2,946 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, luminarc said:

How did you notarize the text messages, i have screenshot of text messages he sent me. 

I printed all the text from my phone and at my lawyer office, the person who does the paper work translations is also a State Public Notary, she made the text translation and stamp it with the Notary Public stamp. (maybe because it was a translation).  At the bottom said I_________________ notary public name Certify that this an accurate translation of the original document, I certify that I have the ability to translate any document from Spanish to English, and English to Spanish.... along with the Notary public Stamp which contains Notary Public ID #

Edited by FeDaniela

22 hours ago, Cameron.xyz said:

Hi I filed my VAWA on October 2017.............. and not yet approved.  I only having work permits to work...... Has anybody here the same situation as with me????

I am getiing very worried now:(

Did you get your work permit through VAWA? 

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline

Does anyone know how to get a copy of Divorce Decree? My ex got the divorce done but wouldn't send me a copy and I do not know which city or state she resides in where she got it done. How do I get a copy??

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, bold said:

Does anyone know how to get a copy of Divorce Decree? My ex got the divorce done but wouldn't send me a copy and I do not know which city or state she resides in where she got it done. How do I get a copy??

I will also listen to what will be answered.
My divorce lawyer is not responding to me. How can I get this document.
There was no divorce, but will be soon. In general, I need this document to be sent to my country.
I have a court address. And if no one answers, I will write to the court and find out ...
Perhaps you should know in which court the divorce proceedings were in order to call or write there (to them)

8 minutes ago, bold said:

I recommend you to search at county clerk in same city you last lived with your ex spouse to see if it was filed there, last resource will be online search for the divorce decree.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
54 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

At the bottom said I_________________ notary public name Certify that this an accurate translation of the original document, I certify that I have the ability to translate any document from Spanish to English, and English to Spanish.... along with the Notary public Stamp which contains Notary Public ID #

In most if not all states, it's a severe breach of ethics (if not illegal) to notarize one's own statements.

The notary simply could have put the "translation certification" statement and signed it.

If notarization were then required, the notary could have signed it in front of a colleague, who would then stamp it.

Unless rules governing Notaries Public are different in your state, this person -- working in a lawyer's office, no less! -- should certainly have known better.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
27 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

I recommend you to search at county clerk in same city you last lived with your ex spouse to see if it was filed there, last resource will be online search for the divorce decree.

There is non in the last county we both lived in. Searched online but couldn't find any specific website that does that

8 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

In most if not all states, it's a severe breach of ethics (if not illegal) to notarize one's own statements.

The notary simply could have put the "translation certification" statement and signed it.

If notarization were then required, the notary could have signed it in front of a colleague, who would then stamp it.

Unless rules governing Notaries Public are different in your state, this person -- working in a lawyer's office, no less! -- should certainly have known better.

Don't know if it was required for the translation to be notarized or it was stamp to give faith the translation was on true of mine text statement. My lawyer does not to do translation or notarization is another person.... but i will certain ask the notary public, but i don't know much about notary public ruling... 

Edited by FeDaniela

1 hour ago, Iceman1 said:

Did you get your work permit through VAWA? 

I got my first work permit because then my husband filed my petition.  But I divorce him because of the abusive way. So the work permit did not work after i divorced him. Then now, I file for VAWA I get my work permit again it was activated because they approve my i765 thru VAWA. 

Guys............ see I see it clearly now please let me make clarifications.  I filed my VAWA i360 first in JUne 2017. Then I got the prima facie then.  But then I know after that i could file my i485 and i765 concurrently because my husband was US citizen.  So my notice for my VAWA i360 is June 2017, and my notice of USCIS receiving i485 is October 2017.............. Still...........it is a long time now. I read that each person is a different case and I am just happy i have work permits to work.  I will keep praying............ thank you for listening......... I have no lawyer to ask sometimes and I am very confused sometimes................

5 minutes ago, Cameron.xyz said:

Guys............ see I see it clearly now please let me make clarifications.  I filed my VAWA i360 first in JUne 2017. Then I got the prima facie then.  But then I know after that i could file my i485 and i765 concurrently because my husband was US citizen.  So my notice for my VAWA i360 is June 2017, and my notice of USCIS receiving i485 is October 2017.............. Still...........it is a long time now. I read that each person is a different case and I am just happy i have work permits to work.  I will keep praying............ thank you for listening......... I have no lawyer to ask sometimes and I am very confused sometimes................

If you file I-360 on June 2017 your case is out of processing time, contacted your congress person to inquired to Vermont service Center about your case... and also raise a service request online. https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt here is the link. 

7 minutes ago, Cameron.xyz said:

Oh I see too! It's been a while though...let's pray you get the approval anytime soon...but like I told you earlier some folks who filed way before you are still waiting...also you can ask your congressman to enquire..I really do hope you do not get any RFE! Whenever you run into confusion..you can ask questions here!😊👍

48 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

If you file I-360 on June 2017 your case is out of processing time, contacted your congress person to inquired to Vermont service Center about your case... and also raise a service request online. https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt here is the link. 

Hi......... thank you very much.... :) I submitted the request and it is said there I will receive a reply on Oct 12...............

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, Cameron.xyz said:

Hello how are you? It’s ok I understand you, we are all here for each other..  just try to get more familiar with the whole thing so that NCAAW you are asked a question u would be able to answer rightly, that would have other people you to be able to give u a perfect guild on what to do, you are blessed 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.