490 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Skyline0810 said:

Hello everyone, 

I am filing for N-400 online this August, and there is a question I am not sure what to do. For the part "Additional evidence you want to provide" (You can provide additional documents that support your application and help explain any of your responses on the application. If you want to provide additional evidence now, upload any documents below. You can also bring the documents to your naturalization interview.). What documents do I need to upload besides the evidences showing our marriage (I uploaded the our documents to the part named "Evidence about your marriage" already)? 

I appreciate your help!

I uploaded passport with us visa, marriage certificate, green card, my state ID, 5 years tax returns, our baby’s birth certificate, husband passport. You can upload any document that you believe will support your case.

9 hours ago, mily7 said:
VJ Username Filing date NOA1 Biometrics Appt RFE? Interview Oath Ceremony Field Office Filed online / paper
pic16f84 8/3/2019 8/3/2019 8/28/2019       Santa Ana Online
MikeBico   8/5/2019           Houston Online
Bryan & Luke   8/5/2019           Saint Louis Online
Rangm021 8/5/2019           Orlando Online
Udinpetot 8/2/19 8/3/19 8/8/19       New orleans Online
RedBluff 8/15/2019           Reno Online
Mily7 8/24/2019             Online
O&R 8/19/2019 8/19/2019         Montgomery, AL Online
marcomcbo 8/22/2019           Saint Louis Paper

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, marcomcbo said:

There's also this Google spreadsheet. It's probably easier to update that instead of always trying to make sure that the last table is updated:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19rv0w-Ls_-225a0AqzhsTObXb2DcT07oACpdIHhn9dE/edit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Latvia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Skyline0810 said:

Hello everyone, 

I am filing for N-400 online this August, and there is a question I am not sure what to do. For the part "Additional evidence you want to provide" (You can provide additional documents that support your application and help explain any of your responses on the application. If you want to provide additional evidence now, upload any documents below. You can also bring the documents to your naturalization interview.). What documents do I need to upload besides the evidences showing our marriage (I uploaded the our documents to the part named "Evidence about your marriage" already)? 

I appreciate your help!

I uploaded my birth certificate to show that I am from Latvia. Someone else uploaded their passport. Of course all that was submitted before for GC applications. Also, someone mentioned that the officer will have all docs ever submitted to uscis.. 

5 hours ago, momofmeli said:

I uploaded passport with us visa, marriage certificate, green card, my state ID, 5 years tax returns, our baby’s birth certificate, husband passport. You can upload any document that you believe will support your case.

Thank you!!! Now I have some ideas what to upload for my case now! 

1 hour ago, Lanala said:

I uploaded my birth certificate to show that I am from Latvia. Someone else uploaded their passport. Of course all that was submitted before for GC applications. Also, someone mentioned that the officer will have all docs ever submitted to uscis.. 

Thank you for giving some ideas what to upload. Wow, if they have all docs ever submitted to uscis, there will be a lot to store. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Latvia
Timeline
1 hour ago, madhavisri0618 said:

I submitted on the same date 8/26.

How can we see what is the field office if we submit online?

I live in Virginia.

Not sure yet.. it just says wait for 9 days. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi Everyone. I just got my I751 approved on August 14, 2019. I will be qualified to apply for N400 on September 09, 2019. I will be on a business trip abroad for 2 weeks. I already have all my supporting documents. My question is can I apply for my N400 online while I am outside of the US? Or should I wait until I come back from my trip? Anyone had a similar experience? Thanks in advance for your response.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello,

here is my timeline for N400 filing. 

08/16/2019 - N400 received by USCIS (paper filing)

08/20/2019 - NOA sent

08/24/2019 - NOA received in the mail

08/27/2019 - online status changed to "My biometrics was scheduled" 

I am waiting now to receive the biometrics letter in the mail. I will update once I get it. 

N-400 days it tomorrow for me, yay! Not gone overboard: 3 years of tax transcripts, my marriage certificate, some bank statements, joint medical coverage, joint car insurance, proof that my husband is the beneficiary of my life insurance and single-holder bank accounts. Even a few recent utility bills and upcoming travel plans just for the fun of it.

I-751 is still pending and is far more thorough so I don't think there's a huge amount of value - in my case - on going over the top. 

RoC Journey
09-04-2018 - I-751 packet sent to CSC
10-22-2018 - NOA1 date
10-31-2018 - Received NOA1 letter, LPR status extended to May 2020

07-09-2019 - Received biometrics appointment letter

07-10-2019 - Case updated again as 'Fingerprint Review Was Completed'

11-07-2019 - Case transferred to 'local' office in Lee's Summit, MO

03-05-2020 - notified that I-751 is now at the San Jose field office

10-23-2020 - attended combo I-751/N-400 interview - N-400 recommended for approval!

06-15-2021 - I-751 is approved! :)

Citizenship Journey

08-28-2019 - N-400 filed online

08-28-2019 - NOA1 and priority date (case estimate April 2020)

09-17-2019 - Biometrics appointment attended - case updated online as review complete

09-18-2019 - Case is being actively review by USCIS at the NBC

02-03-2020 - Case scheduled for interview on Super Tuesday!

02-19-2020 - USCIS cancels interview. :(

03-04-2020 - USCIS reschedules interview for 04/13/2020

03-19-2020 - USCIS cancels interview. :(
09-23-2020 - USCIS reschedules interview for 10/23/2020

10-23-2020 - attended combo I-751/N-400 interview - N-400 recommended for approval!

06-15-2021 - N-400 is approved! :)

07-10-2021 - Oath Ceremony at the San Jose field office. Now a US citizen! 🇺🇸

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/21/2019 at 2:38 PM, Alimanu said:

It is good, I just look at their requirements... 

Hi Alimanu,

I did not submit any bank and credit card statements. What evidences you have submitted?

I submitted the following

my green card

USC husbands birth certificate 

marriage certificate 

IRS return transcripts last 4 years

child birth certificate

house deed- showing both our names that we purchased in 2017

please let me know if this evidence is enough. I am little worried by seeing what others are submitting 

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.