove that yet. I did get a promotion after I submitted the financial documents from a Server to assistant manager. Maybe I should just print all of my paystubs (literally all of them) and my tip slips and hope that Would show my income increase until my next promotion? I know he is guaranteed the job because it’s what was discussed and I understand they won’t fully believe it, I just hoped it was going to help a lot unfortunately. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, AnaMarieW said:

At this point both of us are just barely meeting the 125%. I’m at a point in my career of moving up in Management so my income would increase dramatically. But obviously I can’t prove that yet. I did get a promotion after I submitted the financial documents from a Server to assistant manager. Maybe I should just print all of my paystubs (literally all of them) and my tip slips and hope that Would show my income increase until my next promotion? I know he is guaranteed the job because it’s what was discussed and I understand they won’t fully believe it, I just hoped it was going to help a lot unfortunately. 

Just the most recent paystubs would be best to show your current income, they likely won't want to look through all of them, you can also include a letter about your promotion and the pay increase you will receive if you can get such a letter. You know that the job is guaranteed, but the CO will likely still have to be wary about it and mostly go off of current income, since the CO doesn't know if the job availability may change or not even if you do. It still could help to include the letter of the job offer for your husband, but the CO likely will still want to look at you and what you are making as well as your joint sponsor. Include those recent pay stubs/tip slips, your husband's job offer letter, and a promotion letter for yourself I would say. You may also want to see if you can line up a new joint sponsor who makes a bit more if you can, just in case. The CO will still look at the totality of the circumstances with everything, but hope for the best and prepare for the worst and make sure that should the CO not accept the income from yourself/your joint sponsor, that you have a backup plan. It's hard to say what the outcome will be but I wish you the best of luck regardless 🤞

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

Timeline
6 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

Just the most recent paystubs would be best to show your current income, they likely won't want to look through all of them, you can also include a letter about your promotion and the pay increase you will receive if you can get such a letter. You know that the job is guaranteed, but the CO will likely still have to be wary about it and mostly go off of current income, since the CO doesn't know if the job availability may change or not even if you do. It still could help to include the letter of the job offer for your husband, but the CO likely will still want to look at you and what you are making as well as your joint sponsor. Include those recent pay stubs/tip slips, your husband's job offer letter, and a promotion letter for yourself I would say. You may also want to see if you can line up a new joint sponsor who makes a bit more if you can, just in case. The CO will still look at the totality of the circumstances with everything, but hope for the best and prepare for the worst and make sure that should the CO not accept the income from yourself/your joint sponsor, that you have a backup plan. It's hard to say what the outcome will be but I wish you the best of luck regardless 🤞

Thank you! I appreciate it. The interview process wasn’t so scary the first time around, this time it’s terrifying 😅

1 hour ago, AnaMarieW said:

Potential income of the intending immigrant may be considered in the overall *totality* of the situation regarding the public charge, but it cannot replace or supplement the sponsor's income.

Timeline
Just now, AnaMarieW said:

Thank you! I appreciate it. The interview process wasn’t so scary the first time around, this time it’s terrifying 😅

As long as you are prepared, I'm sure everything will go just fine, always best to make sure you have all your bases covered for any situation, good or bad, so just make sure you're ready for being told to have another joint sponsor, though hopefully you won't have to. Lycka till! 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lil bear said:

Current income has nothing at all to do with 2019.  See bold above.  Your current income is what you will make in the next 12 months, based on what you make now.

If you lost your job just before you filed the affidavit your income is zero, no matter whether you've already made over the requirement so far this year.  If you got a job yesterday paying 50k, your income is 50k, no matter what you've made so far this year.

So, what I would do is provide an updated I-864 with your current income correctly stated, and have your spouse carry that to the interview with a current pay stub.

He can then ask if they will accept you alone and discard the joint sponsor.  If they say yes, your joint sponsor is off the hook.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.