5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My now wife is here in US on K1. We got married and applying for AOS. Her medical was in her country on July 3 (less than 2 months ago). She has all the vaccinations necessary. I am not sure about I693 necessity and instructions:

1) Does she still need to fill out I693 if she passed medical before K1 issued less than 2 months ago?

2) If she does, do we still have to go to civil surgeon?

It states that another examination is not required..

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
9 minutes ago, mari04 said:

My now wife is here in US on K1. We got married and applying for AOS. Her medical was in her country on July 3 (less than 2 months ago). She has all the vaccinations necessary. I am not sure about I693 necessity and instructions:

1) Does she still need to fill out I693 if she passed medical before K1 issued less than 2 months ago?

Right at the top of the K1/K3 AOS Process Forum is an excellent pinned thread, with over 40,000 views, that discusses at length the DS-3025 and I-697, you really should check it out : 

OP:  Would you be so kind as to be a good forum member and :time:. It helps everyone that uses or gets information from the VJ Forums.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

*~*~*moved from “K-1 fiancé visa process and procedures” to “AOS from K visas” - OP is joe at the AOS stage*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

If you want you could double check on I-693 instruction from USCIS website, and on pages 6-7 they actually list exactly what do you need to do. 

And based on what you described, you don't need to another medical exam, but you do need to show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements.

I-485/765/131:

06/01/2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP through UPS, received NOA1 on 6/11. Received bio appointment on 6/15 and completed on scheduled date 6/29.

07/06/2018 - Submitted EAD expedite request with job offer, reason was financial loss. Received EAD/AP combo card on 08/04. AOS changed to 'Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview' on 7/24.

07/23/2019 - AOS interview was scheduled on 8/27. In the interview USCIS can't make decision because original K1 file got split up somewhere.

11/25/2019 - AOS got approved, received the actual card in mail on 12/2.

I-751:

09/05/2021 - Sent ROC through FedEx, delivered on 9/7, received message e-notification on 9/9 stated case was received, check is cashed on 9/10, NOA1 in mailbox on 9/13.

10/28/2021 - Fingerprints have been taken (Reuse).

01/17/2023 -  Case was transferred To Another Office

01/26/2023 - Case Was Approved

N-400:

08/28/2022 - Submitted N-400 online, NOA1 on 08/29/2022, with estimate time 10 months for decision. Biometrics is reused.

11/23/2022 - Interview was scheduled on 1/11/2023, it was a combo interview for I751/N400. Both cases were verbally approved. System hasn't been updated yet. 

01/26/2023 - Form N-400 recommended to be approved --> Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

02/06/2023 -  Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed, Oath on 2/22

02/22/2023 - Oath Ceremony, applied passport the same day, with estimated receiving date in middle of May. ALL DONE!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 hours ago, mari04 said:

No need to fill out I693. That was done at her overseas medical and is in her file with USCIS. It will be fwd to the local office.

As long as her DS3025 is marked completed at the bottom you are good to go. No worries at all.

Make sure you send a copy of your completed DS3025 with the AOS packet.

Best of luck!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.