Olislusan

Receipts Translation and Pictures Organization!

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello again my dear community!
As my Fiancée and I always say we gotta start tomorrow the process, we keep remembering important details. (Petition Phase)
- For receipts for transportation and gifts bought in/used my country (Algeria), most of them are in French, Arabic or both French and Arabic, and when I went to translators they said (All of them) by Algerian LAW we can't translate receipts!?? 

- For these receipts should they be signed? Is it us (the concerned) or the stores and so on?

- For Pictures (for evidence), we made a collage with Photoshop and we're printing them on regular A4 (Printer) Paper, is that doable? or should we print them at a photo booth?

Thank you very much!
And sorry for asking too much, it's such a stressing process. :clock:

Edited by Olislusan

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Olislusan said:

As my Fiancée and I always say we gotta start tomorrow the process, we keep remembering important details.
- For receipts for transportation and gifts bought in/used my country (Algeria), most of them are in French, Arabic or both French and Arabic, and when I went to translators they said (All of them) by Algerian LAW we can't translate receipts!?? 

- For these receipts should they be signed? Is it us (the concerned) or the stores and so on?

- For Pictures (for evidence), we made a collage with Photoshop, is that doable? or should we print them at a photo booth?

Thank you very much!

Petition phase or interview phase?

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, Olislusan said:

Oooh, sorry, Petition phase.

Do the receipts have the USC's name on them?

Just print photos on your printer,  doesn't need to be on photo paper 

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

Do the receipts have the USC's name on them?

Just print photos on your printer,  doesn't need to be on photo paper 

No, in my country we don't print names on receipt (I know it's weird) :bonk:

Timeline
1 minute ago, Olislusan said:

No, in my country we don't print names on receipt (I know it's weird) :bonk:

Unless you can tie the receipt to the USC,  it is just any receipt and of no value for proof of meeting.   Boarding passes, passport stamps,  hotel folios with named customer,  etc.... 

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

Unless you can tie the receipt to the USC,  it is just any receipt and of no value for proof of meeting.   Boarding passes, passport stamps,  hotel folios with named customer,  etc.... 

I understand, 
So it's better to not add them, just Boarding passes and anything that has the name on it.
Thank you very much!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Olislusan said:

I understand, 
So it's better to not add them, just Boarding passes and anything that has the name on it.
Thank you very much!

Yes.  You are trying to document that you were in the same place (country) at the same or certain time 

Credit card receipts can work because you can tie the receipt to the credit card account 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
On 7/19/2019 at 3:24 PM, Olislusan said:

As my Fiancée and I always say we gotta start tomorrow the process, we keep remembering important details. (Petition Phase)

- For Pictures (for evidence), we made a collage with Photoshop and we're printing them on regular A4 (Printer) Paper, is that doable? or should we print them at a photo booth?

Thank you very much!

So you are petitioning for a k1 visa correct?

You should focus on time spent together.....trips made together....pictures with her and your family.....

You do not have to translate receipts (my fiancé and I first met in Germany and then traveled to Prague.... I didn’t translate receipts)

Edited by janet3

Timeline
11 hours ago, janet3 said:

So you are petitioning for a k1 visa correct?

You should focus on time spent together.....trips made together....pictures with her and your family.....

You do not have to translate receipts (my fiancé and I first met in Germany and then traveled to Prague.... I didn’t translate receipts)

Yes!
That's music to my ears!
So just scan them, and put them in binder!
Thank you

Timeline
On 7/19/2019 at 1:24 PM, Olislusan said:

Thank you very much!

First I want to say calm! It will all work out. When I submitted my application for the k1 we had some receipts in there like for example the receipt from the train from Algiers to Oran. That is in Arabic. I copied it and wrote a note saying what it was then I signed it. The only things my Fiancé translated was his birth record, police, military anything really needed.  If you write on anything make sure to put your signature. I signed everything. As for how you print pictures it does not matter. I did them in a the store and I explained what each picture was who was in it and the date and location. With USCIS more information is always good information. 

Incha allah 🙏🏻

If you read the instructions, ANYONE can translate a document as long as they sign it as true and correct.  There are some documents that need notarization, but translation can be done by anyone who signs off on it.

Don't waste your time on photos or reciepts.  They are not primary evidence:

In-Person Meeting. Submit evidence that you and your fiancé(e) met in person during the 2-year period
immediately before you filed this petition. Evidence of this meeting may include, but is not limited to, a
written statement from you and/or your fiancé(e) stating the circumstances of your meeting, a copy of airline
tickets, passport pages, or other evidence.

Translations. If you submit a document with information in a foreign language, you must also submit a full English
translation. The translator must sign a certification that the English language translation is complete and accurate, and that
he or she is competent to translate from the foreign language into English. The certification should also include the date,
the translator’s signature and printed name, and may contain the translator’s contact information

Timeline
On 7/22/2019 at 4:41 PM, visafrompa said:

If you read the instructions, ANYONE can translate a document as long as they sign it as true and correct.  There are some documents that need notarization, but translation can be done by anyone who signs off on it.

Don't waste your time on photos or reciepts.  They are not primary evidence:

In-Person Meeting. Submit evidence that you and your fiancé(e) met in person during the 2-year period
immediately before you filed this petition. Evidence of this meeting may include, but is not limited to, a
written statement from you and/or your fiancé(e) stating the circumstances of your meeting, a copy of airline
tickets, passport pages, or other evidence.

Translations. If you submit a document with information in a foreign language, you must also submit a full English
translation. The translator must sign a certification that the English language translation is complete and accurate, and that
he or she is competent to translate from the foreign language into English. The certification should also include the date,
the translator’s signature and printed name, and may contain the translator’s contact information

This is not a correct statement.....receipts and photos are taken into consideration (especially pictures with family and friends). And receipts tell a story (even if they are not translated) especially with pictures.....”we went to the Archeological museum in Algiers (add the receipt and pictures)” 

Of course, there should be evidence of travel to Algeria (or wherever they spent time together) and passport stamps and visas and flight tickets.....but the receipts and pictures tell a “story”. And the Algerian consulate takes the “story” into consideration....:

Timeline
On 7/22/2019 at 10:13 AM, Olislusan said:

Yes!
That's music to my ears!
So just scan them, and put them in binder!
Thank you

Okay.....let’s just try to focus on what to do......

For filing the 129f......it’s the form, proof you met within the last two years, statement of intent to marry, and anything else you want to add....add the visas, passport pages and stamps, pictures, receipts.....but, for the initial filing....it does not need translated.

And don’t put it in a binder 

Timeline
5 hours ago, janet3 said:

Okay.....let’s just try to focus on what to do......

For filing the 129f......it’s the form, proof you met within the last two years, statement of intent to marry, and anything else you want to add....add the visas, passport pages and stamps, pictures, receipts.....but, for the initial filing....it does not need translated.

And don’t put it in a binder 

I attached a picture of our binder like Paper Pouches. If it's acceptable (since there's no metal of some sort) 

For passport pages and stamps, my fiancée used her Algerian passport to enter to Algeria, since she has dual citizenship. Is it okay to use those stamps on the Algerian passport as evidence? 

IMG_20190724_110826.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.