AGG

Case back to USCIS

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I call the Us embassy today and i asked them what the reasons behind th denied 

They tell me this

We will wait receipt of Uscis reconsideration findings to further contact you 

plus they back my passport and medical Exam and tell me we will contacted you as soon we get an answer 

Any one here has a commun cases like that

4 hours ago, AGG said:

They tell me this

plus they back my passport and medical Exam and tell me we will contacted you as soon we get an answer 

Do you have red flags in your relationship?  Large age difference, difference in religion, not many visits?  Usually when the visa is denied, the CO has found evidence to doubt the legitimacy of the relationship.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
17 hours ago, AGG said:

They tell me this

We were denied back in early March, I've been waiting for a few months to see what the outcome will be. I've contacted USCIS a few times and they said just wait for possible RFE or whatever they will decide. We did a K1 that was denied due to "not displaying adequate intent to marry ". 

Was told USCIS never reviews K1s, that they are just left to expire, but that's what they are doing with ours. 

20190718_111539.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Dataunavailable said:

We were denied back in early March, I've been waiting for a few months to see what the outcome will be. I've contacted USCIS a few times and they said just wait for possible RFE or whatever they will decide. We did a K1 that was denied due to "not displaying adequate intent to marry ". 

Was told USCIS never reviews K1s, that they are just left to expire, but that's what they are doing with ours. 

The Department of State sends it back to USCIS for review. USCIS then lets it die.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
52 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

The Department of State sends it back to USCIS for review. USCIS then lets it die.

I was told by a USCIS supervisor that our petition was requested for review and to wait for whatever decision they make, why would it be saying please wait until we are done, if they are just letting it die?

Why wouldn't they just say, we recieved your returned petition May 21st, nothing further can be done with it. 

I was specifically asking the supervisor about sending in further documentation from my trip in May to help the review and they told me to not send anything unless I get an RFE. Why wouldn't the supervisor just have told me that nothing further will be done? 

Sorry if I am sounding argumentative,  I'm not, but this whole process has put a lot of stress on me. 

So what do they do, they give me a case status, don't review it and eventually say, sorry for wasting months of your time, you can refile whenever? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dataunavailable said:

I was told by a USCIS supervisor that our petition was requested for review and to wait for whatever decision they make, why would it be saying please wait until we are done, if they are just letting it die?

Why wouldn't they just say, we recieved your returned petition May 21st, nothing further can be done with it. 

I was specifically asking the supervisor about sending in further documentation from my trip in May to help the review and they told me to not send anything unless I get an RFE. Why wouldn't the supervisor just have told me that nothing further will be done? 

Sorry if I am sounding argumentative,  I'm not, but this whole process has put a lot of stress on me. 

So what do they do, they give me a case status, don't review it and eventually say, sorry for wasting months of your time, you can refile whenever? 

With a k-1 even though you are told it will be reviewed it actually just sits and dies. They may review it for notes for the file but you won't get anything but  a letter after the expiration that it has been expired.

A Cr1 case will actually get a letter to respond to.

16 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Do you have red flags in your relationship?  Large age difference, difference in religion, not many visits?  Usually when the visa is denied, the CO has found evidence to doubt the legitimacy of the relationship.

Not really evidence per se but yes doubt for sure.   They had no evidence at our interview but tried real hard to get things out of us that were untrue.   Our NOIR was extremely simple to rebut because they had nothing but speculation.  

Edited by Ahmed&Freda

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
22 hours ago, AGG said:

They tell me this

Most likely your case was returned because of not enough evidence of a bonafide relationship.  In addition do you recall anything with your interview going disarray?  If you answered anything inconsistently or in error they will include that in the notes as well.   

There isn't really anything you can do at this point.  Since it's a K-1 you'll have to refile (either k-1 or marry and Cr1) but you need to try to figure out why they may have returned it.  If there is something you haven't mentioned that may be an issue in addition to the above you'll need to make sure that it is taken care of or you'll be right back where you started.

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.