12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello there!

I hope this finds you ALL well. I was just wondering if I could get some more information on the CR-1/IR-1 visa route. My fiance and I planned to pursue the K-1 Visa but upon the learning about the CR-1/IR-1 option we may be leaning towards that option more. The reasoning for this is due to the fact that you can work much more quickly upon entry on the CR-1/IR-1 Visa. I will list my questions below and if you would be so kind as to help me with them I would be so grateful! My questions are as follows:

1. I have heard that with the CR-1/IR-1 route that you cannot visit the USA while you are waiting for the visa, is this true? I have also heard the exact opposite and I would like to know for sure as not to compromise the integrity of the petition. If I am in fact not allowed to travel to the USA after filing the I-130, why is this?

2.  It says on visa journey that for CR-1/IR-1 route takes 13 months on average but why would it take this long and does it usually? We are trying to find the right time to file so that I can be there next year (2020) by the end of the year.

3. Do you happen to know the general route of the CR-1/IR-1 visa? I know that you file I-130 and I-130a but whats to come after that?  I am not very clear when it comes to what comes after that especially in terms of paper work.

4. How much does having a co-sponsor complicate the situation? We will need a co-sponsor to bring me down there and I am not entirely sure how to go about that. Do both my fiance and the co-sponsor have to fill out separate Affidavit of Support forms (equaling a total of 2 forms)?

Thank you so much for your time and help,

Allison

Still we rise, here and now

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

1.) You can visit,  normal entry requirements apply

2) because the size of the queue is large

3) after petition approved,  then on to NVC for more document submissions 

4) joint sponsor (not co sponsor) and depending on circumstances, yes separate affidavits may be required 

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

1.) You can visit,  normal entry requirements apply

2) because the size of the queue is large

3) after petition approved,  then on to NVC for more document submissions 

4) joint sponsor (not co sponsor) and depending on circumstances, yes separate affidavits may be required 

3) what other document come after this?

4) is joint sponsor one form? how will i know if i need two separate forms?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, dledingham said:

Hello there!

I hope this finds you ALL well. I was just wondering if I could get some more information on the CR-1/IR-1 visa route. My fiance and I planned to pursue the K-1 Visa but upon the learning about the CR-1/IR-1 option we may be leaning towards that option more. The reasoning for this is due to the fact that you can work much more quickly upon entry on the CR-1/IR-1 Visa. I will list my questions below and if you would be so kind as to help me with them I would be so grateful! My questions are as follows:

1. I have heard that with the CR-1/IR-1 route that you cannot visit the USA while you are waiting for the visa, is this true? I have also heard the exact opposite and I would like to know for sure as not to compromise the integrity of the petition. If I am in fact not allowed to travel to the USA after filing the I-130, why is this?

2.  It says on visa journey that for CR-1/IR-1 route takes 13 months on average but why would it take this long and does it usually? We are trying to find the right time to file so that I can be there next year (2020) by the end of the year.

3. Do you happen to know the general route of the CR-1/IR-1 visa? I know that you file I-130 and I-130a but whats to come after that?  I am not very clear when it comes to what comes after that especially in terms of paper work.

4. How much does having a co-sponsor complicate the situation? We will need a co-sponsor to bring me down there and I am not entirely sure how to go about that. Do both my fiance and the co-sponsor have to fill out separate Affidavit of Support forms (equaling a total of 2 forms)?

Thank you so much for your time and help,

Allison

Hi Allison, you can visit but is necessary to prove it your intention is not to move on there without the correct Visa.

The amount of time depends which center process your I-130 (now is between 8 months until 11 months more or less)

Them your case will go to de NVC. + 4 months more or less if you have every paper. 

And the NVC part you have the space for the petitioner and de Join sponsor.  Which one need to send the taxes returns and all the paperwork they ask for.

Timeline
1 minute ago, JulianaSteve said:

Hi Allison, you can visit but is necessary to prove it your intention is not to move on there without the correct Visa.

The amount of time depends which center process your I-130 (now is between 8 months until 11 months more or less)

Them your case will go to de NVC. + 4 months more or less if you have every paper. 

And the NVC part you have the space for the petitioner and de Join sponsor.  Which one need to send the taxes returns and all the paperwork they ask for.

Thank you so much for your response,

do you know what paperwork comes after the case goes to NVC if any?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, dledingham said:

3) what other document come after this?

4) is joint sponsor one form? how will i know if i need two separate forms?

3) by reading the guides

4) by reading the instructions for the i864 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

3) by reading the guides

4) by reading the instructions for the i864 

Thank you so much for this link. Youve been so helpful!

* Moved from K-3 P&P to IR-1/CR-1 P&P forum. K-3 is effectively dead, and the OP has indicated intent for IR-1/CR-1 already. *

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
8 minutes ago, dledingham said:

Thank you so much for your response,

do you know what paperwork comes after the case goes to NVC if any?

In my case they asked for those documents

In order of print screen 

1) My civil documents (I'm the beneficiary)

2)Join sponsor

3) Household 

4) Petitioner (my husband)

Hope this helps. 

Good luck. 

20190819_143233.jpg

20190819_143150.jpg

20190819_143118.jpg

20190819_143048.jpg

Timeline
6 hours ago, dledingham said:

FYI - definitely taking longer right now.  We are at 16 months and counting in the process.  Good luck to you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I agree with @SunnyTiger that the 8-11 or even 13 months outlook may be a little rosy... people who only file the 130 and get stuck with the Nebraska service center are looking at 15 months minimum (from the time you file until the time the beneficiary as approval in hand). The worst part is you have no control over what service center you will get assigned to, and there’s no way to predict it. 

Edited by LC2010

Its easier to slow this process down than speed it up.  File the I-130 now for a late 2020 to early 2021 arrival. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.