JOOK.

When will I receive EAD~?

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hi @WaterLeaf

Thanks for sharing the interesting news with me! I've just read the news article. I'm glad that I and my husband are financially stable. It's so sad some people would get denied with that reason. 

We filed in March and yesterday my status changed on EAD/AP to case approved which took 157 days but it could be anytime as stated above 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

We filed in March and yesterday my status changed on EAD/AP to case approved which took 157 days but it could be anytime as stated above 

Thank you so much for letting me know!! :)♡

6 hours ago, WaterLeaf said:

Interesting, I may have been outdated for a bit. Does the 2.5 to 5 month part goes for all centers or just the NBC (National Benefit Center?)

NBC processes all I-765 applications that are based on the first row of the following page: https://www.uscis.gov/i-485-addresses Thus, NBC is the relevant timeline to check: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, JOOK. said:

Hi!

I really want to have SSN here. I didn't know I could get SSN with I-94 (I was stupid :crying: . It's already expired).

I found information that I can receive SSN if I have the EAD.

USCIS received my Form I-764(Application for Employment Authorization) on May 9, 2019.

Is there anyone who knows when I'll be able to receive it?

thank you :) 

Hello

ww filed in March got EAD/AP combo card and SS end of July. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, Cheschirecat said:

Hello

Hi, @Cheschirecat

Wow! Congratulation! Thank you so much for giving me the info :) !!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
13 hours ago, Cheschirecat said:

Hello

You means you got those altogether since july?

Timeline
12 hours ago, D and P said:

You means you got those altogether since july?

Packet received by USCIS 3/25 

approval received 7/30 for EAD 

correction: came in Mail to our house 8/3 EAD/AP combo card. SS around 3 days later. Case is ready to be scheduled fir interview as of 7/31 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Cheschirecat said:

Packet received by USCIS 3/25 

approval received 7/30 for EAD 

correction: came in Mail to our house 8/3 EAD/AP combo card. SS around 3 days later. Case is ready to be scheduled fir interview as of 7/31 

Wow , congrats for you. Could I know about your ssn? Was it a new card you tick in the I- 765? Because I request new one either, but never arrive.

PS. I had old one since I first arrived here.

Timeline
7 hours ago, D and P said:

Wow , congrats for you. Could I know about your ssn? Was it a new card you tick in the I- 765? Because I request new one either, but never arrive.

PS. I had old one since I first arrived here.

We are B2 to AOS, so on the form I-765 for employment it asked if he wanted to also apply for SSN, so he marked yes and it was sent too. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, HRQX said:

Are you expecting a new SS card with new married name?

Yes, the old ssn is in single name. That is why I want to know about the new in married name. Is it always on the way after Combo card or never?

7 minutes ago, D and P said:

Yes, the old ssn is in single name. That is why I want to know about the new in married name. Is it always on the way after Combo card or never?

USCIS might forward your request to SSA; sometimes they don't forward it. You can always walk-in to your local SSA office with your EAD and submit a SS-5: https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ss-5.pdf

For clarity, there is not a "new SSN". There is a new card, but the SSN is issued for life.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.