26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good day Vj I and my wife have been married since December 2016 and she left for the states January 2017 but due to the nature of her job she’s not been able to visit cause of training and deployments (us army) and my ir1 interview is slated for August 28th I just want to know if it might be a problem that she hasn’t visited since January 2017, thank you for your response 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Kunle and rita said:

Good day Vj I and my wife have been married since December 2016 and she left for the states January 2017 but due to the nature of her job she’s not been able to visit cause of training and deployments (us army) and my ir1 interview is slated for August 28th I just want to know if it might be a problem that she hasn’t visited since January 2017, thank you for your response 

It could be an issue.......It appears, you haven't been together since immediately after you were married almost 3 years ago........Hasn't your wife been allowed official military leave in 3 years?   

Have many total visits has she made since you met?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

Unfortunately, you are lacking in the best evidence you can provide.......evidence of time actually spent together.......I would expect heavy scrutiny.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, missileman said:

It could be an issue.......It appears, you haven't been together since immediately after you were married almost 3 years ago........Hasn't your wife been allowed official military leave in 3 years?   

Have many total visits has she made since you met?

We met 2006 and she left for the states 2012 she has visited about 4 times and even the year we got married she visited twice once in March and the other November and she stayed till January 2017 but she had to go back cause she just enrolled to join the army so she went for boot camp immediately she got back and also the A school that took about a year and she became a citizen April 2018 and since then she’s been on one training or the other and deployments too that’s why 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kunle and rita said:

We met 2006 and she left for the states 2012 she has visited about 4 times and even the year we got married she visited twice once in March and the other November and she stayed till January 2017 but she had to go back cause she just enrolled to join the army so she went for boot camp immediately she got back and also the A school that took about a year and she became a citizen April 2018 and since then she’s been on one training or the other and deployments too that’s why 

This reason is not a good excuse. The boot camp only about 3-6 months, and even deploy she still got about a month for vacation( not included holidays). Also, Nigeria is a high risk country. My advise for you: ask your spouse give you another visit, or arranged her stuff to attend the interview with you. I know some Embassy not allow petitioner go for the interview, but you can carry her passport and let her wait outside.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Kunle and rita said:

I was in the military for more than 20 years.......I know that she had breaks in training and time between deployments when she could have visited...........I see issues proving a bona fide marriage.......hopefully, I'm wrong......but you will need a LOT of STRONG evidence, imo....Nigeria is considered a high fraud country.....which adds to your difficulty.

Edited by missileman

Timeline
18 minutes ago, missileman said:

I was in the military for more than 20 years.......I know that she had breaks in training and time between deployments when she could have visited...........I see issues proving a bona fide marriage.......hopefully, I'm wrong......but you will need a LOT of STRONG evidence, imo....Nigeria is considered a high fraud country.....which adds to your difficulty.

What do you advise pls?

22 minutes ago, H&T said:

This reason is not a good excuse. The boot camp only about 3-6 months, and even deploy she still got about a month for vacation( not included holidays). Also, Nigeria is a high risk country. My advise for you: ask your spouse give you another visit, or arranged her stuff to attend the interview with you. I know some Embassy not allow petitioner go for the interview, but you can carry her passport and let her wait outside.

If I’m able to get her here before the interview we should be fine right ?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kunle and rita said:

What do you advise pls?

If I’m able to get her here before the interview we should be fine right ?

The question is: Based on all the evidence, will a Consulate Officer see this as a bona fide marriage?

Unfortunately, it is a little late in the game to produce a lot of new quality evidence.......has your wife added you to her insurance, etc.?  Other legal documents which were produced after your marriage?  Do you have records of your constant communication since the marriage?  In my opinion, she needs to be there for your interview.........what I think doesn't really matter.......the decision belongs to the consulate officer........good luck.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, missileman said:

The question is: Based on all the evidence, will a Consulate Officer see this as a bona fide marriage?

Unfortunately, it is a little late in the game to produce a lot of new quality evidence.......has your wife added you to her insurance, etc.?  Other legal documents which were produced after your marriage?  Do you have records of your constant communication since the marriage?  In my opinion, she needs to be there for your interview.........what I think doesn't really matter.......the decision belongs to the consulate officer........good luck.

Yes I’m in her insurance and also she files tax return as married too and also she added me to the army readiness group and all of that

Timeline
Just now, Kunle and rita said:

Yes I’m in her insurance and also she files tax return as married too and also she added me to the army readiness group and all of that

That's good........Take that evidence with you.

Timeline
8 hours ago, missileman said:

8 hours ago, missileman said:

Ok thank you that’s a relief I really appreciate your help 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Kunle. You don't have any problem. I know about a guy who after his court marriage didn't visit his wife for about 4 years. I mean throughout the time his wife was in Nigeria, he didn't visit. He only came for the court marriage and never showed up again until his wife was granted a visa. His reason was that he would bring his wife after had secured his citizenship. His wife only showed bank statements of account, pictures and emails.

Edited by vctrokoye

Timeline
4 hours ago, vctrokoye said:

Hi Kunle. You don't have any problem. I know about a guy who after his court marriage didn't visit his wife for about 4 years. I mean throughout the time his wife was in Nigeria, he didn't visit. He only came for the court marriage and never showed up again until his wife was granted a visa. His reason was that he would bring his wife after had secured his citizenship. His wife only showed bank statements of account, pictures and emails.

God bless you Boss thanks a lot 

Timeline
5 hours ago, vctrokoye said:

Using extreme cases to compare this situation is very unwise.....obtaining a visa after no visits in 4 years would be extremely unlikely.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.