Zoeeeeeee

What will Knightsbridge keep/what should I leave with?

14 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Sorry I’ve been so quiet over the last couple of weeks. My beloved dog had a very aggressive cancer diagnosed two weeks ago, that took his life last week. As such, for those that are aware of my plans for emigration, we’ll no longer be taking the cruise/driving and I’ll be flying instead.

I have my medical exam on Friday and will be taking with me:

•passport

•4 passport photos

•ACRO certificate 

•vaccination chart

•medical questionnaire 

•letter from embassy with case number 

•medical care summary 

•letters from consultant and GP re medical conditions (explaining when diagnosed, how managed, medication used, how they impact me, etc).

Just wanted to ask which, of the above documents, Knightsbridge will take and keep and which they’ll return to me? And what else they’ll give me to take away?

My brain is a bit scattered at the moment due to last week, so I’d really like to have written down what I should be leaving with, or I’ll likely forget something.

Thank you.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Sending love, it must be so tough especially during this process. 

Knightsbridge will keep the passport photos to attach to their own documents, and if you don't have your own copies of the police certificate and medical information they'll just scan them themselves and give them back to you. They hold on to your passport until you pay at the end. Just make sure you have everything before leaving as if it's busy you may feel rushed and don't want to leave without anything important! 

They will give you a sheet signed by the doctor to confirm whether you're signed off on the required vaccinations, or missing any. You need to hold onto this for AoS I believe. You will also be given a receipt to confirm payment, which I thought was probably best to keep hold of too. 

I am so very sorry for your loss... I know how difficult it is to lose a dog. :(

You've been offered a good overview of what you need: but the one thing you need to be sure to leave with is a properly completed DS3025 and ensure that your vaccinations are all completed either before arriving at Knightsbridge, or during Knightsbridge.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Sincere condolences, Zoe. 

For the medical I made a checklist and kept a copy in each of our document wallets to check we had everything before we left Knightsbridge. Good luck for Friday. 

4 hours ago, futurecoloradogrl said:

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Sending love, it must be so tough especially during this process. 

Knightsbridge will keep the passport photos to attach to their own documents, and if you don't have your own copies of the police certificate and medical information they'll just scan them themselves and give them back to you. They hold on to your passport until you pay at the end. Just make sure you have everything before leaving as if it's busy you may feel rushed and don't want to leave without anything important! 

They will give you a sheet signed by the doctor to confirm whether you're signed off on the required vaccinations, or missing any. You need to hold onto this for AoS I believe. You will also be given a receipt to confirm payment, which I thought was probably best to keep hold of too. 

Thank you 🙃. So it’s just the passport photos and medical questionnaire they should be keeping? And I should get everything else back, plus a signed off vaccination sheet? X

3 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

😱😟 OH NO!! So very sorry.

2 hours ago, ConnorS said:

That sucks so sorry Zoe, but yeah FCG covered all the basis pretty much, your all set!

Thanks @Wuozopo and @ConnorS - I was given a life expectancy of 3 months when he was diagnosed, so had just started preparing  myself for him probably not making the trip to America - though as the vet said, my dog had always been such a strong boy, who’d surprised them his whole life, so he may well continue to...I’d started planning how to have a special 3 months with him and then last week he began having violent seizures - it wasn’t fair to put him through anymore. It was all so sudden.

2 hours ago, yuna628 said:

I am so very sorry for your loss... I know how difficult it is to lose a dog. :(

You've been offered a good overview of what you need: but the one thing you need to be sure to leave with is a properly completed DS3025 and ensure that your vaccinations are all completed either before arriving at Knightsbridge, or during Knightsbridge.

Thank you 😢.

All vaccinations are done, except pertussis, which I’ve confirmed they have in stock, so I’ll be getting there 🙃.

59 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

Sincere condolences, Zoe. 

For the medical I made a checklist and kept a copy in each of our document wallets to check we had everything before we left Knightsbridge. Good luck for Friday. 

Thank you and good idea - I’ll do the same. 

28 minutes ago, ConnorS said:

So due to your dog's passing has it brought your timeline forward at all?

No. We adjusted everything around waiting for the cruise with an available kennel - so moved the wedding date and my last day at work back, so can’t really leave any earlier. I’ll do it the more practical way now and wait to have a visa in hand before booking. 

Will lose my deposit for the cruise, plus my fiancé bought a flight out here that he’ll lose - but only cost around £400 total. The cruise, then road trip, would have easily come to £5K or more, so makes sense to fly for £500 instead. Plus, I’d spend the whole trip crying if we do it just the two of us, so not really a holiday 🙁.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

it wasn’t fair to put him through anymore. It was all so sudden.

We've been that route before when you're basically forced to say good-bye when you weren't prepared. Your head knows it was best, but your heart protests.  Your plans have taken a big turn, but you are one who can make a Plan B or Plan C because you understand the process and are prepared. Your life is going to be different than you thought without your faithful companion, but you will have a husband to help you build a new life together. Not easy, but hopefully rewarding.

3 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

We've been that route before when you're basically forced to say good-bye when you weren't prepared. Your head knows it was best, but your heart protests.  Your plans have taken a big turn, but you are one who can make a Plan B or Plan C because you understand the process and are prepared. Your life is going to be different than you thought without your faithful companion, but you will have a husband to help you build a new life together. Not easy, but hopefully rewarding.

Thanks @Wuozopo - one positive out of all of this is that it’s further cemented what a gem Herschell is, in how he’s helped me deal with this - and we were both gutted we weren’t together when it happened. Then he could have had me ugly crying in person, rather than just on video calls 😢😆. You’re right though, it’s a horrible route to go down - sorry you’ve experienced it too 🙁.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Oh @Zoeeeeeee ... we are so sorry for your loss.  You have been such a great support to Ryan and I.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you, my friend. 🙏

You both are a bit further than us in the process so I can not add more than the above posts but nonetheless wanted to send our condolences. 

11 hours ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

Oh @Zoeeeeeee ... we are so sorry for your loss.  You have been such a great support to Ryan and I.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you, my friend. 🙏

You both are a bit further than us in the process so I can not add more than the above posts but nonetheless wanted to send our condolences. 

Thank you 💕

Got everything ready, in plastic wallets and a folder, so all set for tomorrow! Didn’t manage to do photocopies and am working from home today, so no photocopier - but they hopefully won’t mind too much having to photocopy themselves 🙃.

Now I’m just waiting to book my interview - September dates STILL aren’t available 😬

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.