Mike&Anna

AOS interview on Friday -- evidence help!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
4 hours ago, TandSarahJane said:

Only the requirements, which are well-documented here on VJ.  Unlike the K-1 process, the AOS packet is 99% satisfying of formalities. Pay close attention to the required supporting documents for the i864 and birth/marriage certificates. Save your proof-of-relationship documentation for the GC interview, which will be after some months, as described in this thread.

Thank you so much for responding.  I appreciate the info.  Will keep our proof of relationship for the interview as you said.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We sent in the relationship evidence we had by the time we were ready to send in the application.

That included join bank account, join health insurance, and some pictures (along with some stuff that we also had from our K1).

I think it could be helpful to send it, but obviously you can't send what you don't yet have, and at most it just means the officer asks to see it at the interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 8/7/2019 at 6:57 PM, Mike&Anna said:

Hello everyone,

Our interview is coming up and yesterday I finally completed our binder to bring the day of. 

I know it's too late at this point, and I know there's really anything to be done regardless because this is all we have, but do you think our evidence will be enough?
We have:
- Marriage certificate

- Affidavit of Bona Fide Marriage that my MIL filled out

- Bank statement of shared account

- Health Insurance and Life insurance statements that state me as a beneficiary

- Pictures of our wedding

- Pictures of everyday life with friends and family

- Texts

- Facebook pages where it says we're married and every post that included us both, or that his family tagged me in/my family tagged him in

- Instagram pages

- Congrats cards from our wedding

My husband and I live with my in-laws so we don't have bills or rent together, so this is all we could gather. Will it be a problem? Anxiety is starting to creep in!

In my opinion this should be just fine. If you live with the in laws, their is nothing you can do about that. When asked of joint assets, simply give what you have. If you are asked of more, simply explain your current situation. Best of luck at the interview and try to relax! All will be fine!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Just wanted to give an update: we had the best experience possible, our officer was one of the nicest people I've ever met! She didn't look at ANYTHING we brought. :)

NOA1 - 4/11/2018 (New site 04/16/2018) 

NOA2 - 10/10/18
NVC Receive - 10/29/2018 

NVC Case Number - 11/2/2018

Case left NVC - 11/13/2018
Embassy received - 11/19/2018

Interview - 12/14/2018

VOH - 12/21/2018

Wedding - 8/01/2019

AOS sent - 2/25/2019

NOA1 - 3/15/2019

Biometrics - 4/11/2019

Interview was scheduled - 7/3/2019

Interview date - 8/9/2019 --- Approved!

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
On 8/9/2019 at 9:44 PM, PandT said:

Hi guys.  After reading your questions & the various answers, I have concerns about completing the I-485 form.  How much evidence & what type of documents should I submit with it?  We just got married & will be sending in all 3 at the same time in a couple of weeks.  Thank you for your help.

I think this thread pretty much has an all-inclusive list

43 minutes ago, Mike&Anna said:

Just wanted to give an update: we had the best experience possible, our officer was one of the nicest people I've ever met! She didn't look at ANYTHING we brought. :)

Awesome!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.