Jump to content
Mr & Mrs T

Bring a cat to the US

26 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi guys, 

ok today I have a question a little bit special . It’s for my cats lol 

we bring them in USA with us and went to the veterinary for the passport , vaccinations etc but he don’t find some info and .. now it’s up to us to find them .. 

anyway ..he is the only one around ..

so if someone can help me because I look everywhere , send mail but no answer ..
 The vet asks me to provide information on what follows:
 - What is the antibody titration required for transport to the USA?
 - what are the mandatory / proscribed parasitic suppressants according to the states.
 - what is the delay for the clinical examination before departure.

 

thank you for your help !!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hi guys, 

ok today I have a question a little bit special . It’s for my cats lol 

we bring them in USA with us and went to the veterinary for the passport , vaccinations etc but he don’t find some info and .. now it’s up to us to find them .. 

anyway ..he is the only one around ..

so if someone can help me because I look everywhere , send mail but no answer ..
 The vet asks me to provide information on what follows:
 - What is the antibody titration required for transport to the USA?
 - what are the mandatory / proscribed parasitic suppressants according to the states.
 - what is the delay for the clinical examination before departure.

 

thank you for your help !!! 

 

 

Hello,

 

I brought my two cats from Indonesia back in 2014. First, you should research what the requirement from your country regarding bring out pets. Indonesia was really strict about the requirement, unfortunately follow the rules from Britain. I had to complete the full vaccinations such as rabies and any other documents that were on the list.

 

Second, keep in mind, the US is really pet-friendly country. Except, Hawaii and Guam,  that require to quarantine your pets up to 3 months. Those state and territory are rabies-free. Other than that, bringing pets to the US was a breeze.

 

I did not have a trouble to bring my two cats to the US. The immigration officer did not even ask my papers that I had a hard time to obtain. The only institution that asked me permission papers was the airline. And it was an Asian airline. The American ones did not care at all, lol.  When I entered the immigration line, the officer just asked me," Is it a cat? I can see the paws sticking out". I said yes and in which he replied back," oh that's cute". And that was it. No question was asked about my pets during our connecting flights in the US.

 

If you need more info, let me know.

 

 

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

 

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

 

                                       Lifting Condition (I-751)

 

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Girl from Celebes said:

 

 

Hello,

 

I brought my two cats from Indonesia back in 2014. First, you should research what the requirement from your country regarding bring out pets. Indonesia was really strict about the requirement, unfortunately follow the rules from Britain. I had to complete the full vaccinations such as rabies and any other documents that were on the list.

 

Second, keep in mind, the US is really pet-friendly country. Except, Hawaii and Guam,  that require to quarantine your pets up to 3 months. Those state and territory are rabies-free. Other than that, bringing pets to the US was a breeze.

 

I did not have a trouble to bring my two cats to the US. The immigration officer did not even ask my papers that I had a hard time to obtain. The only institution that asked me permission papers was the airline. And it was an Asian airline. The American ones did not care at all, lol.  When I entered the immigration line, the officer just asked me," Is it a cat? I can see the paws sticking out". I said yes and in which he replied back," oh that's cute". And that was it. No question was asked about my pets during our connecting flights in the US.

 

If you need more info, let me know.

 

 

Hi!

Thank you for you answer and your help .

the problem for me right now is that I don’t find all the requirements for my country  My veterinary is not very concerned or helpful because it’s the first time he has this situation and he asked me to search .

we already have for both of the cats the EU passport , rabies vaccinations, micro chips but we need to know if there is this blood analyse to do ( antibody titration ) what are the requirements for the protection against flees and how many days before flying we need to bring them for a last check up to the veterinary , he told me that he doesn’t know of how long will the certificate of good health need to be at the entrance in USA .

i feel lost because we contacted cdc/usda and they just provide general info . 

Embassy in Paris transfer you from a service to an other as usual . And other consulate don’t answer . 

I just want to fly and be sure that I will have no problem for my cats because one paper is missing .. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hi!

Thank you for you answer and your help .

the problem for me right now is that I don’t find all the requirements for my country  My veterinary is not very concerned or helpful because it’s the first time he has this situation and he asked me to search .

we already have for both of the cats the EU passport , rabies vaccinations, micro chips but we need to know if there is this blood analyse to do ( antibody titration ) what are the requirements for the protection against flees and how many days before flying we need to bring them for a last check up to the veterinary , he told me that he doesn’t know of how long will the certificate of good health need to be at the entrance in USA .

i feel lost because we contacted cdc/usda and they just provide general info . 

Embassy in Paris transfer you from a service to an other as usual . And other consulate don’t answer . 

I just want to fly and be sure that I will have no problem for my cats because one paper is missing .. 

 

 

 

I did blood work for my youngest cat because he was not old enough to get rabies vaccination. Unfortunately I can't speak French, therefore, I have my limits to help you regarding Pets Regulation in France by looking up online. What you can do is that you need to contact a government department (local or national)  that handles animal welfare. I did a lot of research, months prior our leaving, and I knew which departments that handle those matters. I believe French Agriculture Ministry will be a right institution to get the correct answer.

 

US Embassy in Paris does not involve bringing your pets to the US. So, it was just wasted of your time. You need to contact your local or national government to get a valid info. CDC/USDA, as I said, they don't really care. The immigration officer did not even take a glance to my papers.  You also need to start asking which airline that allows you to bring your pets. Some of airlines banned transporting specific breed of cats and dogs. You need to be aware of that.

 

 


Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

 

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

 

                                       Lifting Condition (I-751)

 

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Girl from Celebes said:

 

I did blood work for my youngest cat because he was not old enough to get rabies vaccination. Unfortunately I can't speak French, therefore, I have my limits to help you regarding Pets Regulation in France by looking up online. What you can do is that you need to contact a government department (local or national)  that handles animal welfare. I did a lot of research, months prior our leaving, and I knew which departments that handle those matters. I believe French Agriculture Ministry will be a right institution to get the correct answer.

 

US Embassy in Paris does not involve bringing your pets to the US. So, it was just wasted of your time. You need to contact your local or national government to get a valid info. CDC/USDA, as I said, they don't really care. The immigration officer did not even take a glance to my papers.  You also need to start asking which airline that allows you to bring your pets. Some of airlines banned transporting specific breed of cats and dogs. You need to be aware of that.

 

 

Thank you very much for your help really ! 

I sent a message to the French agriculture ministry but no answer I will call I think . 

Embassy in Paris , cdc/ usda same boat . They don’t care . 

I thought my vet will be more aware of what to do etc .. 

foe the airlines we already looked and called XL airways and TAP and or cats are welcome ( with fees) in the cabin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Thank you very much for your help really ! 

I sent a message to the French agriculture ministry but no answer I will call I think . 

Embassy in Paris , cdc/ usda same boat . They don’t care . 

I thought my vet will be more aware of what to do etc .. 

foe the airlines we already looked and called XL airways and TAP and or cats are welcome ( with fees) in the cabin 

 

You are very welcome. Not all vets are aware of many of regulations, specially to those who are never involved for transporting animals. I am on board with you about transporting pets in the cabin. I refused to put them in the cargo. Too many horrific stories and my youngest cat was very close to me and he had to see me all the times to calm him down.  

 

We paid airlines fees for two cats (I believe it was $2500 total the whole one-way trip) , and the requirement was that we need a soft carrier in order to fit under seats. We also did not medicate our cats during our trip. And they both were fine after landed in the US. Wish you luck with your effort for your cat. It always bothers me when some people left their pets behind when they moved away and neglected them. Most of these poor pets eventually either ended-up in shelters or died for trying to survive.

 

Keep me posted.

 

 

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

 

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

 

                                       Lifting Condition (I-751)

 

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Girl from Celebes said:

 

You are very welcome. Not all vets are aware of many of regulations, specially to those who are never involved for transporting animals. I am on board with you about transporting pets in the cabin. I refused to put them in the cargo. Too many horrific stories and my youngest cat was very close to me and he had to see me all the times to calm him down.  

 

We paid airlines fees for two cats (I believe it was $2500 total the whole one-way trip) , and the requirement was that we need a soft carrier in order to fit under seats. We also did not medicate our cats during our trip. And they both were fine after landed in the US. Wish you luck with your effort for your cat. It always bothers me when some people left their pets behind when they moved away and neglected them. Most of these poor pets eventually either ended-up in shelters or died for trying to survive.

 

Keep me posted.

 

 

To be honest I am a little bit upset to do the Vet “job” because responsibilities are on me on something I don’t know .. 

so if I bring a wrong info it’s for me then ..

i cannot imagine my babies fur being away from us , scared . I tell myself that next to us they will be reassured . 

Maybe some people are gonna get mad but it’s just for few hours 😀

i will keep you post no problem and thank you again 🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if it's going to be helpful as I didn't ship my pet beforehand. Normally the airlines will ask for a health certificate and vaccination paperwork and that's it. Nobody asked me anything at the airport, I just went out and picked my cat and that was it. 

 

I think you can just make sure the airport authorities will also have a copy of all that paperwork or check these and that's about it. It's not a big deal to travel with pets. The airline will be more exigent, and if you meet all requirements everything should be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nathandev said:

I'm not sure if it's going to be helpful as I didn't ship my pet beforehand. Normally the airlines will ask for a health certificate and vaccination paperwork and that's it. Nobody asked me anything at the airport, I just went out and picked my cat and that was it. 

 

I think you can just make sure the airport authorities will also have a copy of all that paperwork or check these and that's about it. It's not a big deal to travel with pets. The airline will be more exigent, and if you meet all requirements everything should be fine.

I reached the départemental directorate of population direction ( DDPP)of my island  ( Corsica /France) and I had a vet who called me back

( alléluia lol 😂)

she gave me some Info and will send me an email with everything on Monday .

when i receive it I will share it here if it can help someone in the future 😊

but obviously the most important is the vaccination against the rage - certificate of good health - passport - micro ship 

she advise me to do the euchinococcose vaccination two 

no antibody titration from France to USA 

 

when i have more I share with you guys and thank you very much for your help again !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bettie Page said:

Just a tip - very few transatlantic carriers allow you to bring your pet into the cabin and make you put them in the hold. Luckily for you Air France is one of the exceptions!

Yes , we saw that some companies don’t allow us to bring our cats in the cabin .

we will not fly wit AF because it’s really expensive but we already called TAP and XL airways and they allow them in the cabin 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Also check if there is an in cabin limit to pets   Many place a limit due to the confined space and people with severe reactions.   Here is a good site about dogs it may give you some leads for cats . https://www.dogjaunt.com/taking-your-dog-on-a-plane/ 

 


This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, NigeriaorBust said:

  Also check if there is an in cabin limit to pets   Many place a limit due to the confined space and people with severe reactions.   Here is a good site about dogs it may give you some leads for cats . https://www.dogjaunt.com/taking-your-dog-on-a-plane/ 

 

Thank you very much 🙏

the companies we called and who allow cats told us to call before buying our ticket online to be sure that there is room for our pets 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

~~MOved to Moving Here and Your New Life, form Off Topic - as similar threads are discussed here.~~


Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...