Boiler

Starbucks barista asks police officers to leave because customer 'did not feel safe,

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

PHOENIX – A group of police officers were reportedly asked to move or leave a Starbucks coffee shop on the Fourth of July because a customer felt uncomfortable. 

According to a tweet from the Tempe Officers Association, six Tempe Police Department officers were drinking coffee before their shift at the Starbucks near Scottsdale and McKellips roads when a barista told them a customer "did not feel safe" by their presence.

The barista allegedly asked the officers to move out of the customer's line of sight or to leave, the tweet states. 

"This treatment of public safety workers could not be more disheartening. While the barista was polite, making such a request at all was offensive. Unfortunately, such treatment has become all too common in 2019," the organization wrote. "We know this is not a national policy at Starbucks Corporate and we look forward to working collaboratively with them on this important dialogue."

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, ALFKAD said:

Just because YOU said so?  Or is there something more you have to add to the story?

Because I said so. What if I go to Starbucks and feel unsafe because a midget is wearing clown shoes? Would they be asked to leave? Or an old lady wearing a Marry Poppins hat? Or someone using a Mac computer sipping a latte? 

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Timeline
19 minutes ago, spookyturtle said:

Because I said so. What if I go to Starbucks and feel unsafe because a midget is wearing clown shoes? Would they be asked to leave? Or an old lady wearing a Marry Poppins hat? Or someone using a Mac computer sipping a latte? 

Well, it appears you are wrong.  It's America, where snowflakedness abounds, not fake news.

https://news.yahoo.com/starbucks-barista-asks-police-officers-151437758.html

Timeline
6 hours ago, spookyturtle said:

You would probably be asked to leave for being intolerant.

10 hours ago, spookyturtle said:

This is Starbuck Corporate Policy:

Starbucks Policy.
Any customer is welcome to use Starbucks spaces, including our restrooms, cafes and patios, regardless of whether they make a purchase."

So you can be a loitering sex offender watching kids go to the restroom, without question.

But the uniformed police are asked to leave.

ChickBoy

Timeline
20 minutes ago, spookyturtle said:

So the person that felt unsafe should have been told, if you don’t like the cops being here, feel free to leave. 

Sure, or better yet, grin and bear it.

20 minutes ago, Falcon Cara said:

This is Starbuck Corporate Policy:

Starbucks Policy.
Any customer is welcome to use Starbucks spaces, including our restrooms, cafes and patios, regardless of whether they make a purchase."

So you can be a loitering sex offender watching kids go to the restroom, without question.

But the uniformed police are asked to leave.

Tolerance....

11 hours ago, spookyturtle said:

Very good, but crazy busy. How about you? 

Not too bad thanks, hopefully it softens up for you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

https://stories.starbucks.com/press/2019/an-apology-to-the-tempe-police-department/

An Apology to the Tempe Police Department

July 07, 2019

Dear Chief Moir and the entire Tempe Police Department,

Thank you, Chief Moir, for the conversation today.  On behalf of Starbucks, I want to sincerely apologize to you all for the experience that six of your officers had in our store on July 4.

When those officers entered the store and a customer raised a concern over their presence, they should have been welcomed and treated with dignity and the utmost respect by our partners (employees). Instead, they were made to feel unwelcome and disrespected, which is completely unacceptable.

At Starbucks, we have deep appreciation for your department and the officers who serve the Tempe community. Our partners rely on your service and welcome your presence, which keeps our stores and the community a safe and welcoming place.

Our strong relationship with the Tempe Police Department has provided us the opportunity to host several “Coffee with a Cop” events in area stores, which bring residents and police together to discuss relevant issues and find common ground. We look forward to continuing to strengthen our relationship with you, and we agree that the experience of your officers requires an important dialogue – one that we are committed to being part of.

What occurred in our store on July 4 is never the experience your officers or any customer should have, and at Starbucks, we are already taking the necessary steps to ensure this doesn’t happen again in the future.

I will be in Tempe this evening and welcome the opportunity to meet with any of you in person to address concerns or questions.

Sincerely,

Rossann Williams 
executive vice president, president U.S. Retail
Starbucks Coffee Company

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”