AGG

Denied Letter From US embassy K1 visa

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, Unlockable said:

If you are concerned about strangers on the internet being able to find red flags with your immigration history simply from previous postings, then you are about to have tough road ahead. USCIS probably has a huge file on you based on the many previous visas you applied for. Those cases don't just disappear when they get denied. They are saved and reviewed every time you file for a new visa. And your previous filings may be taken into consideration.

Basically, we are trying to tell you that you are under immigration's microscope and the more you attempt a new way to get a visa the harder it get for you to get one. May be best to reevaluate your plan on immigrating to the US at least for the immediate future.

and for both K1 and CR1 the immigrant needs to expose all social media sites with ID's used when they fill out the ds 160 or ds 260

this includes facebook and Visa journey /  it icludes any site that allows you to send and get messages 

so,   all your dating and chat sites are exposed to immigration  

meaning they can see what you have posted in facebook just as geowrian could 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 7/10/2019 at 11:38 PM, Rose2019 said:

You should contact them and see why they denied/refused your visa. They can’t just deny your visa and not give you any reasons. If I were you I would definitely contact them and see why it was denied. Best of luck. These things can really get exhausting and frustrated. Keep your head high. Again, sorry to hear you got denied. 

They can and do deny visas without explanation. They are no longer required to issue notices of intent to deny or even RFEs under the new administration.

Timeline
On 7/11/2019 at 7:54 PM, JeanneAdil said:

and for both K1 and CR1 the immigrant needs to expose all social media sites with ID's used when they fill out the ds 160 or ds 260

this includes facebook and Visa journey /  it icludes any site that allows you to send and get messages 

so,   all your dating and chat sites are exposed to immigration  

meaning they can see what you have posted in facebook just as geowrian could 

The part about the social media accounts is not correct. there is a finite list and visa journey and dating sites are not on it.

22 minutes ago, LaBeach said:

The part about the social media accounts is not correct. there is a finite list and visa journey and dating sites are not on it.

Facebook is definitely on the scroll-down menu screen shots I've seen.

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Facebook is definitely on the scroll-down menu screen shots I've seen.

I was very specific in what I said was not on the list and I did not include facebook so I don't  know why you made this reply.

3 hours ago, LaBeach said:

They can and do deny visas without explanation. They are no longer required to issue notices of intent to deny or even RFEs under the new administration.

Every denial has a reason. Although it may not be as detailed as one hopes, every visa that is denied must be recorded as such with the section of INA applied to it.

They were never required to issue an RFE or NOID - they always had discretion to issue an outright denial. There was a policy change covering the guidelines of when to issue an outright denial instead of an RFE.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Timeline
15 hours ago, LaBeach said:

The change if RFE requirement is for USCIS and petition approval, not the vIsa interview.  As stated earlier, the officer must still provide --at a minimum-- the section(s) of law under which a visa is denied.

Timeline
12 hours ago, geowrian said:

Every denial has a reason. Although it may not be as detailed as one hopes, every visa that is denied must be recorded as such with the section of INA applied to it.

They were never required to issue an RFE or NOID - they always had discretion to issue an outright denial. There was a policy change covering the guidelines of when to issue an outright denial instead of an RFE.

7 minutes ago, jan22 said:

The change if RFE requirement is for USCIS and petition approval, not the vIsa interview.  As stated earlier, the officer must still provide --at a minimum-- the section(s) of law under which a visa is denied.

you guys need to be more practical, telling someone they are denied under 221 or any other section is not an explanation in the sense the OP was seeking. Those are simply broad statutory sections that run the entire gamut and do not give the specific reason for the denial. I reiterate, they deny visas all the time without any explanation that makes sense to the applicant, not withstanding the vague statutory reference. 

Filed: Timeline
5 minutes ago, LaBeach said:

you guys need to be more practical, telling someone they are denied under 221 or any other section is not an explanation in the sense the OP was seeking. Those are simply broad statutory sections that run the entire gamut and do not give the specific reason for the denial. I reiterate, they deny visas all the time without any explanation that makes sense to the applicant, not withstanding the vague statutory reference. 

For many, it is not a matter of not understanding the reason, it's more an isue of not agreeing with it.  For example, for 214b -- not demonstrating sufficient ties to ensure a return to your home country -- many say they were not giving a reason why the visa was refused. They have been given one, but they do not agree with the decision, so as far as they are concerned, they have not been given a valid reason.  And, for immigrant visas, 221-g usually has other information included, such as "not a bona-fide marriage" or documents needed.

Edited by jan22

7 minutes ago, LaBeach said:

I reiterate, they deny visas all the time without any explanation that makes sense to the applicant, not withstanding the vague statutory reference. 

I would just point out that that's not what reiterate means. That's a clarification. :)

Edit: There is no requirement to provide a reason that makes sense to the applicant. Many (likely most) applicants are not familiar with the intricacies of the INA.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.