Regens

INTENT TO DENY I130

31 posts in this topic

Hi there! 

Canadian citizen have applied for the I130 . Husband is American. 
Received a letter today on Intent to Deny. I wanted some help making sure i understand and gather correct information if able to.

Are the Intent to deny letters, generic? Do they all come to you like this and you are left guessing what needs to be sent in if you didnt save photochop of everything? (curious) 
This is what mine said 

- Status of petitioner 

-Marriage Certificate of petitioner beneficiary 

-forms I-130A for the beneficiary 
-Termination of all prior marriages of the petitioner and beneficiary
-Photos for both the petitioner and beneficiary 

My questions 
 are the underlined. 
-How do i show status? just our marriage certificate? if so... isn't it the the same as the one underneath it?
 Was i missing something? 
-Forms I-130A --> i sent them in. odd that theyre asking for it again? Hence my question about the "automated letters"
-Photos --> We were both told that upon filing the I130 - we just pay it and send it in with paper work. Photos and proving self come later. -a lawyer.  Is this "later?" or did we mess that part up? 
I understand photos to prove relationship and passport photos out the wazoo. 

Sorry for any repetitiveness. Just want to do this right! 

Thank you!!

9 minutes ago, Regens said:

Hi there! 

Canadian citizen have applied for the I130 . Husband is American. 
Received a letter today on Intent to Deny. I wanted some help making sure i understand and gather correct information if able to.

Are the Intent to deny letters, generic? Do they all come to you like this and you are left guessing what needs to be sent in if you didnt save photochop of everything? (curious) 
This is what mine said 

- Status of petitioner 

-Marriage Certificate of petitioner beneficiary 

-forms I-130A for the beneficiary 
-Termination of all prior marriages of the petitioner and beneficiary
-Photos for both the petitioner and beneficiary 

My questions 
 are the underlined. 
-How do i show status? just our marriage certificate? if so... isn't it the the same as the one underneath it?
 Was i missing something? 
-Forms I-130A --> i sent them in. odd that theyre asking for it again? Hence my question about the "automated letters"
-Photos --> We were both told that upon filing the I130 - we just pay it and send it in with paper work. Photos and proving self come later. -a lawyer.  Is this "later?" or did we mess that part up? 
I understand photos to prove relationship and passport photos out the wazoo. 

Sorry for any repetitiveness. Just want to do this right! 

Thank you!!

Your post is difficult to understand. 

Did you not send a copy of the marriage certificate with the petition?

Did you follow the instructions when preparing your petition?  Such as for the passport style photos and divorce decrees for any prior marriages?

3 minutes ago, Regens said:

Sent in the I130 + I130a + Certificates ( I guess i forgot my divorce certificate from a previous marriage) + money $5xx-$6xx 

You really need to read and research the process a bit more.  How can they confirm that your current marriage is valid without evidence of termination of prior marriages?

Just now, Jorgedig said:

Did you follow the instructions when preparing your petition?  Such as for the passport style photos and divorce decrees for any prior marriages?

Well here's the thing. We were under the impression we were filing this right. 
We met with a lawyer. She gave us info on what to do. And HIGHLIGHTED what needs to be done FIRST , send in the first payment... and then more info from there on when they interview. 
She highlighted that all we had to do currently is... 

A. Petition to classify Status of Alien Relative for immigrant Visa (Form I130)$535
All that needed to be done, according to her was fil and pay the I130/I130a and then the process will start. DId we misunderstand her?? She said we dont worry about the $1140Adjustment of status part until the time comes... which is when she suggested to do passport photos etc. 

*This sucks*

1 minute ago, Regens said:

Well here's the thing. We were under the impression we were filing this right. 
We met with a lawyer. She gave us info on what to do. And HIGHLIGHTED what needs to be done FIRST , send in the first payment... and then more info from there on when they interview. 
She highlighted that all we had to do currently is... 

A. Petition to classify Status of Alien Relative for immigrant Visa (Form I130)$535
All that needed to be done, according to her was fil and pay the I130/I130a and then the process will start. DId we misunderstand her?? She said we dont worry about the $1140Adjustment of status part until the time comes... which is when she suggested to do passport photos etc. 

*This sucks*

Your lawyer was clueless.  Adjustment of status is for a Fiance VISA.

Read the instructions and include what it says.   It is that easy.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Just now, Regens said:

Yeah for real. Andi of course she is no where to be found either.  
Anyways, ill do this properly without someones advice i guess! haha 

The guides for the Spousal Visa here are pretty good.   Plus you can ask questions here for free.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.