2,946 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, bold said:

Really? Does this have to do with different states law or federal law?

Who Can Get an Authorized Certified Copy of a Birth Record?

• The registrant or a parent or legal guardian of the registrant
  • A child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, spouse or domestic partner of the registrant
  • A party entitled to receive the record as a result of a court order, or an attorney or a licensed adoption agency seeking the birth record in order to comply with the requirements of Section 3140 or 7603 of the Family Code
  • A member of a law enforcement agency or a representative of another governmental agency, as provided by law, who is conducting official business.
  • An attorney representing the registrant or the registrant's estate, or any person or agency empowered by statute or appointed by a court to act on behalf of the registrant or the registrant estate

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Who Can Get an Authorized Certified Copy of a Birth Record?

• The registrant or a parent or legal guardian of the registrant
  • A child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, spouse or domestic partner of the registrant
  • A party entitled to receive the record as a result of a court order, or an attorney or a licensed adoption agency seeking the birth record in order to comply with the requirements of Section 3140 or 7603 of the Family Code
  • A member of a law enforcement agency or a representative of another governmental agency, as provided by law, who is conducting official business.
  • An attorney representing the registrant or the registrant's estate, or any person or agency empowered by statute or appointed by a court to act on behalf of the registrant or the registrant estate

Noted. I am going to apply to get yours!

20 minutes ago, 西苑二楼 said:

I am curious too. What if the abuser's birth certificate is not accessible?

What do you mean?😁 like maybe they were born at home beside the kitchen counter...and didnt have any need to have the birth recorded? Oh!😏 that's a possibility!😂😂😂 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

What do you mean?😁 like maybe they were born at home beside the kitchen counter...and didnt have any need to have the birth recorded? Oh!😏 that's a possibility!😂😂😂 

Good Lord!!

Just now, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

LMAO!😂😂😂 get mines? Or you mean your spouse? You're beyond hilarious! And I thought I was funny! 😏

I am single DUH...VAWA remember? Getting yours.

20 minutes ago, Deserteagle said:

I don’t have other forms of proof. I can tender the I-130 receipt my spouse filed for me and attach it with a letter explaining how far I have gone in getting the birth certificate. I can state my ex spouse parents name and my spouse social security number and driver license number . Then USCIS can search their records . I can’t do FOIA that takes over 9 months 

Sure that sounds like a plan!😊👍 maybe this is one of the many reasons attorneys advice against quick divorce!..best to take things easy...easy always does it!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Cool 😎 have fun getting it!😂😂😂 we'll see!😏😏😝😝

Just as soon as you give me your name, social security, house address and phone number; i'll be good

1 minute ago, bold said:

Just as soon as you give me your name, social security, house address and phone number; i'll be good

😂😂😂 It will be easier for the cow to pass through the eye of a needle, than for you to get those details! Zipped and keys 🔑 thrown out into the Atlantic ocean!😝😝

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Sure that sounds like a plan!😊👍 maybe this is one of the many reasons attorneys advice against quick divorce!..best to take things easy...easy always does it!

Unfortunately I never wanted a divorce. My spouse used divorce as a point of quickening me because I really loved him. But, a big question I ask myself is how do you say you love someone and still hurt and threaten them ? And then come around and say you miss me after divorce . I just can’t comprehend how these people think .  

1 minute ago, Deserteagle said:

Unfortunately I never wanted a divorce. My spouse used divorce as a point of quickening me because I really loved him. But, a big question I ask myself is how do you say you love someone and still hurt and threaten them ? And then come around and say you miss me after divorce . I just can’t comprehend how these people think .  

I totally understand the situation..so cliche! I bet if you guys weren't divorced...you would have been dizzy from the merry go round he would have taken you through by now! It would just be a pattern of make up and break up! This, hurts more than anything else! It can drive you crazy! Sometimes we don't know what we got till it's gone! God's got you girl! The best is yet to come!😘👍

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I totally understand the situation..so cliche! I bet if you guys weren't divorced...you would have been dizzy from the merry go round he would have taken you through by now! It would just be a pattern of make up and break up! This, hurts more than anything else! It can drive you crazy! Sometimes we don't know what we got till it's gone! God's got you girl! The best is yet to come!😘👍

Sounds like my ex 🙄

Timeline
4 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

VAWA is for sure, and employment visa is temporary...... You and your kids need something permanent Go ahead with AOS... do not wait.... USCIS is taking time for everything and one case don't have to do with the other you have two different benefits you can use now. They will ask you on the petition if you previously have any petition file on your behalf you can mention the employment base one... 

Absolutely. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Deserteagle said:

UPDATE ;

So, after the first court told me this afternoon that it was impossible to get my ex. Spouse birth records if we were divorced, I was not discouraged. Rather, I drove all the way to another City in the State and to a much bigger Civil Court and this time didn’t say anything about divorce and I was not asked either . I payed 23 dollars with my debit card and walked out with my ex’s birth records . 

Lesson learnt; Nothing is impossible in life especially for us Vawa applicants . 

Yayyyyy! You go girl!👍🙌😁😁 happy for you! That's called determination!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.