2,946 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
1 minute ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Sometimes it is sent automatically, other times, you have to request it! Are you receiving any benefits from it, if yes then request it from Vermont! Are you using an attorney? Then they can get it done for you!

No no benefits and I don't have an attorney..  How do you go about asking for it..  Will it be a big issue if I don't have it?  I have my work authorisation..  

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/22/2019 at 10:10 AM, AAh23 said:

Hi everyone, I’m awaiting appointment to speak with a lawyer to see if I can file a vawa self petition. I’m not sure if I’ve enough evidence as my abuse was mostly emotional and I didn’t report the physical one. I’m considering filing my petition on my own if the lawyer doesn’t take my case. Anyone filed I-360 with their spouse being a lpr I’ve been searching but most persons on here spouse are usc. 

Attend therapy ,at least 5/7 sessions and have a psychological evaluation  done.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Islanderk said:

Hello all..  I have a question..  My Prima facie is about to expire.. This month.. I filed April 2018 and I noticed that on the uscis website it's going to take much longer for vawa approval..  How do I go about getting a Prima facie extension? Do I request/apply for one? 

Just write to Vermont and ask  USCIS  to renew your prima facie and submit a copy of your prima facie.

2 minutes ago, Islanderk said:

No no benefits and I don't have an attorney..  How do you go about asking for it..  Will it be a big issue if I don't have it?  I have my work authorisation..  

Not at all! Most folks go through the whole process and are approved without it! The most important thing is your i360 receipt! It's a good thing you have your work permit! But it doesn't hurt to still have it..so you can always request it from Vermont..write to them attach a copy of your i360 receipt and the prima facie to be extended! Be sure to notarize the letter!😊👍

Timeline
8 hours ago, Sharig said:

Hi everyone! I am in the process of gathering all documents for my vawa case. Within the next month or so I will have all the documents needed and will be putting my paperwork through. I have bern in therapy and taking domestic violence classes at women in distress! My therapist said she will write a letter for me for uscis but she has never done one before. Does anyone know of a format that she can follow or a sample therapist letter or exactly what uscis is looking for in the letter? Thank you so much! 

It should be a psychological evaluation and not just a simple letter.Send me please a private  message with your name and your psychologist email and I will send him/her a sample.

Timeline
6 hours ago, silicon_valley said:

Should VAWA self-petitioner's personal statement be notarized as well?

You don’t have to notarize your affidavit but you need to mention  “under penalty of perjury “that all facts stated are true and correct”.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Deserteagle said:

I’ll do that this week and you can help me see if I have everything when I outline them here. 

You’re a kind person and I appreciate you . 

E-mail me and I will review your case but I can review just Saturday. I just came back from Spain last night and I have a lot of cases to review this week.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, sandranj said:

E-mail me and I will review your case but I can review just Saturday. I just came back from Spain last night and I have a lot of cases to review this week.

Ohh,I guess you’re the attorney here that @Stillwinning!!!😊 talked about. Sure,I’ll send you a mail on what am submitting to Vermont. Thank you so much and I appreciate this gesture . It might be small to most people but this gesture is very big to me . 

2 minutes ago, Deserteagle said:

Ohh,I guess you’re the attorney here that @Stillwinning!!!😊 talked about. Sure,I’ll send you a mail on what am submitting to Vermont. Thank you so much and I appreciate this gesture . It might be small to most people but this gesture is very big to me . 

😀😀👏👏 yeah the one and only attorney I told you about darling!😊👍 you're in good hands already!

Timeline
12 hours ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

I got my I797 Noa’s receipt for my I485 while reading I saw that my PD was not the one from my I130 instead was the date I filed my I360 application as self petitioner; I saw the I485 was granted under COA:IB6 which according to what I read  “IB6” in particular is for the spouse of a US citizen who self-petitioned under VAWA and who obtained permanent residency by doing Adjustment of Status in the US. An abused spouse of a US citizen can apply for naturalization 3 years after they become a permanent resident. Always learning something new and sharing 😊

i want to say Thank You to All for your support and if anybody ever needs my help please never hesitate to reach out.  God Bless You All and Patience is Key for this long painful process 🇺🇸💫

IB6 means that you got the green card  because you were married to a US citizen and the COA means your green card , but your classe of admission is  lB1 .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

😀😀👏👏 yeah the one and only attorney I told you about darling!😊👍 you're in good hands already!

😊😘 yes I am 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
24 minutes ago, sandranj said:

IB6 means that you got the green card  because you were married to a US citizen and the COA means your green card , but your classe of admission is  lB1 .

Thank You! You are always  to the rescue, always informing and passing your knowledge,

God Bless You 😘

I will be there next time have a summer meeting! I promise 🙋🏻‍♀️ 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, bmw535i said:

Morning everyone,

If I am going to file VAWA 485 concurrent, will the total fee be $1225?

I-360 free of charge

I-485 + biometrics $1225

I-765 I-131 free of charge

is this correct?

Yes! I paid that on 5/2017

Good Luck! Be Patient 🙌🏼🇺🇸💫

Edited by FridayGirl@69

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.