Tony999

100% of the Federal poverty guidelines? 125% for I-130

70 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Doesn't matter,  she won't be getting a PC from UAE since she is no longer there 

That is true but I still had to ask because you know how many pinoys are OFWs. My wife had to make a separate trip to Manila just to go to the Qatar Embassy in Caloocan. Which of course I had to pay for. 

3 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

None yet, going to Manila for two weeks as soon as I get my passport.  Thanks everyone, please go easy on me haha.

So you've never actually met?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

None yet, going to Manila for two weeks as soon as I get my passport.  Thanks everyone, please go easy on me haha.

Oy vay.   Was the potential visa your idea or hers?

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

34 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Really? Oh my gosh. Could you give me some idea's on what made it cost so much. Wow Yea that's more than I can drop.

For us, in addition to the visa and adjustment fees, the many visits back and forth and the months after POE when my husband could not work.  We were fortunate in that it only took about 4.5 months from filing AOS/EAD/AP to receive the combo card (and he started working about one month later), but it seems to be taking 6-8 months currently.  

4 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

That's correct.

Have you been married before?  I strongly recommend many visits before petitioning her.  

1 minute ago, Tony999 said:

Not too bad she's 30 I'm 42 she's a little overweight not crazy cute. She works in a hospital many hours a week. A very simple woman working for her family way back home. 

I was under the impression that you were of the age to collect social security?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.