Olislusan

Receipts Translation and Pictures Organization!

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
13 hours ago, Olislusan said:

I attached a picture of our binder like Paper Pouches. If it's acceptable (since there's no metal of some sort) 

For passport pages and stamps, my fiancée used her Algerian passport to enter to Algeria, since she has dual citizenship. Is it okay to use those stamps on the Algerian passport as evidence? 

IMG_20190724_110826.jpg

Take it out of the pouches/binder. (They have to take it out of the pouches to scan it/file it) It is easier for USCIS if it’s not in the pouch)

And, yes, include a copy of her Algerian passport with the stamps and a copy of her US passport (I assume that is the document she used to re enter the US)

Edited by janet3
More info

Timeline
13 hours ago, janet3 said:

Take it out of the pouches/binder. (They have to take it out of the pouches to scan it/file it) It is easier for USCIS if it’s not in the pouch)

And, yes, include a copy of her Algerian passport with the stamps and a copy of her US passport (I assume that is the document she used to re enter the US)

Thank you very much!

One last question, this is how I arranged the receipts (this is just a preview) do you think it's acceptable?

01_Receipts.pdf

On 7/24/2019 at 12:36 AM, janet3 said:

This is not a correct statement.....receipts and photos are taken into consideration (especially pictures with family and friends). And receipts tell a story (even if they are not translated) especially with pictures.....”we went to the Archeological museum in Algiers (add the receipt and pictures)” 

Of course, there should be evidence of travel to Algeria (or wherever they spent time together) and passport stamps and visas and flight tickets.....but the receipts and pictures tell a “story”. And the Algerian consulate takes the “story” into consideration....:

You don't understand PRIMARY and SECONDARY evidence.  A photo has almost zero weight.  I'm sure USCIS would LOVE it if people would stop sending in 50 photo's and 100 pages of useless chat/email that prove nothing.

If they required a photo together, they would say so.   But they don't. How you prove you went to X?  A plane ticket and a visa entry stamp is verifiable.  A photo of two people in a hotel room?  Not so much.  Do you really think a USCIS agent knows if you're actually standing in front of the place you say you are?  Correct answer: no.

I know, conventional wisdom is a lot of people clogging up the USCIS with binders, useless photos and dozens of pages of phone screen caps from a chat session.  All of which can be easily forged.  Would you like to see a photo of my and my fiance on the moon?  Or that holiday we took at the bottom of the ocean?  All of which I can provide in 3x5 or 8x10 glossy format.

Edited by visafrompa

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
45 minutes ago, visafrompa said:

You don't understand PRIMARY and SECONDARY evidence.  A photo has almost zero weight.  I'm sure USCIS would LOVE it if people would stop sending in 50 photo's and 100 pages of useless chat/email that prove nothing.

If they required a photo together, they would say so.   But they don't. How you prove you went to X?  A plane ticket and a visa entry stamp is verifiable.  A photo of two people in a hotel room?  Not so much.  Do you really think a USCIS agent knows if you're actually standing in front of the place you say you are?  Correct answer: no.

I know, conventional wisdom is a lot of people clogging up the USCIS with binders, useless photos and dozens of pages of phone screen caps from a chat session.  All of which can be easily forged.  Would you like to see a photo of my and my fiance on the moon?  Or that holiday we took at the bottom of the ocean?  All of which I can provide in 3x5 or 8x10 glossy format.

No need to be mean. 

An excerpt from the Dutch P3 letter listing what to bring for the interview reads:

"Proof of relationship evidence (whatever you used for the original petition, plus proof of ongoing relationship - evidence from the time you sent the petition until the interview) You will be asked to submit evidence that you have previously met your fiancé (e) and proof of a valid fiancée relationship with the petitioner. Please bring any evidence you think is convincing. Flight tickets, call logs, and phone bills are generally not accepted as evidence."

"Life is a journey." At this moment, it's taking me to the USA to the woman I love.

6 minutes ago, jeaniecz said:

No need to be mean. 

An excerpt from the Dutch P3 letter listing what to bring for the interview reads:

"Proof of relationship evidence (whatever you used for the original petition, plus proof of ongoing relationship - evidence from the time you sent the petition until the interview) You will be asked to submit evidence that you have previously met your fiancé (e) and proof of a valid fiancée relationship with the petitioner. Please bring any evidence you think is convincing. Flight tickets, call logs, and phone bills are generally not accepted as evidence."

If you could post the letter (block out personal info) that would be great.  Context, it's a thing.

A ticket or a BOARDING PASS?  There is a difference.  To marry under a K-1 visa the person must live in another country.  To obtain a boarding pass, the airline must verify your passport and visa status before printing a boarding pass.   Now does a boarding pass mean you got on the plane?  No, but combined with an entry stamp it is PRIMARY EVIDENCE of a fact.  You got on a plane, you entered a country.  Could you submit an entry stamp WITHOUT a boarding pass?  Sure.  I could take a plane to Hong Kong and a bus to Mainland China and enter China on foot.  Would I still submit the boarding pass as evidence?  Yes.

Timeline

I personally didn’t submit any receipts while in Algeria. I did put all mine in a binder in plastic sheets. I also submitted pictures not a lot just maybe 8 from both times I was with my fiancé. I also made sure to submit his visa and my visa from when we met in Istanbul for the first time then my visa with stamps from when I entered and left Algeria. I did all that and I had absolutely no problems. I didn’t receive an RFE or anything and my case actually went fairly quick, and is now in transit to Algeria as we speak. If you need any help you can private message me. I know this is stressful and everyone has their own way of doing things. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Timeline
11 minutes ago, visafrompa said:

If you could post the letter (block out personal info) that would be great.  Context, it's a thing.

Context? I quoted the paragraph about evidence of relationship. 

A ticket or a BOARDING PASS?  There is a difference.  To marry under a K-1 visa the person must live in another country.  To obtain a boarding pass, the airline must verify your passport and visa status before printing a boarding pass.   Now does a boarding pass mean you got on the plane?  No, but combined with an entry stamp it is PRIMARY EVIDENCE of a fact.  You got on a plane, you entered a country.  Could you submit an entry stamp WITHOUT a boarding pass?  Sure.  I could take a plane to Hong Kong and a bus to Mainland China and enter China on foot. 

You might want to read your first answer, in which you said  "A plane ticket and a visa entry stamp is verifiable."  Now you argue a flight ticket is not. 

Would I still submit the boarding pass as evidence?  Yes.

Ok, so obtaining a boarding pass PROVES that someone did board a plane? Of course it doesn't. 

Of course some pictures say more than others. Pictures can be taken at places that are easy to recognize. Like a selfie in front of the Eiffel Tower.

"Life is a journey." At this moment, it's taking me to the USA to the woman I love.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Olislusan said:

Thank you very much!

One last question, this is how I arranged the receipts (this is just a preview) do you think it's acceptable?

01_Receipts.pdf 1.11 MB · 3 downloads

Yes. I would include those receipts. Did she stay with her family during her last trip to Algeria? Or did she stay with yours? I would include photos of her with your family if you have them (I would only include a total of 5 photos.....she can always send more with you to the interview....or take them with her if she plans on attending the interview....the consulate will review any additional information you have during the interview...including subsequent trips of you two together) 

Timeline
10 hours ago, visafrompa said:

While I appreciate your vigor in telling me I am wrong (especially since I have been through the Algerian consulate with my fiancé....two years ago....with both primary and secondary “proof of a bona fide relationship”) But you have not completed your timeline and joined VJ 6 weeks ago.....

So please....if you have more experience than I (since you are in the Algeria forum) and have traversed this particular consulate and have more experience with the k1 process....then please fill in your timeline and let us know your experience.....

Timeline
9 hours ago, jeaniecz said:

No need to be mean. 

I’m getting a feeling there’s a troll amongst us 🤭

Seriously....no timeline....telling us we are wrong....with the word “fromp” in the name.....just a rebel rouser.....

🙄

Timeline
34 minutes ago, janet3 said:

I’m getting a feeling there’s a troll amongst us 🤭

Seriously....no timeline....telling us we are wrong....with the word “fromp” in the name.....just a rebel rouser.....

🙄

I thought the same thing. I was shocked by the information that they were giving. The pictures have zero weight comment shocked me honestly. How else would they know that you actually went and being seen with the family I heard is a big part. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, janet3 said:

Yes. I would include those receipts. Did she stay with her family during her last trip to Algeria? Or did she stay with yours? I would include photos of her with your family if you have them (I would only include a total of 5 photos.....she can always send more with you to the interview....or take them with her if she plans on attending the interview....the consulate will review any additional information you have during the interview...including subsequent trips of you two together) 

That's great!
She stayed with her family here, but I have pictures with them, and with my family when she came to my house. So I guess I have nothing to fear anymore!
Insha'Allah everything will go smoothly!
I can't thank you more really! You've been a great help! :rolleyes:

Timeline
8 hours ago, Crystal&Saido said:

I thought the same thing. I was shocked by the information that they were giving. The pictures have zero weight comment shocked me honestly. How else would they know that you actually went and being seen with the family I heard is a big part. 

So did I.
Thankfully I didn't follow them! :bonk:

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Olislusan said:

So did I.
Thankfully I didn't follow them! :bonk:

Yes it’s nice when you have people like Janet who catch these things and help. I wish you sooo much luck on you journey with the visa. It will go well. Don’t worry. Insha Allah 🙏🏻

Timeline
12 hours ago, janet3 said:

Edited by jeaniecz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.