Usaph

Timing of K1 entry, SSN, Wedding, and AOS

65 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/29/2019 at 11:22 AM, Hank_ said:

In Tucson, AZ we hand carried the completed marriage license to the county recorder, then requested certified copies, the were very nice and got the marriage license recorded and issued us our certified copies within a hour.  Then we stopped by SSA .. heck of a day.

How many certified copies did you get? Seems like for the aos packet they don't need to be certified. It's not expensive but everything adds up, so don't want to get more than we need.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/28/2019 at 12:43 PM, Hank_ said:

Since CBP went digital with the I-94 the 2 week wait isn't necessary.        Don't forget to go on the CBP website and print out your I-94 (it is your document for legal status in the USA)

Even though there is not a requirement by USCIS to file AOS within 90 days, legal status does end at 90 days .. once you file the I-485 the NOA receipt will give you legal status during the process.

So we basically need to bring fiancee's birth certificate, passport, print out of I-94, and SSN form?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Usaph said:

How many certified copies did you get? Seems like for the aos packet they don't need to be certified. It's not expensive but everything adds up, so don't want to get more than we need.

We got 5, didn't need that many.  SSA wanted an original certified copy (where they could feel the seal) .. everyone else was happy with copies of the certified copy.    We used 2  of the original certified copies

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Usaph said:

So we basically need to bring fiancee's birth certificate, passport, print out of I-94, and SSA  SS-5 form?

Without looking at the SS-5 (everything required is listed there) I would say that is about it.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 8/30/2019 at 9:19 PM, Teacake said:

An update for those of you who said Vegas was the only place where you could get a certified copy of a marriage licence back super quick: you can apparently add my small town in Tennessee to the list lol. Got married yesterday, the judge gave us back the licence, took it to the county clerk this morning and bought our certified copy on the spot for $5.

Wow! Am also in Tennessee, I got mine back next day at $5, we decided not to go back same day bcos my husband needed to get to work. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.