Jump to content
Rina Ocampo

Adjustment of Status in TX

16 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Rina Ocampo said:

Hi guys, received my i-794 for my aos in TX. I just want to know how long will it take to get the biometrics notice? 

Couple weeks to a month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rina Ocampo said:

Hi guys, received my i-794 for my aos in TX. I just want to know how long will it take to get the biometrics notice? 

Can you tell me when your AOS packet was received by USCIS?  Just trying to compare timelines since we are both in Texas.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Symphonyx2 said:

Can you tell me when your AOS packet was received by USCIS?  Just trying to compare timelines since we are both in Texas.  Thanks!

@Symphonyx2 June 25 we received the notice. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2019 at 9:18 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

Couple weeks to a month.

It could well take longer than that. It's been more than six weeks since my AOS notice date of May 24, and I've yet to receive my biometrics notice. There are a number of other people who filed at around the same time or even earlier who are still waiting, too.

And yet some people who filed after me have already received their notices. The only conclusion to draw from this is that it's impossible to say how long anything involving USCIS will take...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, JudeB77 said:

It could well take longer than that. It's been more than six weeks since my AOS notice date of May 24, and I've yet to receive my biometrics notice. There are a number of other people who filed at around the same time or even earlier who are still waiting, too.

And yet some people who filed after me have already received their notices. The only conclusion to draw from this is that it's impossible to say how long anything involving USCIS will take...

@JudeB77 it is a case to case basis I guess. So, all we have to do is wait. I am just worried about the medical that they did, which will only be good for 6 months. We don't want to pay all over again just for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JudeB77 said:

It could well take longer than that. It's been more than six weeks since my AOS notice date of May 24, and I've yet to receive my biometrics notice. There are a number of other people who filed at around the same time or even earlier who are still waiting, too.

And yet some people who filed after me have already received their notices. The only conclusion to draw from this is that it's impossible to say how long anything involving USCIS will take...

 I witnessed several people in your situation as well and I've come to conclude that it is entirely due to the backlogs at some ASC in certain cities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

I’ve been waiting over 7 weeks now for our Biometric appointment letter. Starting to get nervous....

 

Her friends here migrated on K1 and had biometric within 2 weeks. I don’t know why ours always takes so long. 

 

We are all in Texas too! So I really don’t understand these wait times and why it’s so different.

Edited by nekotakacho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nekotakacho said:

 

I’ve been waiting over 7 weeks now for our Biometric appointment letter. Starting to get nervous....

 

Her friends here migrated on K1 and had biometric within 2 weeks. I don’t know why ours always takes so long. 

 

We are all in Texas too! So I really don’t understand these wait times and why it’s so different.

@nekotakachoI know, it is always the waiting part that's hard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, nekotakacho said:

We are all in Texas too! So I really don’t understand these wait times and why it’s so different.

Texas has multiple field offices, including the two slowest in the country (Houston and Dallas), and field offices in large cities usually have multiple application support centers (for biometrics).

 

Being in the same state means nothing for relative processing times unless the state has only one field office and one application support center for the whole state, which is true for some states, but certainly is not for Texas.


K-1                             AOS
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28
Interview date: 2019-02-14
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 1:30 PM, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Texas has multiple field offices, including the two slowest in the country (Houston and Dallas), and field offices in large cities usually have multiple application support centers (for biometrics).

 

Being in the same state means nothing for relative processing times unless the state has only one field office and one application support center for the whole state, which is true for some states, but certainly is not for Texas.

@DaveAndAnastasia - just received my biometrics schedule. So pleased. Field office in San Antonio it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...