COMSECFOR

K1 / K2 Starting / CENOMAR issue

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey everyone.  I am projecting the start date of the 15th of August this year to start the K1/K2 process.  Did the expat thing with her for a while in the Philippines.  Not married yet.  I'm moving back to North Carolina in a few weeks (business issues to clear).  We should (should is a maybe re the Philippines), get her CENOMAR finally after nearly four years of lawyering and fees.  Haven't gotten it yet but, projecting to get it within the next 3 to 6 months.  Should I hold off on ANY of this process until she has the redribbon CENOMAR in-hand and already in the NSO database, OR can I get a jump start on this now and wait til it gets the the embassy interview / paperwork phase in Manila?  Would it complicate the process in any capacity if I jump on this now?

Thanks a bunch!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
39 minutes ago, COMSECFOR said:

Hey everyone.  I am projecting the start date of the 15th of August this year to start the K1/K2 process.  Did the expat thing with her for a while in the Philippines.  Not married yet.  I'm moving back to North Carolina in a few weeks (business issues to clear).  We should (should is a maybe re the Philippines), get her CENOMAR finally after nearly four years of lawyering and fees.  Haven't gotten it yet but, projecting to get it within the next 3 to 6 months.  Should I hold off on ANY of this process until she has the redribbon CENOMAR in-hand and already in the NSO database, OR can I get a jump start on this now and wait til it gets the the embassy interview / paperwork phase in Manila?  Would it complicate the process in any capacity if I jump on this now?

Thanks a bunch!

Your fiancee needs to be free to marry before filing the I-129F  K-1 petition.   

CENOMAR issue?  Was she married before and completed an annulment?      If married before PSA will issue a CEMAR with an annotation regarding the annulment (if that is what has been happening), not a CENOMAR

PSA replaced NSO a few years back, and the embassy doesn't request the Red Ribbon authentication anymore.    

One thought on my mind.  Why not marry your fiancee THEN file for the CR-1 spouse visa?   Definite benefits over the K-1

Better to post your questions in the Philippines forum    ;)   https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

35 minutes ago, COMSECFOR said:

Thanks a bunch!

She needs to be free to marry before you can send off the paperwork. So whenever that is the case then that is when you can file.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks y'all.  That's what I needed to know. So, the date I put on for the initial submission of the I-129f has to be post CENOMAR issued, correct? 

We should ... should have the annulment within the next six months.  It's ready but not entered into the system yet.  This has been quite the journey and tons of cash to get through it.  Don't have time to stay here for a marriage; I have to head back to NC in two weeks to handle an issue with my biz.  

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** moving from K1 to Philippines regional forum as a country specific issue ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, COMSECFOR said:

Thanks y'all.  That's what I needed to know. So, the date I put on for the initial submission of the I-129f has to be post CENOMAR issued, correct? 

We should ... should have the annulment within the next six months.  It's ready but not entered into the system yet.  This has been quite the journey and tons of cash to get through it.  Don't have time to stay here for a marriage; I have to head back to NC in two weeks to handle an issue with my biz.  

Thanks!

Yes you need the annulment to be finalized by the court and filed with PSA   ... then you can pull the trigger.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 7/24/2019 at 5:44 AM, COMSECFOR said:

Thanks!

Once she has the judgement,  and the certificate of  finality she will need to register these forms at the place she was married. There are a total of 5 certificates that she must have BEFORE PSA will process her CEMAR. Check into electronic processing once you get all 5 certificates (its not available in all provinces) but it will save boo coo time cuts it from 6 months to a month or so. DO NOT file your K1 until she is annulled and you have her CEMAR in your hand!!!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.