9 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if im in the correct forum. If not, admin please move me to the correct topic.

My mother in-laws is here in  k3 family base visa ( arrived in April 2019). The USPS sent the GC but it was returned, exactly don't know why. We only found out about this after a visit to the local USICS office this month.

I've also called them the directly, long wait but finally got through. Explain the issue again. So they submited a case inquiry and told us to wait for 30 days for a respond. As far as i know it, there are no RFE or any hiccup, other not being delivered. 

Ok so here is the question, i heard that they now are hand delivering GC directly to your door. And that if you're not home,  i'm assuming  they (USPS) wont leave any indication of an attempt delivery. That you have to visit the local USICS, sign some paper, and wait for delivery again. Has anybody experience this?

sorry for the long text, and thank you for the advice,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
20 minutes ago, 4izenough said:

Ok so here is the question, i heard that they now are hand delivering GC directly to your door. And that if you're not home,  i'm assuming  they (USPS) wont leave any indication of an attempt delivery. That you have to visit the local USICS, sign some paper, and wait for delivery again. Has anybody experience this?

Curious where you heard this?

USPS does deliver to your door, so to speak, however it's left in your mailbox---they don't knock on your door/no need to sign.

It's possible that USPS wasn't able to complete delivery the first time (ie. wrong address/incomplete address)

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Verify that USPS has a valid change of address for delivery of letters from USCIS for you M-I-L. Many times folks will do a change of address with USCIS and not do it with USPS, thereby only completing one-half of the change of address process. Many of the letters from USCIS have the printed notation "DO NOT FORWARD," so if USPS has an old address  on record for the person's mail, they will follow USCIS's directions and return the letter to USCIS. Many folks miss these instructions on the USCIS Change of Address link:

Change of Address Information

We strongly encourage you to update your address with USCIS to ensure you receive all correspondence and benefits from us in a timely manner and avoid possible delays related to your case.

Changing your address with the U.S. Postal Service will not change your address with USCIS. Please update your information with both USCIS and USPS.

REF: https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

HTH,

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, 4izenough said:

Interesting.  Our cousins came here in January on DVs and their GCs came regular mail, so maybe it hadn't started then.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Interesting.  Thanks for sharing!

2 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

Interesting.  Our cousins came here in January on DVs and their GCs came regular mail, so maybe it hadn't started then.

Do you know if either of them fit the below two scenarios for the first roll-out?  Seems from reading that they are mainly focusing on the below two instances before expanding to others.

1) The first phase will affect documents that need to be re-mailed because they have been returned as non-deliverable. 

2) Applicants who have changed mailing addresses during the course of the application process are more likely to have their secure documents sent with the new delivery method

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Going through said:

Interesting.  Thanks for sharing!

Do you know if either of them fit the below two scenarios for the first roll-out?  Seems from reading that they are mainly focusing on the below two instances before expanding to others.

1) The first phase will affect documents that need to be re-mailed because they have been returned as non-deliverable. 

2) Applicants who have changed mailing addresses during the course of the application process are more likely to have their secure documents sent with the new delivery method

No, they did not fall into either of these two categories.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, 4izenough said:

This states that if non-deliverable the first time, this would be the procedure.

So yes, this should now be the situation for your MIL because the first time it was non-deliverable.

Normally it comes by USPS Priority Mail.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
9 hours ago, 4izenough said:

I'm not sure if im in the correct forum. If not, admin please move me to the correct topic.

My mother in-laws is here in  k3 family base visa ( arrived in April 2019). The USPS sent the GC but it was returned, exactly don't know why. We only found out about this after a visit to the local USICS office this month.

I've also called them the directly, long wait but finally got through. Explain the issue again. So they submited a case inquiry and told us to wait for 30 days for a respond. As far as i know it, there are no RFE or any hiccup, other not being delivered. 

sorry for the long text, and thank you for the advice,

They deliver the green card in your mailbox, but it is a track and trace envelope so you should be able to follow it. Once the status goes to "card was picked up by the postal service" there will be a track and trace number in your case to follow the envelope.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.