MadMax101

Questions on "Snapshot" that I didn't see in online App

11 posts in this topic

I was looking over the snapshot I downloaded of my application that I submitted in June and there are a lot of questions with unchecked answers in part 12 after question 9 where you have to name the clubs you were a part of. I don't remember seeing questions 10-21 and they are blank in my snapshot. However, answers start up again at question 22. Did I somehow miss this in the online application or do others have this problem with their snapshot?

I-751 Removal of Conditions

-01/15/18 Mailed I-751

-01/18/18 Arrived at California Service Center

-01/18/18 NOA 1 Date

-01/22/18 NOA Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Post those snapshots here? Someone might be able to answer your question.

"Life is a journey." At this moment, it's taking me to the USA to the woman I love.

2 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Which form are you talking about? 

The N-400. You can download a "snapshot" which is a PDF version of the online form you filled out. I don't remember seeing this section when I was doing the online application.

Screen-Shot-2019-07-25-at-2-49-40-PM-cop

Click to see larger version:
Snapshot.jpg

I'm not sure if I should fill out the missing section and submit it as an additional document or send a letter to USCIS.

Edited by MadMax101

-01/15/18 Mailed I-751

-01/18/18 NOA 1 Date

-01/22/18 NOA Received

Generally, incomplete forms are rejected and the fee is returned. 

From the N-400 instructions:

"Any application that is not completed in accordance with these Instructions, is missing pages, or otherwise not executed in its entirety, or is not accompanied by the required initial evidence, may be rejected. 
If your Form N-400 is rejected, the application and any fees will be returned to you and you will be notified why the application is considered deficient. You may correct the deficiency and resubmit Form N-400. An application is not considered properly filed until accepted by USCIS.
Once USCIS accepts your application, we will check it for completeness. If you do not completely fill out this application, you will not establish a basis for your eligibility and USCIS may reject or deny your application."

Did USCIS accept your submission? 

1 hour ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Generally, incomplete forms are rejected and the fee is returned. 

From the N-400 instructions:

"Any application that is not completed in accordance with these Instructions, is missing pages, or otherwise not executed in its entirety, or is not accompanied by the required initial evidence, may be rejected. 
If your Form N-400 is rejected, the application and any fees will be returned to you and you will be notified why the application is considered deficient. You may correct the deficiency and resubmit Form N-400. An application is not considered properly filed until accepted by USCIS.
Once USCIS accepts your application, we will check it for completeness. If you do not completely fill out this application, you will not establish a basis for your eligibility and USCIS may reject or deny your application."

Did USCIS accept your submission? 

Yea they did and we already did our bio metric appointment. 

-01/15/18 Mailed I-751

-01/18/18 NOA 1 Date

-01/22/18 NOA Received

Then they will, most likely, send you an RFE.

If they don't, and you're scheduled for the interview, the form will be amended, as they'll ask you ALL those questions under oath. You could bring a completed form to the interview just in case. 

The worst case scenario, of course, would be being denied. 

You can contact USCIS through the account you set up when filing to ask about your options in this case. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

@MadMax101 i noticed some blank responses on my application as well when I saw the snapshot but it wasn't an issue. However, you do have a lot of questions unanswered.

The officer will most probably fill these in for you during interview :)

Wish you all the best.

On 7/26/2019 at 12:17 AM, MadMax101 said:

I was looking over the snapshot I downloaded of my application that I submitted in June and there are a lot of questions with unchecked answers in part 12 after question 9 where you have to name the clubs you were a part of. I don't remember seeing questions 10-21 and they are blank in my snapshot. However, answers start up again at question 22. Did I somehow miss this in the online application or do others have this problem with their snapshot?

Actually something similar has happened to me as well. Some of the questions were unanswered. I think it is a glitch in the system because online application system is designed in a way that it wouldn't allow you to submit the application with some unanswered questions. I wouldn't worry about it. 

• 7 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think it automatically skips some irrelevant question. For example, both the Nazi question and the selective service question don't apply for an applicant in their 30's.

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.