Hyuga

Is it possible to marry in USA with an ESTA and go back after in my country?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
14 hours ago, Hyuga said:

It's better we marry in second visit than first?

It doesent matter.

Never forget that a visa or ESTA just puts you on the plane. CBP can refuse you entry. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

That's what happened to me.
I came to US with a B2 visa and told CBP that I was going to get married and go back because I was working.
He was not happy and start saying that was illigal and I should have come with a K1 visa, but he didn't believe and had to check.
They took me to a room where I waited for a while, saw two families in there (one was released and the other one looked like they'd be deported). I got really anxious/nervous/etc, but I stayed calm and when it was my turn the guy in there just asked couple questions and said I could go. I visited one more time before we filed the I-130 and this is the first time I'm visiting while the I-130 is processing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sanie Butler said:

Good Day. Is it ok to travel on the B1/B2 visa, get married travel back to your home country and while the process is on still be able to travel back to the US. 

Yes. People do that all the time. There's a whole thread here on Visa Journey only about that.

On 8/7/2019 at 11:03 PM, missileman said:

Every couple has their own priorities, and each couple must decide which visa is better for their situation.

K-1
       More expensive than CR-1    
    Requires Adjustment of Status after marriage (expensive and requires a lot of paperwork)    
    Spouse can not leave the US until she/he receives approved Advance Parole (approx 5-6 months)    
    Spouse can not work until she/he receives EAD (approx 5-6 months)    
    Some people have had problems with driver licenses, Social Security cards, leases, bank account during this period    
    Spouse will not receive Green Card for many months after Adjustment of Status is filed.

CR-1

Less expensive than K-1    
    No Adjustment of Status(I-485, I-131, I-765) required.    
    Spouse can immediately travel outside the US    
    Spouse is authorized to work immediately upon arrival.    
    Spouse receives Social Security Card and Green Card within 2 or 3 weeks after entering the US    
    Opening a bank account, getting a driver's license, etc. are very easily accomplished with GC, SS card, and passport.

Spouse has legal permanent Resident status IMMEDIATELY upon entry to US.
  �

I think you forgot to mention that the CR-1 process is a bit longer at the visa stage, though all in all its shorter if you factor in the AOS.

I remember this being a reason why me and my wife were considering waiting to get married. 

A lot of people do it. I did it. They only ask for one form of ID, no SS needed and they don't mind that you're foreign. They treat you as if you were just a normal person, it's quite nice actually.

I will warn you that telling the CBP officer that youre going to get married will get you some questions. Always be truthful though. I told him I was going to see my fiancee and he simply never bothered to ask if we were getting married so I got lucky there.

Edited by ohcoffeeeyes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.