Cata&Ben

August 2019 - AOS Fillers!

1,771 posts in this topic

SO we are preparing for our Immigration Interview next week.

We had originally gotten married back in July in City hall. We held a small wedding ceremony in September with our Big wedding to come July 2020.

I didn't change my name until October 1st, 2019. We had submitted our paperwork back in August with our marriage certificate.

We found out at the Social security office in October that the date we applied for the marriage certificate was stamped July 12,th 2020 instead of July 12th 2019. SS. wouldn't accept my marriage license and we went back to City hall, they reassured us we were legally married and printed us a new marriage license. They had said they were so backlogged they haven;t filled it yet otherwise we would of had to go to court.

We never submitted the new marriage license to immigration as the date of our marriage was not changed, and everyone else had already accepted the certificate (health insurance, changing bank accounts).

We plan on bringing both marriage certificates to Immigration. Do you think this will be a problem? We didn't know how else to submit this document because we didn't get an RFE

4 hours ago, Purpose driven said:

Thank you@ Yu Q and @Calendula.....I have a lot of vaccines to get,I know I got them when I was a child but I have no proof of such and as a result of that I’m going to have to repeat them.....how much is it for the medical?

Hello

My Doctor did some test to verify what kind of vaccinations I have had, and to proceed to tell me which vaccinations I needed.  

Vaccinations and related tests are free for me, but take into consideration that it depends on your insurance company. Mind you: I had to pay for the medical examination because my insurance did not cover that visit.

Filling the I 693 part for the vaccinations by an USCIS doctor cost me 190USD but the complete medical I 693 could cost 400USD.

At least these are the prices for MA.

As other person indicated here, you could go directly to the USCIS doctor, then take the vaccinations prescription with you and get vaccinated at your medical provider or CVS or Walgreens or etc. The USCIS doctor doesnt care whether you have taken the vaccinations before  or not (😂) so you dont need to take tests and have those additional expenses.

Cata

1 hour ago, LovelyLisa89 said:

SO we are preparing for our Immigration Interview next week.

We had originally gotten married back in July in City hall. We held a small wedding ceremony in September with our Big wedding to come July 2020.

I didn't change my name until October 1st, 2019. We had submitted our paperwork back in August with our marriage certificate.

We found out at the Social security office in October that the date we applied for the marriage certificate was stamped July 12,th 2020 instead of July 12th 2019. SS. wouldn't accept my marriage license and we went back to City hall, they reassured us we were legally married and printed us a new marriage license. They had said they were so backlogged they haven;t filled it yet otherwise we would of had to go to court.

We never submitted the new marriage license to immigration as the date of our marriage was not changed, and everyone else had already accepted the certificate (health insurance, changing bank accounts).

We plan on bringing both marriage certificates to Immigration. Do you think this will be a problem? We didn't know how else to submit this document because we didn't get an RFE

Hi Lovely

I dont know the answer for your question but I think there is nothing you could do at this point, 

please dont worry about that.

I would take both documents and all the official documents indicating you are legally married.

They are public servants, they understand these mistakes happen...

Cata

6 hours ago, Calendula said:

I asked last time I called USCIS, and if the RFE is for your AOS, it doesn't put your EAD on hold.
It was a tier 1 representative.

I read a report from the accountability office in which they asked a ton of questions concerning the AOS process with USCIS.

According to the document, the oficial response by USCIS is that if there is a REF they put on hold the EAD process.

I also read somewhere that people talking to us via phone and emma are not fully acquainted with the process as USCIS people.

Cata

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Purpose driven said:

Again thank you, like me I know many of you are new to the whole process. Do you know how to go about medical?I didn’t submit it with my application and I don’t want to do it too soon for fear of it getting expired before an interview.

Hi! I did my medical (I-693 form) last Dec. 16th and completed by the civil doctor on Dec. 20th. My interview was scheduled on Feb. 06, 2020. So it's like a month. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Calendula said:

I called USCIS and now the case inquiry can take up to 30 days to process, when at first it was 7 to 10 days. Of course. I'm so tired of all of that.

Please don’t give up hope,I realize it’s a different experience for us as individuals and when you hear other’s success story one might tend to be disheartened,but remember everyone’s journey is quite different even though we are using the same platform to communicate our experiences...there’s hope for all of us just exercise a little bit more patience🙏❤️

Edited by Purpose driven

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Cata&Ben said:

Hello

My Doctor did some test to verify what kind of vaccinations I have had, and to proceed to tell me which vaccinations I needed.  

Vaccinations and related tests are free for me, but take into consideration that it depends on your insurance company. Mind you: I had to pay for the medical examination because my insurance did not cover that visit.

Filling the I 693 part for the vaccinations by an USCIS doctor cost me 190USD but the complete medical I 693 could cost 400USD.

At least these are the prices for MA.

As other person indicated here, you could go directly to the USCIS doctor, then take the vaccinations prescription with you and get vaccinated at your medical provider or CVS or Walgreens or etc. The USCIS doctor doesnt care whether you have taken the vaccinations before  or not (😂) so you dont need to take tests and have those additional expenses.

Cata

This is so very informative and I now have an understanding, it clarifies pretty much everything in this area and I’m very much appreciative of this. My only setback is I’ve only been in the country for six(6) months,I haven’t started working as I still have not receive my EAD card ,so there’s no insurance to cover certain cost, but I now have a better idea how to proceed....again thank you🙏❤️

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, Cata&Ben said:

I read a report from the accountability office in which they asked a ton of questions concerning the AOS process with USCIS.

According to the document, the oficial response by USCIS is that if there is a REF they put on hold the EAD process.

I also read somewhere that people talking to us via phone and emma are not fully acquainted with the process as USCIS people.

Cata

Whatever, at this point I'm not believing anyone anymore.

2 hours ago, Calendula said:

Whatever, at this point I'm not believing anyone anymore.

Lol, I'm honestly so done with your BS. Instead of just throwing tantrum when people do not agree with you or try to help you, maybe try to drop your attitude a little bit and be humble? Nobody owes you anything here and show some gratitude and respect, thanks. 

I remember you had an attitude when Brandon tried to help you out. People are trying to be nice and everyone has a "PERSONAL SITUATION", yet nobody else lost their . Don't bring your negative energy and toxicity to the community, nobody will appreciate it. You know, karma is an actual thing, just saying. 

Edited by Yu Q

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Yu Q said:

Lol, I'm honestly so done with your BS. Instead of just throwing tantrum when people do not agree with you or try to help you, maybe try to drop your attitude a little bit and be humble? Nobody owes you anything here and show some gratitude and respect, thanks. 

I remember you had an attitude when Brandon tried to help you out. People are trying to be nice and everyone has a "PERSONAL SITUATION", yet nobody else lost their . Don't bring your negative energy and toxicity to the community, nobody will appreciate it. You know, karma is an actual thing, just saying. 

I was not throwing shade at Cata - I also have the right to be frustrated like everyone else here who's in a stupid situation because of some incompetent mistake.
I'm still happy for everyone here whose case has been approved and I'm celebrating your achievements. I don't think that's being toxic.

I thought this was a place where we could also share the reality of our frustrations, but apparently support stops at some point. Message received.

13 hours ago, Purpose driven said:

This is so very informative and I now have an understanding, it clarifies pretty much everything in this area and I’m very much appreciative of this. My only setback is I’ve only been in the country for six(6) months,I haven’t started working as I still have not receive my EAD card ,so there’s no insurance to cover certain cost, but I now have a better idea how to proceed....again thank you🙏❤️

If you are married, your spouse can add you to his/her insurance. 

Cata

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.