2,946 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, HopeHope__ said:

We are in the same boat! 

tip: make a daily journal. It might be very helpful. I’m putting down everything on it. My feelings + new events related to my abuser. 

You know I was asking you earlier when you filed....didn't know you are a 2019 filer...I can't keep up with all the timelines here..pretty overwhelming! God will see y'all through!🙏👍

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
21 minutes ago, namastenyc said:

I don’t have anything, that’s why I’m worried. What the 60 days vs. 2 year validity rule? I already submitted my I-485 application back in aug 2017 and have approval. I’ve not received the courtesy letter and transfer notice yet.would I be able to get everything done in time if I were to get an interview notice? Possible to get the medical clearance within 2 days? 

The best thing I’d advise you to do is to get your vaccination record updated and in hand. 

Also, be sure to choose your civil surgeon. Some vaccinations need labs and if you’re time barred that could not work in your favor. But of course we are all hoping for the best. 

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, namastenyc said:

Thank you dear, yes, that’s s long gap in between approval notice and courtesy letter then transfer notice. I hope you get your request for interview soon and don’t have too long to wait for the interview date. NYC & Chicago wait times appear to be much longer than other places. Let’s hope for the best and I believe a positive outcome is in store for everyone here. 

@namastenyc sorry it was a typo my case was transferred September 25th 2018

10 minutes ago, namastenyc said:

In that case, since the document will be valid for up to 2 years and taking into consideration the fact that I filed my case in August 2017 and I was approved in March 2019, I’ll take a chance and schedule my appt for Nov 2019. This way I would have some leeway in case the interview time takes longer and my medical exam paperwork would be current till November 2021. 

2D994ECA-AFA3-49B8-B284-37ECC9BBFA0C.png

You could do that!..so what I really wanna understand is..was it the card production you got in March or the actual approval? Mine was card production in March and approved update in April!😏

8 minutes ago, Strife said:

The best thing I’d advise you to do is to get your vaccination record updated and in hand. 

Also, be sure to choose your civil surgeon. Some vaccinations need labs and if you’re time barred that could not work in your favor. But of course we are all hoping for the best. 

Yes, that’s why I’m going to schedule an appt in advance as I don’t have any immunization records with me abd like you said, for some of these tests, it takes time for the results to come back and get the medical clearance. 

I’ll shortlist the doctors who have affordable and have positive reviews near me. I’m thinking about scheduling an appt in Nov 2019 so that’s it’s out of the way and I won’t have to stress about it later on. 

15 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You could do that!..so what I really wanna understand is..was it the card production you got in March or the actual approval? Mine was card production in March and approved update in April!😏

Mine was pretty much back to back. Both in March, I believe. I have to apply for an EAD renewal soon as it’s due to expire in feb 2020.  

At one point, you get so caught up and tense when you don’t receive any updates or hear news, so, you just leave in the back burner. It was only after I checked my status online randomly one weekend I found out  that my case was approved. Then, the paralegal contacted me a few days later saying she has the approval and EAD card for me. 

Lol it’s been a long journey... 

Edited by namastenyc

12 minutes ago, namastenyc said:

Mine was pretty much back to back. Both in March, I believe. I have to apply for an EAD renewal soon as it’s due to expire in feb 2020.  

At one point, you get so caught up and tense when you don’t receive any updates or hear news, so, you just leave in the back burner. It was only after I checked my status online randomly one weekend I found out  that my case was approved. Then, the paralegal contacted me a few days later saying she has the approval and EAD card for me. 

Lol it’s been a long journey... 

Yeah it definitely has been a very long journey! I can only pray we get our interviews real soon!🙏 so all of this would be behind us 4ever!😊

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, 西苑二楼 said:

Is USCIS online not working again?

No! It has been on and off for the last 2 weeks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Remember that average timeline after Vawa Approval for Interview is between 8-10 months average.

I got mine after 9.5 months others I had seen are about 7-10 months seldom 5 months 

20 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Yeah it definitely has been a very long journey! I can only pray we get our interviews real soon!🙏 so all of this would be behind us 4ever!😊

@Stillwinning!!!😊 Oh yes, I forget to mention that this all happened on the same week that my ex & his attorney  threatened to put me on the ICE list and tell the judge that I’ll be deported (in spite of no criminal history/clean records etc), it was as if by some great miracle, someone at the USCIS Vermont office decided to give me a break. 

I’ll remain thankful to that IO in Vermont. That really caused a switch in my brain and changed my mindset for the better during a very, very challenging time in my life. 

Edited by namastenyc

14 minutes ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

Remember that average timeline after Vawa Approval for Interview is between 8-10 months average.

I got mine after 9.5 months others I had seen are about 7-10 months seldom 5 months 

Honestly, at this point, I’ll be happy if I manage to get it by March 2020. I’m giving them 12 months. The main stressor was fear of rejection, but, now that I’m approved, I just have to keep an eye on processing times and make sure to renew my EAD card before it lapses. 

Edited by namastenyc

6 minutes ago, namastenyc said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 Oh yes, I forget to mention that this all happened on the same week that my ex & his attorney has threatened out me on the ICE list and tell the judge that I’ll be deported (in spite of criminal record etc), it was as if by some great miracle, someone at the USCIS Vermont office decided to give me a break. 

I’m thankful to that IO in Vermont. That really caused a switch in my brain and changed my mindset for the better during a very, very challenging time in my life. 

Oh dear! I'm truly happy for you! God is awesome! You are a winner! 🏆👏👏👏😊👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.