miles&miles

Fiance made appointment while case was still In Transit, embassy called her.

12 posts in this topic

Hello once again people of VJ! 

So, my fiance and I made the mistake of setting up an appointment for today the 29th over 2 weeks ago, seeing that most cases that shipped in the same week switched to Ready we took a shot and we scheduled (Case shipped on July 23rd ) 

Nevertheless, it didn't switch to Ready by Friday nor Today and she actually told me that the embassy called her today in the morning to corroborate if that was actually the visa that she was going for as they still didn't have the case on their system (odd because she told me that the case was physically on the embassy by Friday)

She's scared because she thinks that this was a huge mistake and that her making the appointment probably messed up the system and that this will delay things since it still hasn't switched to Ready. 

Please do not scold her or me, we learned our lesson and we will not make the same mistake twice. 

I would like to know if anyone has had experience with anything like this and what could we expect? 

Edited by miles&miles

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

I also learned a painful lesson that nothing regarding this process ever happens in the timeframe that we expect.

As an example, our case was shipped on July 8th, arrived at the embassy on July 11th, and was entered in the system on July 15th.  We were asked to email 2 documents and were told that they would respond with an interview date "as soon as they received those documents."

My expectation was that we would be able to have our interview on the 31st, she would have her visa by August 14th, we would get married on September 22nd, and live happily ever after.

2 weeks later, we still haven't received an email.  :unsure:

But to answer your question, no, I don't think that it will mess anything up.

Edited by TandClaudia
Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
24 minutes ago, miles&miles said:

So, my fiance and I made the mistake of setting up an appointment for today the 29th over 2 weeks ago, seeing that most cases that shipped in the same week switched to Ready we took a shot and we scheduled (Case shipped on July 23rd ) 

Nevertheless, it didn't switch to Ready by Friday nor Today and she actually told me that the embassy called her today in the morning to corroborate if that was actually the visa that she was going for as they still didn't have the case on their system (odd because she told me that the case was physically on the embassy by Friday)

She's scared because she thinks that this was a huge mistake and that her making the appointment probably messed up the system and that this will delay things since it still hasn't switched to Ready. 

Please do not scold her or me, we learned our lesson and we will not make the same mistake twice. 

I would like to know if anyone has had experience with anything like this and what could we expect? 

It should be fine, as long she doesn't continue to try to push the bureaucrats, they have been known to "bite" back, such as "lose" your file and  put it at the bottom of the pile. BTW, having the file physically in a large building (it could be in a file box full of other documents sitting in the corner of the mail room) is quite different than sitting on a CO's desk under other files, awaiting their particular visa process. You may want to consider backing off a bit, and letting the embassy/consulate staff do their work.....Just a thought.... :idea: 

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

5 hours ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

It should be fine, as long she doesn't continue to try to push the bureaucrats, they have been known to "bite" back, such as "lose" your file and  put it at the bottom of the pile. BTW, having the file physically in a large building (it could be in a file box full of other documents sitting in the corner of the mail room) is quite different than sitting on a CO's desk under other files, awaiting their particular visa process. You may want to consider backing off a bit, and letting the embassy/consulate staff do their work.....Just a thought.... :idea: 

Thank you everyone for the input. 

@Pitaya (火龙果) When you say that we should just let the embassy staff do their work, do you mean to say that she should wait until she receives the actual P3/instructions on how to proceed from her embassy itself or is she good to go once it says "Ready"? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
7 minutes ago, miles&miles said:

Thank you everyone for the input. 

@Pitaya (火龙果) When you say that we should just let the embassy staff do their work, do you mean to say that she should wait until she receives the actual P3/instructions on how to proceed from her embassy itself or is she good to go once it says "Ready"? 

At this stage of the process, many of the interviewing embassies/consulates have specific procedures/directions.  Can't tell where your interview will take place, your timeline is vacant. :time: Go here, https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/ determine your interview location and see about specific procedures/directions. Another source to check is the specific  Regional Forum for your interviewing embassy/consulate.

Good luck, report back on the results of your research.

Edited by Pitaya (火龙果)

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey @miles&miles so what happened with your interview? You needed to cancel and schedule a new appointment? I am just asking because I did something similar lol. However, I gave myself more than 3 days from the day the the packet is supposed to arrive at the embassy. I gave it like 10 days, so I am hoping that was okay. Anyway could you please keep us updated. Thank you.

On 7/29/2019 at 11:16 AM, miles&miles said:

She will likely need to have her medical done before the interview. How can you schedule the interview if you haven't even gotten your P3 packet yet? The medical itself takes 2 weeks to get the results. I would slow things down, wait for the P3  Instructions, and then follow the instructions that the consulate sends. This will save you much stress as you will have actual instructions versus just doing whatever you want.

UPDATE:

It seems to me that the appointment messed up with the system a little bit, and that's it. 

She's happy now because it appears as Ready and she already scheduled her interview for the 5th. 

She didn't check the system until now pretty much, so what we assume is that they could finally put it as ready after 1:30 today (her original interview date was yesterday at 1:30) after they told her to wait 24h after her interview hour for the receipt number to become available. 

Thank you folk for the input. 

Edited by miles&miles

3 hours ago, samnrong said:

She will likely need to have her medical done before the interview. How can you schedule the interview if you haven't even gotten your P3 packet yet? The medical itself takes 2 weeks to get the results. I would slow things down, wait for the P3  Instructions, and then follow the instructions that the consulate sends. This will save you much stress as you will have actual instructions versus just doing whatever you want.

We didn't just do whatever we wanted lol. Immigration is a serious matter.

The embassy is not the only source for P3's my friend. 

Everything is already done. 

Also, the medical doesn't take 2 weeks, at least not in her country lol, you shouldn't generalize, she literally got all of them done in 2 days as the results were ready by the next day, physical included,she could've even done them in the same day were she to wait a couple of hours the same day

Cheers. 

Just now, miles&miles said:

We didn't just do whatever we wanted lol. Immigration is a serious matter.

The embassy is not the only source for P3's my friend. 

Everything is already done. 

Also, the medical doesn't take 2 weeks, at least not in her country lol, you shouldn't generalize, she literally got all of them done in 2 days as the results were ready by the next day, physical included,she could've even done them in the same day were she to wait a couple of hours the same day

Cheers. 

Well to be fair, how are we not to generalize? You don't have any information in your profile or your timeline that indicates what country it is, nor did you state. : D

Glad everything worked out.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I've been waiting for my file to arrive to the embassy and expect it to arrive by the end of the week. I am able to enter the interview scheduling system online but haven't scheduled my interview yet because the only dates available so far are too soon - I have my medical next week and my embassy requires a minimum of 10 days between the medical and the interview. So waiting for more interview slots to open so that I can schedule my interview for the beginning of september.

"Life is a journey." At this moment, it's taking me to the USA to the woman I love.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.