Neogalik

Traveling from Indonesia

65 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

You should really consider just going to meet her first, using the 30 day visa on arrival,  and make sure you are compatible before moving or filing for any type of VISA for her to the US. 

I found a flight as cheap as $405 right now round trip towards the end of October between LAX and DPS.  Visa on arrival is free.  Lodging is cheap.  Why don't you invest in a 2 week trip before investing in something much more serious.  

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

1 minute ago, AstroCanada said:

I found a flight as cheap as $405 right now round trip towards the end of October between LAX and DPS.  Visa on arrival is free.  Lodging is cheap.  Why don't you invest in a 2 week trip before investing in something much more serious.  

That was actually the plan now, for me to take a month long trip to see her. The cheapest flight I could find was $400 each way. How did you find it so cheap? The rest like food and hotel is very cheap. Thanks for the help!

2 hours ago, Neogalik said:

That was actually the plan now, for me to take a month long trip to see her. The cheapest flight I could find was $400 each way. How did you find it so cheap? The rest like food and hotel is very cheap. Thanks for the help!

use google flights

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Neogalik said:

As Paul&Mary suggested, use Google Flights. Kayak is another website. That's how I found the $405 flight. 

I don't know where you're flying from, but I've paid $650-750 r/t when flying to Indonesia from the west coast. From the east cost (DC), it cost me $750-1000 roundtrip. Jakarta is usually the cheapest place to fly to (in my experience). 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

1 minute ago, usmsbow said:

As Paul&Mary suggested, use Google Flights. Kayak is another website. That's how I found the $405 flight. 

I don't know where you're flying from, but I've paid $650-750 r/t when flying to Indonesia from the west coast. From the east cost (DC), it cost me $750-1000 roundtrip. Jakarta is usually the cheapest place to fly to (in my experience). 

I’ve been using Kayak and it’s been the cheapest, I just tried google flights and I couldn’t find anything cheaper.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.