mooremanda

K1 Visa; appointment times: Honduras Embassy

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

My fiancé and I have applied for a K1 Visa and we are near the end finally! However, recently I have felt super discouraged because we cannot schedule an interview and was wondering if anyone has experienced this or has any advice?  We have submitted everything, paid all fees, and the status of our visa is "READY for interview...please schedule an interview". However, every time I get on the website to schedule an interview for the past 2 weeks it just says " no appointments available".  I refresh it very frequently and check often, and still nothing.  When I emailed the embassy they said it was just a "first come first serve" type of thing.   There is a time estimate of 6 days for nonimmigrant visa appointments, but no kind of time estimate for the k1 interview.  I just don't know if I need to expect to wait a few weeks to a few months.  It's so hard and stressful to not know any timelines or what to expect...I just feel in the dark.

thank you for any help! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

You basically are going to have to check the website multiple times a day everyday until slots open up. I had the same issue and I also emailed the embassy. They told me that they were going to open them on a specific date, but since your case is first come first serve I would just check a lot. Like a lot.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

**Moved Topic to Regional forum since it's Country specific questions**

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
9 minutes ago, ClickityClackity said:

You basically are going to have to check the website multiple times a day everyday until slots open up. I had the same issue and I also emailed the embassy. They told me that they were going to open them on a specific date, but since your case is first come first serve I would just check a lot. Like a lot.

do you have any idea if they open up appointments a certain time of day? like at midnight or something? 

Thank you for your advice!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
5 minutes ago, mooremanda said:

do you have any idea if they open up appointments a certain time of day? like at midnight or something? 

Thank you for your advice!

It depends on the embassy, so I honestly have no idea. 

My advise is to send another email to the embassy saying that you have been checking for days and maybe they will give you some tips on how to proceed or when to check. 

Good luck!

My interview was June 25th at the Honduras us embassy. Of course they were closed and we were told to reschedule. When we rescheduled the only date available was the 25th of July. I think that they are making sure the people who’s interview was canceled go first maybe. I’m not sure. If you have any questions give me a message I will send you my email 

Timeline
On 7/18/2019 at 2:03 PM, Shelbi said:

My interview was June 25th at the Honduras us embassy. Of course they were closed and we were told to reschedule. When we rescheduled the only date available was the 25th of July. I think that they are making sure the people who’s interview was canceled go first maybe. I’m not sure. If you have any questions give me a message I will send you my email 

We finally got a date in August!   Thank you!  And good luck this week!! 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
50 minutes ago, jxpovercomes said:

Hi, how was the interview? Also, would you please share with me the email address of the embassy in Honduras? I couldn't find it anywhere! 

There are a few emails...I used tggiv@state.gov  since i was doing an immigrant visa. they also have support-honduras@ustraveldocs.com for questions related to visa applications. 

And the interview was not bad at all, I went with my fiancé to his and i thought that was helpful.   They only asked a few questions, it was quick. Just have all of your paperwork organized in a way you can get to it fast if they ask for a certain thing .

• 2 months later...
On 7/20/2019 at 8:53 AM, mooremanda said:

We finally got a date in August!   Thank you!  And good luck this week!! 

Hi! I wanted to know if you can help me, I do not know if the long form of birth records needs to be translated ? What documents do you need to translate ?

Edited by Ivanna Vogel

On 7/18/2019 at 12:03 PM, Shelbi said:

Hi I wanted to know if you can help me! I wanted to know what documents needs to be translated, They requested the long authenticated copy of the birth certificate, what documents did you had translated?

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Ivanna Vogel said:
30 minutes ago, Ivanna Vogel said:

Hi I wanted to know if you can help me! I wanted to know what documents needs to be translated, They requested the long authenticated copy of the birth certificate, what documents did you had translated?

Hi I wanted to know if you can help me! I wanted to know what documents needs to be translated, They requested the long authenticated copy of the birth certificate, what documents did you had translated

we did have that translated...the birth certificate. However, we first got the police record from comayagua and realized we needed it from Tegucigalpa at the last minute and I did not get that for translated and it was fine. 

Timeline

Yes. Check once or twice a day. (At first I checked it constantly and got kicked out and had to wait 3 days to get back on) I think I normally saw the open appointments in the evening. Good luck with everything!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.