2,946 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
5 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

My attorney said I can file for another EAD with c09 but it does not require him to give me another g28. is that so? 

I do not think you need another g28 saying he is your attny since you already have him on file as your attny. File the c09 765 asap. Once you get the NOA for it ask for an expedite. The easiest way to do this is to go to your local congressperson and ask for help. You must also have biometrics done to get the expedite. So if you havent had biometrics recently for any form you will have to wait until after you get NOA and biometrics done. You may also be able to get an early walk-in for biometrics. 

18 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

I do not think you need another g28 saying he is your attny since you already have him on file as your attny. File the c09 765 asap. Once you get the NOA for it ask for an expedite. The easiest way to do this is to go to your local congressperson and ask for help. You must also have biometrics done to get the expedite. So if you havent had biometrics recently for any form you will have to wait until after you get NOA and biometrics done. You may also be able to get an early walk-in for biometrics. 

yes i will submit my application tomorrow. for biometrics, last time they used previous ead biometrics. i am not sure if i have to do it this time or no. Another question, so the NOA''s will come to my address or my attorney's address? 

Filed: Timeline
3 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

yes i will submit my application tomorrow. for biometrics, last time they used previous ead biometrics. i am not sure if i have to do it this time or no. Another question, so the NOA''s will come to my address or my attorney's address? 

Biometrics are suppose to be good for 15 months. Hopefully yours will still be good! The NOA should go to your attny. Let them know you will need it as soon as they get it and will be going to your local congressperson for the expedite. Research who that is. Many times they have a website and you can download the release forms they need to help you ahead of time. Also check out this thread - 

It is people who are trying to expedite through phone/fax. Again the congressperson route is best for you but check out the accepted proofs people sent that got approved. You would most likely be claiming financial hardship/job offer and want to send appropriate proof- job letter/bank statements etc.

9 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

It will go to your lawyer address that the safe address Vermont has on file,  they usually forward everything to your attorneys address. 

14 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

I actually introduced her to the forum and explained her situation. She has issues with language which adds complication to her process. 

And yes, it is against TOS to tell people not to post but please be advised this VAWA thread is a special thread for victims of abuse. The mods are VERY protective here and do not allow negative commentary about the VAWA process to be posted nor badgering of the users who post here. 

Thanks for this😊👍

23 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

If he is not giving you the g28..he is probably saying it's fine to do it by yourself...well do it by yourself dear..you'll probably do it much better!💁

😂 

that cracked me up ... as funny as it may sound - but it’s true “ we may do it much better than the attorney who screwed things up “ 

My attorney screwed my original 485 forms - and when confronted said - fix them at the interview!!!

shroy - read the forms well 

sign with ink pen 

and it’s up to you but I would include a filing fee check ( for just in case ) 

make sure you send every thing including your vawa form ; receipt notices of 485 c09 EAD , the rejection letter etc 

almost everything 

and write a detailed cover letter 

good luck 

it’s just a matter of few months and soon your EAD will be there ...

1 minute ago, Screecher said:

😂

that cracked me up ... as funny as it may sound - but it’s true “ we may do it much better than the attorney who screwed things up “ 

My attorney screwed my original 485 forms - and when confronted said - fix them at the interview!!!

shroy - read the forms well 

sign with ink pen 

and it’s up to you but I would include a filing fee check ( for just in case ) 

make sure you send every thing including your vawa form ; receipt notices of 485 c09 EAD , the rejection letter etc 

almost everything 

and write a detailed cover letter 

good luck 

it’s just a matter of few months and soon your EAD will be there ...

Lol😂😂😂 and yeah exactly! patience..it will arrive!👍 I'm waiting for my interview to correct a few biographical info..incorrectly imputed by attorney! I guess the interview is where it all clears out!😏

16 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Lol😂😂😂 and yeah exactly! patience..it will arrive!👍 I'm waiting for my interview to correct a few biographical info..incorrectly imputed by attorney! I guess the interview is where it all clears out!😏

About this: mistakes on I485, I unfortunately didn’t receive the form from the attorney prior to submitting so only recently I noted a couple on mistakes on it. When I brought it up to her attention and asked if we should just leave this for the time of interview and she said she will be sending list of amendments. They are not material changes to the application, but ministerial changes, thus should not affect review of application. Anyone else had to deal with it?

and another question that I have, what evidence USCIS may be asking for prior to scheduling the interview besides the biometric renewal? Thanks.

4 hours ago, portorusa said:

For how long were you married to him before you left? Do you have a conditional green card? And why were you scared...did he abuse you? Or your child?

The length of the marriage is irrelevant. I learned from my counselor that on average, a woman will leave an abusive relationship 7 times before she leaves for good but it's not always the case because it usually escalates. Some people are smart enough to leave on the first or second instance of abuse. The VAWA unit is  trained to see the pattern and knows all the statistics. Some people are smart enough to leave before they end up with a major injury or before they completely lose their dignity and self respect waiting for the person who is supposed to take care and love them to treat them better. 

8 minutes ago, flyup123 said:

About this: mistakes on I485, I unfortunately didn’t receive the form from the attorney prior to submitting so only recently I noted a couple on mistakes on it. When I brought it up to her attention and asked if we should just leave this for the time of interview and she said she will be sending list of amendments. They are not material changes to the application, but ministerial changes, thus should not affect review of application. Anyone else had to deal with it?

and another question that I have, what evidence USCIS may be asking for prior to scheduling the interview besides the biometric renewal? Thanks.

My therapist spelt my last name wrong (switched out two letters) 😒😒 . I’ve asked my lawyer what to do he hasn’t got back

Edited by goodVibes

9 minutes ago, flyup123 said:

They sent me courtesy letter..for i693 to update my medicals! Most people receive this RFE prior to interview! So you may likely get it as well...and yeah those errors on the i485 does not adversely affect the adjudication of the petition! We're good!😀🙌👍

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, portorusa said:

In this topic the questions like that are relevant. I was trying to determine if she had a chance to file I360 from Russia. 

Looks like she has little to zero chances though... 

People assume that abuse is just physical, but extreme cruelty is ground for VAWA as well, the person has to prove a  pattern of humiliation and/or degradation, isolation,threats etc,  and if she has  a diagnosis of depression and/or PTSD due to the abuse suffered she will be able to prove extreme cruelty. How long she lived with her husband  is irrelevant to the USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.