Jump to content
Charming12

Ban from a third country- effect on US immigration? (split and merge)

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I have one related question regarding criminal background. 

Would working too many hours as a student consider as a crime? What if someone does not disclose that information to USCIS eventhough he is banned for 5 year to enter into that specific country? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
14 hours ago, Charming12 said:

I have one related question regarding criminal background. 

Would working too many hours as a student consider as a crime? What if someone does not disclose that information to USCIS eventhough he is banned for 5 year to enter into that specific country? 

Was it on a student visa? enter which country? The question is kind of vague.

 

Your best bet to get a good answer is to explain the situation fully and create a new post for it so it doesn't take away from the OP's.

 


K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/19: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

                                                                                                                                    

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                   Citizenship:

08/18/21 or after: File ROC                                                                                                                            08/18/22 or after: File for Citizenship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

Was it on a student visa? enter which country? The question is kind of vague.

 

Your best bet to get a good answer is to explain the situation fully and create a new post for it so it doesn't take away from the OP's.

 

He was on a student visa in Norway but was not detained or arrested for that matter and left Norway voluntarily but got 5 year ban to enter into Norway.

He already applied for I751 paperwork and has not disclosed that information to USCIS since he was not detained or arrested for that matter. Do you think he will have issue later when he apply for Naturalization or in process of I751?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daphne K said:

Misrepresentation means lying about/not disclosing a criminal record for example. The issue that you describe sounds nothing like misrepresentation so please relax! 😉

The night I met my now husband, I did not gather evidence of that either!

I assume you have stayed in touch in between meeting and getting married? There’s your evidence! 👍🏻

 

I have 1 question would banning from 1 country consider as a crime for USCIS for working too much as a student in 3rd country and not disclosing that information to USCIS?

Edited by Charming12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** several posts split from other threads by other members and merged here.  PLease ask questions about your own case in your own thread, and only once- doing otherwise can be considered spamming *****


Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Charming12 said:

I have 1 question would banning from 1 country consider as a crime for USCIS for working too much as a student in 3rd country 

No


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
On 6/7/2019 at 11:07 AM, Charming12 said:

He was on a student visa in Norway but was not detained or arrested for that matter and left Norway voluntarily but got 5 year ban to enter into Norway.

He already applied for I751 paperwork and has not disclosed that information to USCIS since he was not detained or arrested for that matter. Do you think he will have issue later when he apply for Naturalization or in process of I751?

Unless there is a specific question answered untruthfully, it is not an issue.  He was not arrested or detained.  I know of no question that relates to such an issue.  Looks like a non-issue to me.


Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Unless there is a specific question answered untruthfully, it is not an issue.  He was not arrested or detained.  I know of no question that relates to such an issue.  Looks like a non-issue to me.

Thank you for response. What do you mean specific question related to this? As I said earlier, he was not arrested or detained neither did possess any criminal record whatsoever and left Norway voluntarily and even informed Norwegian authorities about his plan to US before he left Norway.

On 7/27/2019 at 10:40 AM, payxibka said:

No

Thank you. Hopefully he wont have any issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, Charming12 said:

Thank you for response. What do you mean specific question related to this? As I said earlier, he was not arrested or detained neither did possess any criminal record whatsoever and left Norway voluntarily and even informed Norwegian authorities about his plan to US before he left Norway.

Thank you. Hopefully he wont have any issue

I mean I don't think you are going to see or be asked any specific question that will bring up this issue.  If you do, answer truthfully, but still no problem.


Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pushbrk said:

I mean I don't think you are going to see or be asked any specific question that will bring up this issue.  If you do, answer truthfully, but still no problem.

Agree .thank you for help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...