Jump to content

26 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Good day Vj I and my wife have been married since December 2016 and she left for the states January 2017 but due to the nature of her job she’s not been able to visit cause of training and deployments (us army) and my ir1 interview is slated for August 28th I just want to know if it might be a problem that she hasn’t visited since January 2017, thank you for your response 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kunle and rita said:

Good day Vj I and my wife have been married since December 2016 and she left for the states January 2017 but due to the nature of her job she’s not been able to visit cause of training and deployments (us army) and my ir1 interview is slated for August 28th I just want to know if it might be a problem that she hasn’t visited since January 2017, thank you for your response 

It could be an issue.......It appears, you haven't been together since immediately after you were married almost 3 years ago........Hasn't your wife been allowed official military leave in 3 years?   

Have many total visits has she made since you met?


                    "What I am to be, I am now becoming"-  Benjamin Franklin     

   :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, you are lacking in the best evidence you can provide.......evidence of time actually spent together.......I would expect heavy scrutiny.


                    "What I am to be, I am now becoming"-  Benjamin Franklin     

   :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, missileman said:

It could be an issue.......It appears, you haven't been together since immediately after you were married almost 3 years ago........Hasn't your wife been allowed official military leave in 3 years?   

Have many total visits has she made since you met?

We met 2006 and she left for the states 2012 she has visited about 4 times and even the year we got married she visited twice once in March and the other November and she stayed till January 2017 but she had to go back cause she just enrolled to join the army so she went for boot camp immediately she got back and also the A school that took about a year and she became a citizen April 2018 and since then she’s been on one training or the other and deployments too that’s why 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kunle and rita said:

We met 2006 and she left for the states 2012 she has visited about 4 times and even the year we got married she visited twice once in March and the other November and she stayed till January 2017 but she had to go back cause she just enrolled to join the army so she went for boot camp immediately she got back and also the A school that took about a year and she became a citizen April 2018 and since then she’s been on one training or the other and deployments too that’s why 

This reason is not a good excuse. The boot camp only about 3-6 months, and even deploy she still got about a month for vacation( not included holidays). Also, Nigeria is a high risk country. My advise for you: ask your spouse give you another visit, or arranged her stuff to attend the interview with you. I know some Embassy not allow petitioner go for the interview, but you can carry her passport and let her wait outside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Kunle and rita said:

We met 2006 and she left for the states 2012 she has visited about 4 times and even the year we got married she visited twice once in March and the other November and she stayed till January 2017 but she had to go back cause she just enrolled to join the army so she went for boot camp immediately she got back and also the A school that took about a year and she became a citizen April 2018 and since then she’s been on one training or the other and deployments too that’s why 

I was in the military for more than 20 years.......I know that she had breaks in training and time between deployments when she could have visited...........I see issues proving a bona fide marriage.......hopefully, I'm wrong......but you will need a LOT of STRONG evidence, imo....Nigeria is considered a high fraud country.....which adds to your difficulty.

Edited by missileman

                    "What I am to be, I am now becoming"-  Benjamin Franklin     

   :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, missileman said:

I was in the military for more than 20 years.......I know that she had breaks in training and time between deployments when she could have visited...........I see issues proving a bona fide marriage.......hopefully, I'm wrong......but you will need a LOT of STRONG evidence, imo....Nigeria is considered a high fraud country.....which adds to your difficulty.

What do you advise pls?

22 minutes ago, H&T said:

This reason is not a good excuse. The boot camp only about 3-6 months, and even deploy she still got about a month for vacation( not included holidays). Also, Nigeria is a high risk country. My advise for you: ask your spouse give you another visit, or arranged her stuff to attend the interview with you. I know some Embassy not allow petitioner go for the interview, but you can carry her passport and let her wait outside.

If I’m able to get her here before the interview we should be fine right ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kunle and rita said:

What do you advise pls?

If I’m able to get her here before the interview we should be fine right ?

The question is: Based on all the evidence, will a Consulate Officer see this as a bona fide marriage?

Unfortunately, it is a little late in the game to produce a lot of new quality evidence.......has your wife added you to her insurance, etc.?  Other legal documents which were produced after your marriage?  Do you have records of your constant communication since the marriage?  In my opinion, she needs to be there for your interview.........what I think doesn't really matter.......the decision belongs to the consulate officer........good luck.


                    "What I am to be, I am now becoming"-  Benjamin Franklin     

   :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, missileman said:

The question is: Based on all the evidence, will a Consulate Officer see this as a bona fide marriage?

Unfortunately, it is a little late in the game to produce a lot of new quality evidence.......has your wife added you to her insurance, etc.?  Other legal documents which were produced after your marriage?  Do you have records of your constant communication since the marriage?  In my opinion, she needs to be there for your interview.........what I think doesn't really matter.......the decision belongs to the consulate officer........good luck.

Yes I’m in her insurance and also she files tax return as married too and also she added me to the army readiness group and all of that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kunle and rita said:

Yes I’m in her insurance and also she files tax return as married too and also she added me to the army readiness group and all of that

That's good........Take that evidence with you.


                    "What I am to be, I am now becoming"-  Benjamin Franklin     

   :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi Kunle. You don't have any problem. I know about a guy who after his court marriage didn't visit his wife for about 4 years. I mean throughout the time his wife was in Nigeria, he didn't visit. He only came for the court marriage and never showed up again until his wife was granted a visa. His reason was that he would bring his wife after had secured his citizenship. His wife only showed bank statements of account, pictures and emails.

Edited by vctrokoye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vctrokoye said:

Hi Kunle. You don't have any problem. I know about a guy who after his court marriage didn't visit his wife for about 4 years. I mean throughout the time his wife was in Nigeria, he didn't visit. He only came for the court marriage and never showed up again until his wife was granted a visa. His reason was that he would bring his wife after had secured his citizenship. His wife only showed bank statements of account, pictures and emails.

God bless you Boss thanks a lot 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vctrokoye said:

Hi Kunle. You don't have any problem. I know about a guy who after his court marriage didn't visit his wife for about 4 years. I mean throughout the time his wife was in Nigeria, he didn't visit. He only came for the court marriage and never showed up again until his wife was granted a visa. His reason was that he would bring his wife after had secured his citizenship. His wife only showed bank statements of account, pictures and emails.

Using extreme cases to compare this situation is very unwise.....obtaining a visa after no visits in 4 years would be extremely unlikely.....


                    "What I am to be, I am now becoming"-  Benjamin Franklin     

   :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...