K3 phased out....

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
25 minutes ago, 100518 said:

Just to try anything to be with my wife sooner..

Even if it was a 2% possibility that it would help 

The entire process is a pain and stressful af

We did it LOL.  Good luck!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

When did you do it?

2007.  We were one of the last before they essentially joined petitions and eliminated K3.

It’s free to file.  Probably won’t happen but recently the processing gap between I-130/I-129F has been spreading out (like it used to be) so who knows.

55 minutes ago, 100518 said:

Just to try anything to be with my wife sooner..

Even if it was a 2% possibility that it would help 

The entire process is a pain and stressful af

Sir, you are literally talking to a forum full of people who have had to be separated from their loved ones. We know already. If there was a faster way, this site would be the first to let you know.

With that being said, like everybody said... the K3 is a futile effort. It was a viable option back in the day when spousal visas were taking even longer than now. But you have may a better chance of hitting the local lottery than getting an approved K3.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

15 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

2007.  We were one of the last before they essentially joined petitions and eliminated K3.

It’s free to file.  Probably won’t happen but recently the processing gap between I-130/I-129F has been spreading out (like it used to be) so who knows.

That's 2007, this is 2019 the K3 is pretty much obsolete now. 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

That's 2007, this is 2019 the K3 is pretty much obsolete now. 

I watched it all go down.  Right here.  

Won a bet.  Got two approvals same day - 130/129F.  Everyone told me my 129F was dead but we somehow got stuck with the K3.  Why’d we file both?  They raised filing fees that year and 130’s backed up so bad at the service centers it took weeks just to get an NOA1.  I ended up sending the 130 form only/cancelled check as proof of filing with the 129F instead of the NOA1 which came in 60 days later and is supposed to be sent.

It was 2008 when they started discarding the 129F in favor of the 130.  Now it’s almost 100%.

Edited by Nitas_man

Timeline
23 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

It’s still a law on the books.

Problem is the petitions are processed together now so the I130 petition gets approved with the I129F and the I-130 is the one sent through for visa processing.

The purpose of K3 was to issue a non-immigrant visa to an immediate relative so they could enter the US while the I-130 was being processed.  The time difference in I130 processing was eliminated back in ‘07 or so (we got a K3 but our petitions were approved same day and somehow the I129F was forwarded instead of I130)

After 2007 the petitions were filed together and almost all K3 requests turned into CR1/IR1 visas.

FX u see anything here that suggests hope of success?  LOL

It’s free.  Let OP file.

3 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

back in 2007. 

And ever since

24 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

Sir, you are literally talking to a forum full of people who have had to be separated from their loved ones. We know already. If there was a faster way, this site would be the first to let you know.

With that being said, like everybody said... the K3 is a futile effort. It was a viable option back in the day when spousal visas were taking even longer than now. But you have may a better chance of hitting the local lottery than getting an approved K3.

I know this is a forum full of people who have been separated from their loved ones..

The man asked "why bother" I was simply giving him an answer. 

Thanks for the contrast 👍

1 minute ago, 100518 said:

I know this is a forum full of people who have been separated from their loved ones..

The man asked "why bother" I was simply giving him an answer. 

Thanks for the contrast 👍

Yes, I asked "why bother" because there were only 3 cases issued worldwide last year, 2 years ago it was 12, and the year before that it was 17. The CR1 visa is the visa you need to use unless you are living in the Philippines and need to go back to the USA to work. Then you can file for DCF.

I wouldn't try it if I were you. We had both the I-130 and I-129F approved at the same time. During that period, NVC was having issues with their website which took months to fix. We went with the K-3 route to bypass NVC  and got all the way to the interview which was approved. A few days after the successful interview we get notification that the I-130 was expedited straight to Manila embassy and that they closed the K-3. We had to set up a new interview for the CR-1 visa which was thankfully approved as well. From what I have read and through personal experience, I'd like to say that Philippine applications tend to have fast approval rates. I would just stick to the CR-1/IR-1 route.

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Marriage : July 2, 2014

March 7, 2015: I-130 Sent

March 17, 2015: I-130 NOA1 received in mail

March 17, 2015: I-129F Sent

March 28, 2015: I-129F NOA1 received in mail

April 3, 2015: I-130 updated on USCIS website to approved! awaiting hardcopy of NOA2

April 14, 2015: Case was sent to NVC

April 18, 2015: I-130 NOA2 hardcopy received in mail

April 22, 2015: Case was received by NVC

May 1, 2015: Case number assigned

May 4, 2015 : I-129F NOA2 received in mail

June 2, 2015 : Selected Agent Via Phone

June 16, 2015 : Paid AOS and IV Fees Via Mail

June 22, 2015 : Wife receives Appointment letter from Manila Embassy (I-129F)

*proceeding with K-3 Visa instead. Cannot wait for the NVC problems to resolve

June 23, 2015: Interview scheduled for July 30

July 9, 2015 : Medical Completed

July 30, 2015 : Interview Complete APPROVED!!

August 16, 2015 : Received Letter from NVC that I-130 is being expedited to Manila Embassy.

August 26, 2015 : Manila Embassy closes K3. Proceeding with CR1 again. New interview date September 16, 2015

September 16, 2015 : Interview Complete APPROVED!! ISSUED on same day. :dance:

September 23, 2015 : Visa in hand
September 29, 2015 : POE

27 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Yes, I asked "why bother" because there were only 3 cases issued worldwide last year, 2 years ago it was 12, and the year before that it was 17. The CR1 visa is the visa you need to use unless you are living in the Philippines and need to go back to the USA to work. Then you can file for DCF.

Where do you get your numbers? Just curious.. I'm sure not everyone uses Visa Journey... 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, 100518 said:

Where do you get your numbers? Just curious.. I'm sure not everyone uses Visa Journey... 

Ummm....  directly from the Department of State.  They publish stats

YMMV

Thanks everyone, got it. 

Complete waste of time to try to file for k3.

Just now, payxibka said:

Ummm....  directly from the Department of State.  They publish stats

Awesome 

39 minutes ago, 100518 said:

Link for reference in case you're curious: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics.html

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.