2,946 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
45 minutes ago, bold said:

On my own. Sandra was advising me online and she looked through my write-ups and documents. She lives in a different city from me

I am in Chicago area so if need help with questions regarding Vawa or like referral for therapy, psychiatrist I do have referrals to pass at low cost. Don’t hesitate to message me.

2 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

So I just stepped outside my house to get my mails..behold a letter from Commissioner of jurors office saying I am required by law to fill out the form for a prospective juror service..and that my name was selected at random!!!😳 ok my question is..who's gonna tell these people that I'm not a U.S. citizen..and I'm just a poor country girl waiting to get her interview in peace!😭😭😥😥 I prefer to be left alone! I don't wanna be a juror!!! HELP!!!😞

They typically pull jurors from various residence lists/databases, voting registration roles, and/or DMV. It varies which sources they use. Just mark that you're not a US citizen and you should be excused (and obviously never claim to be a US citizen if you are not one...that's an unwaivable permanent bar).

In ~2013, California almost passed a law to let non-citizens serve as jurors for cases within their jurisdiction (not federal cases).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

3 minutes ago, geowrian said:

They typically pull jurors from various residence lists/databases, voting registration roles, and/or DMV. It varies which sources they use. Just mark that you're not a US citizen and you should be excused (and obviously never claim to be a US citizen if you are not one...that's an unwaivable permanent bar).

In ~2013, California almost passed a law to let non-citizens serve as jurors for cases within their jurisdiction (not federal cases).

Alright got you!👍 thanks!

12 minutes ago, geowrian said:

@geowrian are you in California. I’m in Stockton, CA. 

6 minutes ago, Dordor1 said:

@geowrian are you in California. I’m in Stockton, CA. 

No, sorry. I'm in PA.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey guys,

should I add my marriageI-485 receipt and I-130 receipt to my Vawa package and submit them ? 

And should i include my birth and passport bio page to the vawa application? 

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

I am in Chicago area so if need help with questions regarding Vawa or like referral for therapy, psychiatrist I do have referrals to pass at low cost. Don’t hesitate to message me.

I moved out of Chicago, I live in Wisconsin now and I have me Green Card but thanks for the offer.

3 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

So I just stepped outside my house to get my mails..behold a letter from Commissioner of jurors office saying I am required by law to fill out the form for a prospective juror service..and that my name was selected at random!!!😳 ok my question is..who's gonna tell these people that I'm not a U.S. citizen..and I'm just a poor country girl waiting to get her interview in peace!😭😭😥😥 I prefer to be left alone! I don't wanna be a juror!!! HELP!!!😞

Believe me... It is GOOD Luck.... I have gotten one of those letters and  freaked out 🥴... arrived when I had to renew my driver license, just the day before the jury duty, I’ve filled out everything online... of course checking the “I am not a citizen” 😕

Guess what??? I’ve gotten my DL for 5 years!!!! Instead of 1 year as before 😃 

I am sure, it’s a good sign!!

5 hours ago, Dordor1 said:

Which state do you reside in and filed? I’m in Stockton, California. Anyone out here in Cali? I feel so alone. 

Here I am!!!! SF Bay Area 

November 2017 filler

VAWA approved May 2019

waiting for interview 🙂 

Could you share your timeline???

3 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I think somewhere in their system the Officer marked you already as a citizen, they only need to call you to the interview out of courtesy 😂😂😂 

It’s coming hon, you are close 😘

15 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp Nov17 said:

Here I am!!!! SF Bay Area 

November 2017 filler

VAWA approved May 2019

waiting for interview 🙂 

Could you share your timeline???

Have none to share yet hon, lol. Just gathering the evidences to file but I am hesitant to submit an affidavit without it being reviewed first.

2 minutes ago, Dordor1 said:

Close enough, lol. What’s your timeline? Any advice on how to get my affidavit reviewed?

:) We are super close!

My lawyer filed on June 6, got an RFE on July 3, they received a response to RFE on Aug 6... waiting to hear back. I haven’t got my EAD or nothing, don’t know if that’s typical.

I don’t know if I qualify to give advice, but it  might be a good idea to arm yourself with a lawyer. 

hang in there!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.